Hughes Springs vs. Howe

Horns85

I saw all the smack talk about Howe this past week.. Keep underestimating this team ETX..HS laid won after 5 minutes left in the first half..apparently they aren't used to physical play in their district..fake reverse, numbers 7 and 8 don't like contact...laughable...little kid with the red Mohawk started punching a kid on the ground beneath him in the final few minutes..got ejected..some players wouldn't shake hands after game...classless bunch..hearts are broken in trailer parks throughout Hughes Springs this Thanksgiving..

You are laying some ground to eat crow if you get beat in the next few weeks (which is more than likely).

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep thinking those coaches are getting everything out of those kids! You are head and shoulders above but played one week longer? Your logic? You beat a Pewitt team this year that went 3-8. You may beat Pewitt for the next ten years straight and I guess the mustang faithful will be satisfied with that! Shoe has been on the other foot at Pewitt and I can promise you it wasn't the highlight of the season to beat HS because Pewitt played bigger games later in the season.

Again,if you think HS is loaded with talent and that the coaches are not getting all they have out of them, then you are as dumb as I thought. As I said, your logic dictates that a school must win State every so often. How many times has PP won State? So every time they did not, the coaches under performed? Do you live alone? Who changes your underwear and brushes your teeth.lmao

I saw all the smack talk about Howe this past week.. Keep underestimating this team ETX..HS laid won after 5 minutes left in the first half..apparently they aren't used to physical play in their district..fake reverse, numbers 7 and 8 don't like contact...laughable...little kid with the red Mohawk started punching a kid on the ground beneath him in the final few minutes..got ejected..some players wouldn't shake hands after game...classless bunch..hearts are broken in trailer parks throughout Hughes Springs this Thanksgiving..

Easy to talk AFTER a game. Where were you last week when you were peeing down both legs waiting for the whipping you were expecting? Kudos to your kids for winning a good game. After being a door mat for the last 11yrs. It's about time.

Hey. There are no easy games from here on out..anything can happen..we love the underdog role..Waskom will be tough no doubt but I love how ETX folks on this forum call last night an "upset"....if you were at the game you saw HS lay down after a Freshman third string starter (due to injuries) rang up two long runs and TDs just before the half...HS was speedy yes, but wouldn't finish higher than 4th in our district. Just soft.

Hey. There are no easy games from here on out..anything can happen..we love the underdog role..Waskom will be tough no doubt but I love how ETX folks on this forum call last night an "upset"....if you were at the game you saw HS lay down after a Freshman third string starter (due to injuries) rang up two long runs and TDs just before the half...HS was speedy yes, but wouldn't finish higher than 4th in our district. Just soft.

Of course your used to being the underdog. You've stunk since Carter was president. Enjoy your week of fame. Back to the dumpster you go after next week.

88 are you saying your thunder Thunder boys aren't talented and your coaches are getting everything out of them? You are truly a joke!! But then again I wouldn't expect anything other from someone that never played high school football but somehow knows something about it. You give Kumrow and company your guys and he would be playing this week! That's a fact!! Go lube up your needle and pump up the basketballs.

Hey. We've stunk since Reagan was president..doesn't matter right now...your backfield will be visiting their dads in Huntsville next Friday instead if playing Waskom...I'm out boys..just wanted to say hello and thanks for the scrimmage...please bring your varsity next time.

Hey. We've stunk since Reagan was president..doesn't matter right now...your backfield will be visiting their dads in Huntsville next Friday instead if playing Waskom...I'm out boys..just wanted to say hello and thanks for the scrimmage...please bring your varsity next time.

Back to the dumpster fire huh? OK. Good luck with Waskom.

88 are you saying your thunder Thunder boys aren't talented and your coaches are getting everything out of them? You are truly a joke!! But then again I wouldn't expect anything other from someone that never played high school football but somehow knows something about it. You give Kumrow and company your guys and he would be playing this week! That's a fact!! Go lube up your needle and pump up the basketballs.

