59 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Arp
    • Gunter

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must not know as much as you think JJ. The gentleman I talked to from gunter was a father of one of the boys on the team. I asked about if they've had injuries, and they have had one. An acl. And that would be 53, and he said it happened in the earlier part of the year. So no one can really follow 53 if he's not in. I think I saw a young man that looked like a lineman in jeans on the sideline. I'll assume that was 53, Cuz the only people on the field that were lineman was 57, 58, 50, 51 and 52. 61 is gonna have trouble playing agaisnt 58 and 57. Just another fact for you. I'm sorry but your arp boys will be in trouble come friday.

Oh and to the waskom guy that replied to me, I don't care if your boys get back in street clothes or leave the game at halftime. That's a little stupid if you ask me. To be quite honest, I don't believe that your players actually change clothes during half, that's very unsportsmanlike and I just don't see a coach allowing it. Good luck to yall, be ready for a defense. You haven't faced one yet.

I dont want to knock your opinion and won't. I do agree Gunter has a lot of beef on the line...well kinda...they have 2 really big kids and the others are just good size. Now with that said Arp's Dline is among the best. Not many will argue with this. With 2 Big D1 bound Dends and 2 Juco bound DTs that Dline is very talented. Maybe your just not aware of the talent on Arp's Dline. Arp's Dline is Big, very fast and extremely physical. Offensively Arp has more speed and talent than anyone Gunter has played this year. ANYONE! MJ is just part of what Arp brings to the offensive game. QB Medlock is a 6' 180 lbs stud that's very good at the run and pass. Arp's WR's are very fast playmakers. 2 of the 4 starters are 6'2 and 6'3. The other 2 are around 6'. 4 Mauldin and 11 Reese are very very fast guys. 4 is as fast as MJ....11 is a D1 bound athlete who will play safety most likely. Once again I agree Gunter is a very good team. They are better than most teams in the region and there is a reason they are ranked # 3 in the region behind Waskom and Arp.

Tell us about them too while you're at it.

Oh so now I am a liar. There is nothing wrong with a player that is not coming back in putting on street clothes. The other team does not even know it. Further more I would not get on here and lie because unlike most people I am not hiding behind a screen name. I make it a point to not say anything on here I would not say to someone's face. There are many people that get on this forum know who I am as well as I know who they are. Like I said before have a nice day and I hope Edgewood has a good basketball season.

If I didn't have to go to the Paris/Sanger game, I'd be at this one.

Would very much like to see JJ's Arp squad.

In years past......I've seen Cisco play a much bigger Gunter team a couple of times in the playoffs. Cisco would wear them flat out in the 4th quarter and pull it out. Maybe Arp can to.

Must not know as much as you think JJ. The gentleman I talked to from gunter was a father of one of the boys on the team. I asked about if they've had injuries, and they have had one. An acl. And that would be 53, and he said it happened in the earlier part of the year. So no one can really follow 53 if he's not in. I think I saw a young man that looked like a lineman in jeans on the sideline. I'll assume that was 53, Cuz the only people on the field that were lineman was 57, 58, 50, 51 and 52. 61 is gonna have trouble playing agaisnt 58 and 57. Just another fact for you. I'm sorry but your arp boys will be in trouble come friday.

Oh and to the waskom guy that replied to me, I don't care if your boys get back in street clothes or leave the game at halftime. That's a little stupid if you ask me. To be quite honest, I don't believe that your players actually change clothes during half, that's very unsportsmanlike and I just don't see a coach allowing it. Good luck to yall, be ready for a defense. You haven't faced one yet.

The young man in jeans on the sideline was, indeed, our injured lineman. Very quiet and talented young man...and quite large. I can confirm there are colleges interested in some of Gunters seniors. We just don't like to get on forums and brag about that stuff. As you know, it contributes nothing to the ability to predict what's going to happen in the next game. The East Texas speed thing has always made me laugh...like nobody else can run? Definitely true in my case but not so much for high school football players. I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Edgedog. Not calling you a liar but he only spoke to one coach on our staff about what was happening in the game. You are either that coach and have embellished things ALOT or you are living in the fantasy world. Oh and another thing you need to shorten your post most people on here can't concentrate for that long. Gunter going forward good luck but those east texas boys are tough.

