59 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Arp
    • Gunter

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok..honest opinion here..if you had not seen either team live Arp seems to be better team..I know Waskom won but do they just have more speed? Any neutral party have honest opinion?

Arp and Waskom both have fast Feature backs with fast compliment players to go along with them. Both have very good defenses with 3 kids that standout as better than most teams they play. Waskom runs the wishbone and Arp a Veer in spread formation. Niether are overly big teams but both are very athletic teams with a few big boys spread out. Both can score from anywhere on the field at any given time. Both teams have 3-4 RBs that are very talented and both have 3-4 WRs that tend to make big plays when needed

Yep..both great backs..those ends are impressive

Wait till you see #44 and #5 lol....these two look like they could carry a car hahahaha

ARP and Waskom have a very common thing in common that is not very common with other seemingly common programs:JOHNSON

LOL and we have more coming up

Can't wait until Friday..Should be a great game

its gonna be a great game...been trying to tell yall that....Both are very good teams...Both do different things very well....could go either way....someone has to lose but hey...thats life...

lol...yall are gonna roll leonard anyways might as well come hang with me on the sideline.

Well, there is drama with KJ I need to keep up with. His last 2 games.... Or last 4 quarters has him with 5 TD on 7 carries averaging around 60 per carry. I know that is due to the competition, but most of those runs were 3rd and long and one was like 4th And 12 from their own 20 something. Coach put a lot of faith in him on that call.

lol...yall are gonna roll leonard anyways might as well come hang with me on the sideline.

Well, there is drama with KJ I need to keep up with. His last 2 games.... Or last 4 quarters has him with 5 TD on 7 carries averaging around 60 per carry. I know that is due to the competition, but most of those runs were 3rd and long and one was like 4th And 12 from their own 20 something. Coach put a lot of faith in him on that call.

interesting!

Smoke and Mirrors ringside.

Its sad to see yall hate so much on us.....yet we support yall other than when we play....Oh well....jealousy can sometimes make you do things you wish you hadnt

Not hating, just giving my honest opinion. Then again people like you make it hard to root for Arp.

Not hating, just giving my honest opinion. Then again people like you make it hard to root for Arp.

sorry you feel that way bud. But regardless I'll continue to be one if y'all's biggest supporters when we aren't playing. Like I said I've got lots of family in troup. Some in the school coming up too that will be playing for the TT. yes your welcome. Thought y'all needed some studs. Lol just kidding but those boys will be ones your very glad to see strap up.

Looks like Arp has a fabulous facility in the picture I have seen. Over here in Gunter we still play on grass and use local ranchers to graze their cattle on it since we can't afford mowers or fertilizer in our school district. Fans park their cards around the field and turn on the headlights, hopefully one day we can put up some of those lights on poles the way the regular stadiums have done. The varsity, JV, and middle school teams have to coordinate their practices because the district only owns one football and they have to share it. The scoreboard is one where two guys climb up on ladders and change out the numbers with cards as needed, and the time is kept by the officials on the field.

So it is a really big deal for the Gunter Tigers to get to play at a real stadium with artificial turf like the one in Royce City. I'm sure the coach will bring out a measuring tape before the game and reassure the players that the field in fact is 120 yards long just like the marked off pasture in Gunter, so that they are not intimidated.

See yall in Royce City on Friday.

Looks like Arp has a fabulous facility in the picture I have seen. Over here in Gunter we still play on grass and use local ranchers to graze their cattle on it since we can't afford mowers or fertilizer in our school district. Fans park their cards around the field and turn on the headlights, hopefully one day we can put up some of those lights on poles the way the regular stadiums have done. The varsity, JV, and middle school teams have to coordinate their practices because the district only owns one football and they have to share it. The scoreboard is one where two guys climb up on ladders and change out the numbers with cards as needed, and the time is kept by the officials on the field.

So it is a really big deal for the Gunter Tigers to get to play at a real stadium with artificial turf like the one in Royce City. I'm sure the coach will bring out a measuring tape before the game and reassure the players that the field in fact is 120 yards long just like the marked off pasture in Gunter, so that they are not intimidated.

Good to see yall get to enjoy the success over there...Good luck to you guys this coming week.

Oh man, I thought we a Waskom had it bad. Only difference is we got three folks up in the tree changing the score, considering how fast we score!! ;)