5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Mansfield Lake Ridge

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (7-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

Polk and Webster should have played more! Big number 69 should have played oline .... Huge kid that looked decently atheistic enough ... Instead sat snd played back up dline????kids just not being moved to get best 22..... It's best 15 then any seniors over better sophs...

Ross shoukd have played more too!!!'lots

Well... Onto the big games next year .... Beating pine tree, hallsville, marshSll, mt pleasant, etc... ThAts what some people think Longview should be thankfull for !! Maybe if your one of those teams winning those games is good enough.... But we are talking about Longview right?

Well yall will start out 1-0. No way lufkin comes to longview and wins.

Well yall will start out 1-0. No way lufkin comes to longview and wins.

It should be a good game, that's if Kordell plays well and we can bring in a defensive coach that knows what he is doing lol. Lufkin most likely will never be a title contender again, at least not anytime soon, I'm slowly coming to terms with that. I'm just going to try and enjoy next season while being at games. The Lv playoff game just killed me this year.

Lol lobo fan wanting jt to lose It will happen huh? Why can't we just have a good time for once yall over hyped longview this year that is all

It will happen. Feel free to save my quote and bring it back up if they don't.

Completely wasted two/three minutes on not getting calls in.

Wasted a timeout in the second half for the same reason.

Beyond vanilla play calling after last week's contest.

Keeping Dez in when he could barely he even move backwards after snapping the ball.

It was awful all around. I know you want to defend him cause you played under him, but there's no way to defend the same exact mistakes we've seen all season long.

Oh, I didn't see the game. Just wondered what the issues were.

He's been here 10 as of this year (11 seasons). Not sure how we jump to 15 from 10.

King is not the only reason we lost last night like y'all are acting. Duffey made plays, we were RIDICULOUSLY injured....half our defense could not move the way they usually do, and stupid offsides penalties at the absolute wrong time, not to mention a CLEAR safety that was taken away from us that ended up being the difference.

King had a big part in it in play calling and wasting timeouts. It should have never come down to a 50 yard field goal.

Yes, I'm at the point that in willing to take a risk because it's going to be the same thing year after year.

But y'all are crazy if you don't think we'll have similar issues time and time again even with another coach coming in. Half of this is on our players, that we just let get off the hook. Bone head decisions constantly handicap this program just as much as the coaching staff does.

I said it early on and I'll say it again. There's not a single special team in East Texas on the top two levels this year. Lufkin's defense was a joke even with all that talent. We were always going to lose because we are who we are (even though the injuries did play a huge part in it). And John Tyler is just asking to get upset, and it'll happen.

Man........., John King arrived here at Longview High School along with Pat Collins as the Offensive Coordinator in 2000!!! I WAS HERE to witness one Longview's most dismal seasons as John King called the plays and Pat Collins spit Red Man and Levi Garrett chewing tobacco all along the sidelines.

Pat Collins might have held the TITLE of Head Coach but, he did very little if ANY coaching at all. It has ALWAYS been John King's show to be honest. ALL PLAYS came through John King as they always have. I should know, my younger brother was the first starting tailback under Pat Collins and John King. All I ever heard was John King wants us to run this play or that play EVERYDAY.

I was at the Lake Highlands vs. Longview game in 2000 when Joel Armstrong threw the last second hail mary to Willie Andrews in ONE of our 3 wins we had that season. I know you pride yourself on stats but, you are dead wrong in this one! It is going on FIFTEEN YEARS with John King and I HAVE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!

I'm sure he's a good guy and all but, IT IS TIME TO END THIS PARTNERSHIP AND I MEAN LIKE YESTERDAY! THIS IS ENOUGH! Some of us are holding on for dear life as if he's JESUS! I do not and will not understand this senseless infatuation with a MAN!!! TobinFrost'it, I'm sick and tired of this EVERY TobinFrost YEAR!!!! Are y'all satisfied with the status quo or what!!!!!!!??????? It is time to LET JOHN KING GO-PERIOD!

Some of us are holding on for dear life as if he's JESUS! I do not and will not understand this senseless infatuation with a MAN!!!

Thought you were talking about his time as a head coach, my bad.

But really, you need to reread everything because there's not a single person who is worshiping him at all anymore.