Edgedog. Not calling you a liar but he only spoke to one coach on our staff about what was happening in the game. You are either that coach and have embellished things ALOT or you are living in the fantasy world. Oh and another thing you need to shorten your post most people on here can't concentrate for that long. Gunter going forward good luck but those east texas boys are tough.

bahaha. Lol. Ok I'm done talking to this guy.

The points scored and allowed means nothing. Most of the points scored on us was when back ups are in. For instance on offense our Qb has not played after half time in the last 5 games and did not even suit up against Winona. Our best RB and Safety is the same way only he puts on street clothes at half time. He has done that in more than 5 games. He touched the ball 7 times in the last two games and scored 5 times. He had over 300 yards in the last two can't remember exact number. The point is that we don't use our best unless we have to so stats are out the window with us. We can't afford to get people hurt. Those two were just examples and they are not the only two that come out like that. Some teams may be lucky and have depth but we don't, except Rb. I think you know where I am going with this and I am tired of typing lol. I would not judge what we can do by stats. Go look at what we have done to teams in the first half and you can get a better feel of what we can do with our best on the field. I knew people would make a big deal out of LK scoring what they did but that was against mostly freshman who had never even suited up in a varsity game. Good day and good luck with basketball.

This is a valid point of course. It also indicates weakness of schedule. But...this is about Gunter vs Arp, not Waskom.

Just a quick addition to JJs fast east Texas teams, since you think no one is as fast as your east Texas teams, dacoven Bailey ran a 10.78 100m gunters 4 string running back ran a 11.01 100m. Solomon Titus from leonard last year ran a 10.99 100m. Faster than MJ. Gunters seen it. They can handle it. These times were in last years district track meet. Gunters starting RB also placed second behind Sunnyvale in the 400m with a 50.75. Pretty interesting how all those east Texas teams are so much faster. Before pulling #### out from between those cheeks you sit on, look stuff up so that way you actually sound halfway smart...

Just a quick addition to JJs fast east Texas teams, since you think no one is as fast as your east Texas teams, dacoven Bailey ran a 10.78 100m gunters 4 string running back ran a 11.01 100m. Solomon Titus from leonard last year ran a 10.99 100m. Faster than MJ. Gunters seen it. They can handle it. These times were in last years district track meet. Gunters starting RB also placed second behind Sunnyvale in the 400m with a 50.75. Pretty interesting how all those east Texas teams are so much faster. Before pulling #### out from between those cheeks you sit on, look stuff up so that way you actually sound halfway smart...

40 and 100 times don't mean anything. Track fast and football fast are two different things.

Dist track results

100M MJ 11.42

6th place in our dist 11.05

Bailey Pilot Point 10.98 in the 100 meters and that was 4th in the district. Only reason I bring this up is somebody way back there said that MJ was faster than Bailey. Or I dreamed it. Bailey broke two runs and had a 90 yard kickoff return that was what got us beat in that game. We led with 7 minutes left, ended up losing by 16 after a final minute int.

Just talking about strength of schedule here is Gunter's schedule:

Pre-district:

(W) Boyd - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div I

(W) Pottsboro - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div I (winner of district 5 in div I) They are 10-1 with only loss to Gunter.

(W) Whitesboro - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div I (was 4th place in district 5, beat #1 seed in district 6)

(L) Pilot Point - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div I (was 3rd place in district 5 div I) close game.

(W) Bowie - missed the playoffs in div I

District 5:

(W) Howe - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div II

(W) Leonard - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div II (won region II last year)

(W) Whitewright - missed the playoffs

(W) S&S - won round 1 still in the playoffs in div II - #4 seed beat #1 seed Lone Oak

(W) Tom Bean - missed the playoffs.

(W) Edgewood - lost to Gunter in bi-district

Gunter's record is 7-1 against playoff teams and 7 of those 8 teams advanced to the second round (Gunter knocked out the other one).