Cameron vs Teague

player73

Mexia defense sucked. They gave up 20+ in EVERY game except for 14 against a very bad Groesbeck.

5-5 Elkhart gave up 20+ in 6 of their 10 games

Caldwell STARTED with a good defense for 3 games, then went on to give up 30 for nearly every game the rest of the season.

Malakoff defense was solid, no doubt, but it seems a lot of Teague's opportunities came off of Malakoff turnovers and miscues. Some caused by Teague, some not.

The Teague rb (love) was a factor that game and Malakoff's two way starting running back had over 300 yards rushing, that game.

As I said, won't take away from Teague's offense. They got the numbers, but they haven't exactly had a plethora of good defenses putting pressure on them, and Malakoff was ahead of them for a good deal of that first half. Questionable decision making helped turn that around for the Tigers

What makes you think the Cameron defense will get pressure on skinner? Because every time Glen Rose dropped back to pass you didnt get to him till end of third.....every other time yall managed to get pressure on the kid he was a good QB stepping up in the pocket and taking off or throwing it.....the Glen Rose WR aren't the Teague WR either.....the Glen Rose QB is definitely no where in the vicinity of Skinner....kid has a arm but that's it....Glen Rose went away from what worked and got too fancy....they should of abandoned the run early till they opened up the defense by torching y'all through the air....idk what the Glen Rose OC was thinking....y'all have a great rushing defense y'all swarm to the ball better than anyone I've seen this year and probably are the best at it.....If Glen Rose would of came out slinging the ball on y'all and then ran the game would of been a lot different....they may not have been able to win BC y'all were more athletic but it could of been closer. I'm just saying here I hope your secondary is getting ready BC if they bring that same pass coverage to Friday night Teague will score early, often, and at will. Teague defense will be able to stop the yoe offense enough to win....the question is will Cameron be able to defend the pass and get pressure on skinner....what I saw against GR that ain't gonna happen but maybe yoe plays better and forces Teague to run but only time will tell.

An if you wanna bring up experience again....just ask Fairfield how that played into effect against the supposedly more experience teams they beat last year on their way to their first ever state championship game.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all our lions that read this: understand that preparation and hard work pays off, understand that just showing up doesn't win any game, understand that staying calm and execution in the face of chaos is a must, understand that family is important that fighting for your brother and protecting his back cause you KNOW he is fighting for you, understand that each has a special skill, a meaningful task, important knowledge and that our team is only as strong as the weakest man; be confident that a group of like minded individuals working together can accomplish anything they put there heart and soul into. Understand that we are proud of you and we love and cherish each of you. We are grateful for your efforts and performances. We respect and know that the yoe are the two time defending state champions that played a tough schedule and that we are to roll over because of who they are and they have been there done that. (As the lieutenant for Leonidas that laughed at the word's,"our arrows will block out the sun.") Remember this as we stand under the lights friday night and undoubtedly stand in the shadows of mighty Cameron, let's fight in the shade...KNOW this Teague lions....WE BELIEVE

Teague did not impress me against Kountze. They didn't do anything that Buna,EC,and Kirbyville didn't do. Yeah Buna gave up 44 points to Kountze but we also dropped 80 on them.

Eagle, I was just responding to this post. He said that Teague didnt impress him yet the Teague/Kountze game and Buna/Kountze game were nearly identical score wise.

Teague guys-

I wouldn't waste much of your time trying to explain or banter with the SETX guys. They all have SEC defenses down there and no offense from the North will prove that otherwise. Whether it be Teague or Yoe, a spread team will pick one of those 8 in the box 9 in the box slot T teams apart down there and you can count on it.

For all our lions that read this: understand that preparation and hard work pays off, understand that just showing up doesn't win any game, understand that staying calm and execution in the face of chaos is a must, understand that family is important that fighting for your brother and protecting his back cause you KNOW he is fighting for you, understand that each has a special skill, a meaningful task, important knowledge and that our team is only as strong as the weakest man; be confident that a group of like minded individuals working together can accomplish anything they put there heart and soul into. Understand that we are proud of you and we love and cherish each of you. We are grateful for your efforts and performances. We respect and know that the yoe are the two time defending state champions that played a tough schedule and that we are to roll over because of who they are and they have been there done that. (As the lieutenant for Leonidas that laughed at the word's,"our arrows will block out the sun.") Remember this as we stand under the lights friday night and undoubtedly stand in the shadows of mighty Cameron, let's fight in the shade...KNOW this Teague lions....WE BELIEVE

Well said

Teague guys-

I wouldn't waste much of your time trying to explain or banter with the SETX guys. They all have SEC defenses down there and no offense from the North will prove that otherwise. Whether it be Teague or Yoe, a spread team will pick one of those 8 in the box 9 in the box slot T teams apart down there and you can count on it.

Wasn't Malakoff one of those teams??

I've never seen a Slot-T defense. LOL. Nobody that I know would discount an entire region "the north" as not having good or great football. Teague is a great team that may very well win it all. who knows. But the same should apply to some attitudes directed towards SETX football. There is good and great football there as well. Only 4 teams down there run the slot-T by the way. Buna, Vidor, Hardin-Jefferson and Orangefield. Quite a few run the Spread offense. I will support whomever comes out of Region 3 be it Cameron, Teague, Buna, Kirbyville, EC, Rockdale, etc.....Region 3 is stout!

Cameron Yoe...

Is The All-Time Winningest 3A Football Program in the Great State of Texas...

All-Time...

and the Lions from Teague

Will get to know 'Why That Is" on Friday Night....

Yoe is a great team with alot of tradition I agree. I wouldnt be so quick to look past Teague and on to next week if I were you. Just sayin.

Yoe is a great team with alot of tradition I agree. Yall just keep looking past Teague and on to next week.

The 2012 State Champion Cameron Yoe Football Team

and

The 2013 State Champion Cameron Yoe Football Team

and

The #1 All-Time Winningest 3A Football Program in the Great State of Texas

Will be looking at Teague All Night Long...

It Won't Be Easy...

but

It Will Be Worth It...

The 2012 State Champion Cameron Yoe Football Team

and

The 2013 State Champion Cameron Yoe Football Team

and

The #1 All-Time Winningest 3A Football Program in the Great State of Texas

Will be looking at Teague All Night Long...

It Won't Be Easy...

but

It Will Be Worth It...

Yeah but, this is 2014. Guess you didnt know that.