5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Mansfield Lake Ridge

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (7-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

Don't know how much our young wolf pups have left in them

It's sounding like we're gonna have everyone who went down on defense back, somehow...someway.

Sorey is out for the year I would imagine with his broken collarbone. JB definitely called that in the stands the second he saw/heard Jon.

Hunter will be back this weekend as well.

Wow, I haven't posted all year due to spinal surgery neither have I made one not one Lobo game, but I listen with great intent on the radio. Just hearing those guys on the radio make me feel as though I'm at the games. LOBO FAN07 that's a good report to hear that our "D" and Hunter will be ready; I don't know this Sorey kid but heard his name a lot. I was so glad that King had to really PUSH himself the last game by opening the play book and resulting to tactics he may have never considered. I believe this gave him the confidence needed to not just play conservative, but rather trust his God given skills as a coach and the kids ability to execute that same skill they've been taught--this is what a Champion will do. Friday night they did something I wish I could have seen that I haven't really seen in awhile in Longview--THEY came together as a TEAM... Every man showed his heart to the next man and the next; even the man who rides the bench showed his heart on that field. If they keep this up Longview will never be the same neither will coach King. This is Championship football at its best and in my eyes the Lobos already won the title because the biggest challenge was getting over themselves...

Thank you guys for easing up on QB last week in thread, all I wanted was for coaching staff to put him in a comfortable situation and thats what they did. Sprint outs and boot legs baby, this is where he floruishes defense has to decide pass or run and as fast as he is he could have chose either on a couple of TD's Friday night !!! Remember key words for teenagers is "Praise" and "Up Lift", (Quote) Dez Chumley is a leader !!!! Go Lobos!!!!!!

Wow, I haven't posted all year due to spinal surgery neither have I made one not one Lobo game, but I listen with great intent on the radio. Just hearing those guys on the radio make me feel as though I'm at the games. LOBO FAN07 that's a good report to hear that our "D" and Hunter will be ready; I don't know this Sorey kid but heard his name a lot. I was so glad that King had to really PUSH himself the last game by opening the play book and resulting to tactics he may have never considered. I believe this gave him the confidence needed to not just play conservative, but rather trust his God given skills as a coach and the kids ability to execute that same skill they've been taught--this is what a Champion will do. Friday night they did something I wish I could have seen that I haven't really seen in awhile in Longview--THEY came together as a TEAM... Every man showed his heart to the next man and the next; even the man who rides the bench showed his heart on that field. If they keep this up Longview will never be the same neither will coach King. This is Championship football at its best and in my eyes the Lobos already won the title because the biggest challenge was getting over themselves...

Excellent post. Every Lobo that wasn't able to attend would've been proud of that performance from the 3 minute mark of the 2nd quarter on.

It was something to see for sure.

Time to move on and focus on Lake Ridge! Can't let an impressive performance against an arch rival be the only thing we do this fall.

No one to argue with.....no one to tell us how weak our district is.......no one to tell us it can't be done. This week is going to DRAGGGGGG by!!! It may force me to get some work done!!!

GO LOBOS!!!

I was just thinking the same thing... lol...

btw...they sure are down in the dumps over on the Lufkin board...especially PA... he keep saying it is his last post then you see two or three more... lol...... I think the Lobos have put an unremovable scar on their football program for a long time.....like I said before... I cannot think of a more deserving program for that loss to happen too..and their fan base........

No one to argue with.....no one to tell us how weak our district is.......no one to tell us it can't be done. This week is going to DRAGGGGGG by!!! It may force me to get some work done!!!

GO LOBOS!!!

We need LpTV to get that game uploaded so we can waste some time this week.

That or at least get some audio from Oldetexfan of our good old broadcast team from Friday.

Just watched a couple offensive series for lake ridge. They have 3 dangerous athletes in the backfield and look like they want to run the ball. Qb is legit dual threat but better runner. Hope our front 7 get healthy we will need a great effort from them to keep those 3 in check.

Seemed like Lufkin got 8-10 yards a pop running up the middle on us. They weren't easy yards but sowell danced around and picked them up somehow. He is good but but we gotta tackle better. I don't thjnk the ridge qb is as good as cumbie passing so maybe we can cheat a little more and stuff the run.

Sowell was a heck of a back. I have a hard time believing any offense we face the next two rounds will be better than theirs.

Teams are going to get their yards against us, especially right now. But all year long our defense has been bend but don't break. Think that'll continue Friday.

I'm more interested in which offensive game plan shows up. The one that has the defense guessing all night or the bland one we've seen prior to last Friday.

That or at least get some audio from Oldetexfan of our good old broadcast team from Friday.

@oldetexfan..............we need some audio!!! Especially the last quarter, at least!! My prediction is that Brent and Johnny were very emotionally losing their minds as the score changed and changed and changed!!!! :)

GO LOBOS!!

@oldetexfan..............we need some audio!!! Especially the last quarter, at least!! My prediction is that Brent and Johnny were very emotionally losing their minds as the score changed and changed and changed!!!! :)

GO LOBOS!!

I can only imagine their call of the two point conversion!!

I would love that... but I was telling 84... I forgot to listen to the Lufkin announcers on Friday... I know they were sick......lol....