59 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Arp
    • Gunter

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you east texas boys you had something coming, and it wasn't a W. All you boys that said you were gonna run all over those gunter boys and that defense, I've got lemon pepper crow or barbecued crow. What I heard, and it was a from a arp friend, was that them gunter boys were putting a smackin on anyone they could. Yes MJ broke free and scored a couple times, but hey wasn't enough was it? Also heard the refs were terrible and were pro-arp. JJ you arrange that? Good season arp, lace up the bball shoes and get after it. Good luck next week gunter. I'll be there to root you on.

I told you east texas boys you had something coming, and it wasn't a W. All you boys that said you were gonna run all over those gunter boys and that defense, I've got lemon pepper crow or barbecued crow. What I heard, and it was a from a arp friend, was that them gunter boys were putting a smackin on anyone they could. Yes MJ broke free and scored a couple times, but hey wasn't enough was it? Also heard the refs were terrible and were pro-arp. JJ you arrange that? Good season arp, lace up the bball shoes and get after it. Good luck next week gunter. I'll be there to root you on.

I have the upmost respect for Gunter. Classy program. Good luck fellas.

Quite possibly one of the best games I've witnessed in a long time. Nothing to hang your heads about, Arp. Had a great season, and that Johnson kid is one of the best running backs I've witnessed at the high school level. Gunter came out in the 2nd half and rode that physical offensive line to a victory, and just wore the Arp defense out. Great win for G Town, and looking forward to that 3rd round matchup next week, regardless of who we play.

Great game by both teams!Gunter controlled the line of scrimmage most of the game and just wore Arp down with those big bodies.

57 is the best lineman I've seen in a few years. He's a man child and really lead his team. Gunters depth in the trenches made the biggest difference. They was the better team tonight. Good luck to y'all boys I'll be following y'all.

57 is the best lineman I've seen in a few years. He's a man child and really lead his team. Gunters depth in the trenches made the biggest difference. They was the better team tonight. Good luck to y'all boys I'll be following y'all.

That was a great game! Arp was definitely a good team! Miss a tackle...they gone. Can't say much for the referees..just pitiful. 57 does know how to play football. Smart kid and and very nasty in the trenches. We are missing our other bookend tackle to an acl tear. Another good one.

Ya'll have nothing to be disappointed about at all!

Tiger1995 you have shown some class here in the aftermath of that great football game. I know there is disappointment at the loss but you have a good attitude about it. It was classic ball control vs big play and this time ball control came out on top. Johnson is truly a sight to see. I expected him to be fast but did not expect his toughness and balance. Reminded of Barry Sanders really. We had him dead to rights on both of the 70+ yard runs and he got and away then nobody was going to catch him.

This game was so tight that I don't believe Gunter's #21 ever came out of the game. He carried the load on offense. and also played defense. Every other game he has been spelled by other backs. I'll bet he will be sore tomorrow.

The third quarter was what we have seen all year. Gunter has dominated the 3rd quarter in most games.

Anybody know how many plays Arp ran in the second half? It was not very many I know that. A quick touchdown in the 3rd but not much after that.

Dear 14 post wonder.

Sounds like the game was close enough to go either way.

And yes there is a lot of East Texas speed.

Gunter did what it took to win.

Tiger1995 you have shown some class here in the aftermath of that great football game. I know there is disappointment at the loss but you have a good attitude about it. It was classic ball control vs big play and this time ball control came out on top. Johnson is truly a sight to see. I expected him to be fast but did not expect his toughness and balance. Reminded of Barry Sanders really. We had him dead to rights on both of the 70+ yard runs and he got and away then nobody was going to catch him.

This game was so tight that I don't believe Gunter's #21 ever came out of the game. He carried the load on offense. and also played defense. Every other game he has been spelled by other backs. I'll bet he will be sore tomorrow.

The third quarter was what we have seen all year. Gunter has dominated the 3rd quarter in most games.

Anybody know how many plays Arp ran in the second half? It was not very many I know that. A quick touchdown in the 3rd but not much after that.

old jj don't mind losing to great teams. We played hard. Other than the int the turnovers where caused by good defense. Now I'm not sure if MJ could have been any better. He was everything we knew he was. That's why he's got Arkansas, Colorado st, Texas tech and Baylor now on the the table. Oh and Nebraska. I was so proud of him last night. Guys he had the full blown flu. Was throwing up. Diarrhea temp. He literally told the coach just give it to I'll go score so I can sit back down. It was tear jerking watching him score. We was speechless. Literally

old jj don't mind losing to great teams. We played hard. Other than the int the turnovers where caused by good defense. Now I'm not sure if MJ could have been any better. He was everything we knew he was. That's why he's got Arkansas, Colorado st, Texas tech and Baylor now on the the table. Oh and Nebraska. I was so proud of him last night. Guys he had the full blown flu. Was throwing up. Diarrhea temp. He literally told the coach just give it to I'll go score so I can sit back down. It was tear jerking watching him score. We was speechless. Literally

MJ was every thing you said he was. He will make some noise at the next level. One question..how much grease did you put on him? He sure was slick!

Here I am once again disappointed that Arp has failed to make it far enough in the playoffs for me to see them play. Guess I'm going to have to plan better next year, stop listening to JJ's hype, take a day off, and make the drive to east Texas to see them in a 1st or 2nd round game.