Cameron vs Teague

player73

Classic Texas high school football game that lived up to it's hype. Both teams played extremely hard and showed why this game was considered a heavyweight matchup. Cameron played like the sound team that they are and capitalized in timely situations. Congrats to them and good luck the rest of the way as I see Rockdale and Cameron meeting back up and everyone knows it 's hard to beat the same team twice in a season. I look for Cameron to make it back to Jerry's world and 3-peating.

Thanks to the Teague Lions, Coach Donnie Osborn and staff for a great ride and leaving it all out on the field, leaving a legacy and setting the bar high with not just performance on the field, but the work ethic off it and being positive role models for the younger kids and being mature enough to handle all the coaching changes, adapting and making the best in what were a lot of bad situations that they were put in. This group of young men will be winners the rest of their lives and your efforts should be applauded.

I like the way Teague will shape up next season as they'll return 6/8 starters. I look for the defense to be the strength with the offense being just fine.

X-factor for Cameron game- Aaron Sims

+1 great post. Winner of this region definitely goes to state. Region 4 is way down this year. I don't think Hallettsville or Goliad can play with Cameron, Rockdale, or Kirbyville.

Idk how I feel about Teague for next year. If there was ever a year for them to advance past the 2nd round this was it. I realize they return 6/8 but losing that QB and several others is really going to hurt.

Cameron is not going away anytime soon, I think Rockdale is losing everyone so they won't be anywhere near the same caliber as they are this year. They have a freshman that is going to be a world class athlete but one player is not going to be enough to beat really good teams at this level.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teague's going to be more athletic these next several years and the coaching staff will have them more physical. It hurt to lose what we just did but it won't be long until we advance past the 2nd round. It's still a great day to be a Teague Lion

Not trying to be ugly but this is the same stuff we hear from Teague fans every year. Teague has always been as athletic as anyone but have (4?) playoff wins in their history. This was the year for Teague to make a run and they ran into a better Cameron team.

Not trying to be ugly but this is the same stuff we hear from Teague fans every year. Teague has always been as athletic as anyone but have (4?) playoff wins in their history. This was the year for Teague to make a run and they ran into a better Cameron team.

I understand why u say it but it's coming :)

My thoughts:

Cameron was told their secondary couldn't play with Teague. Instead they picked Skinner off 3 times and held him to well under 50% on completions. IMO, Skinner is a better runner than passer (atleast that was the case last night)

Cameron was also told their DL couldn't get pressure. Skinner threw the ball on the run more times than not because the pocket was collapsed. Usually this occurred when Cameron only brought three people on a pass rush.

Teague's defense was better than advertised, but seemed like the coach got away from what was working for him in the first half too much. Cameron ran the ball at will towards the end of the game and a lot of that looked like scheming to me.

Teague had atleast 6 guys going both ways. This killed them towards the end of the game as they were dead tired. At one point, I remember Teague trying to sub in 5 guys on defense and a time.

Teague's running game was better than advertised. That Freshman is going to be a stud in the future.

Everyone is saying Sims was the X-Factor, and it can certainly be argued that he was. However, I'll give the X-Factor to the Yoemen secondary for completely dominating the Teague passing attack. They held #1 in check the entire game and forced 3 turnovers. After all of the things that were said about them this week, they really stepped up.

Congrats to Teague on a great season. You guys had a great team with some tremendous athletes.

Now enjoy that crow.

Classic Texas high school football game that lived up to it's hype. Both teams played extremely hard and showed why this game was considered a heavyweight matchup. Cameron played like the sound team that they are and capitalized in timely situations. Congrats to them and good luck the rest of the way as I see Rockdale and Cameron meeting back up and everyone knows it 's hard to beat the same team twice in a season. I look for Cameron to make it back to Jerry's world and 3-peating.

Thanks to the Teague Lions, Coach Donnie Osborn and staff for a great ride and leaving it all out on the field, leaving a legacy and setting the bar high with not just performance on the field, but the work ethic off it and being positive role models for the younger kids and being mature enough to handle all the coaching changes, adapting and making the best in what were a lot of bad situations that they were put in. This group of young men will be winners the rest of their lives and your efforts should be applauded.

I like the way Teague will shape up next season as they'll return 6/8 starters. I look for the defense to be the strength with the offense being just fine.

X-factor for Cameron game- Aaron Sims

Great post. For some reason or another, Teague just can't get over the hump

Great post. For some reason or another, Teague just can't get over the hump

Every year its been Newton and now Cameron yoe. Teague always has to meet up with the best in the second round no excuses just Teague has to play the best to get over the hump....its gonna take a mistake free game to get over the hump IMO....these lions played a great game and season and deserve all the praise in the world for their efforts and battling all the distractions since stepping into the Teague hall ways....lesser group of young men would of folded and been 7-3 or less but these young men stared adversity in the face their entire high school lives and beat it back...congrats to all the kids that have done this....I believe if this coaching staff stays together for longer than 3 years they will get over the hump....what all great teams have in common is athletes and great coaching staffs that stay together! Congrats again to the Yoe men and I ate my crow...I believe no one stops them on their way to their 3 peat! Congrats on that if yall pull it off BC that is a small company of programs! Y'all what makes Texas football how great it is from any other state! Stay injury free everyone! Good luck Yoe and thanks for the ride Teague.

Show,I saw where the Yoe is going to play in New Caney against EC.The kids and fans will love this stadium but warn your fans there is construction around the stadium and traffic is usually heavy on Fridays from Conroe to the stadium.If you go the Conroe route I would add an extra 25-30 mins to be on the safe side.We were hung up in traffic.Good luck to the Yoe.

Great Effort Teague Lions...

Like I shared...

If the UIL had put y'all in a different bracket, Teague would be playing over the Thanksgiving holidays...

Lion Nation.

It is no shame to say....

You Got Beat By the #1 All-Time Winningest 3A Football Program in the Great State of Texas

Cameron Yoe.

Now You Know.

All mart championships we have played with out our best player for getting kicked off or something. You find away without them to make it happen. Great season teague. Cameron is the defending 2 time state champs. They know how to win in the playoffs. I was at the game.

All mart championships we have played with out our best player for getting kicked off or something. You find away without them to make it happen. Great season teague. Cameron is the defending 2 time state champs. They know how to win in the playoffs. I was at the game.

So Quan Cosby didn't play in a state championship game?

When a team loses the best thing to say is Congrats and great game. Wish you luck in the next round. Anything else looks like excuses. Everybody has injuries and everyone gets calls against them. Turnovers, injuries, and calls are all a part of this great game. Even saying that " we played badly" disrespects your opponent. I don't ever want to lose because of any of those reasons. The only way I can accept it is if we simply meet a better team. I can live with that. Good luck to all . Also, we beat each other up on here but SETX loves to be a part of the best region in football, Region 3! From round 1 on these teams are tough! When Smoaky is slow we welcome all of you to come post on Setxsports.

• 1 year later...