Yes I'm saying our coaches are getting everything out of these kids. And no Kumrow would be doing what he is doing now. You wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the face. HS is not loaded with top shelf talent. However, they do give it their all for these coaches. Now you can crawl back under coaches sack and take a nap bench boy.:)

Yes I'm saying our coaches are getting everything out of these kids. And no Kumrow would be doing what he is doing now. You wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the face. HS is not loaded with top shelf talent. However, they do give it their all for these coaches. Now you can crawl back under coaches sack and take a nap bench boy.:)

Hey Goober don't you have some gas to pump or windshields to clean? I never said they had top shelf talent but the whole town is satisfied with being an average football team year in and year out, that can beat the drying up east Texas towns but can't beat anyone south of tyler or west of greenville.

Good job howe. very good game plan. Good luck to you. HS well another normal season it seems.. 2 r 3 rounds and knocked out every year. I understand build an offense around what you have to work with I get it. However your in playoffs you have to be willing to do what ever is necessary to walk away with win.. you make adjustments at halftime whether its on offense or defense. Sticking to the game plan is one thing but if you are getting your tail handed to you read the memo time for a new game plan. Play book to small. to predictable really need to mix it up alot more. you have a base defense however you run multiple defenses out of it. you shift down or load one side wherever your being exposed at. make changes. Just seems the coaching staff alittle slow on adjustments if any. HS very capable of alot more!!! and for the record I do have a family member on the team.

Hey Goober don't you have some gas to pump or windshields to clean? I never said they had top shelf talent but the whole town is satisfied with being an average football team year in and year out, that can beat the drying up east Texas towns but can't beat anyone south of tyler or west of greenville.

Would you at least change your name? You are ruining the great name of Lombardi.

One of the goals of High School football is to help turn young men into responsible adults, dealing with failures, and battling through adversity.

It's obvious to you that winning is everything and I pity your children, if you have any, and pity the kids at your school if most parents from your area resemble your nonsense.

Good job howe. very good game plan. Good luck to you. HS well another normal season it seems.. 2 r 3 rounds and knocked out every year. I understand build an offense around what you have to work with I get it. However your in playoffs you have to be willing to do what ever is necessary to walk away with win.. you make adjustments at halftime whether its on offense or defense. Sticking to the game plan is one thing but if you are getting your tail handed to you read the memo time for a new game plan. Play book to small. to predictable really need to mix it up alot more. you have a base defense however you run multiple defenses out of it. you shift down or load one side wherever your being exposed at. make changes. Just seems the coaching staff alittle slow on adjustments if any. HS very capable of alot more!!! and for the record I do have a family member on the team.

So...how many tackles were the coaches in a position to make but didnt? Blame the coaches all you want but HS just got beat. But hey everyone has an opinion.

The whole town is happy with a fine athletic program. I understand that you don't get it. That's OK splinter butt. Stay warm under that sack.:)

Would you at least change your name? You are ruining the great name of Lombardi.

One of the goals of High School football is to help turn young men into responsible adults, dealing with failures, and battling through adversity.

It's obvious to you that winning is everything and I pity your children, if you have any, and pity the kids at your school if most parents from your area resemble your nonsense.

Don't get me started on New Boston and how they have underachieved over the years! This is a forum where you talk about football! Not what you do or don't do with your life!! Those coaches of 0-10 teams lose their jobs but I'm sure they are teaching just as many life lessons as the state champions! Coaches are going to do that. Winning football games after thanksgiving proves that a program is doing things right in some form or another whether it be just getting the athletes to the field or making adjustments during the game that give your team the beat chance to win.

The whole town is happy with a fine athletic program. I understand that you don't get it. That's OK splinter butt. Stay warm under that sack.:)

Hope your right but after stopping in at the Wildflower yesterday heard some awful harsh talk. Thought I was at the Dfield McDonalds...lol

Ed's too good a guy to talk like that about.

So...how many tackles were the coaches in a position to make but didnt? Blame the coaches all you want but HS just got beat. But hey everyone has an opinion.

Talking about someone being on someones sack! Come up for air their buddy! Quit blaming the kids!!!

Don't get me started on New Boston and how they have underachieved over the years! This is a forum where you talk about football! Not what you do or don't do with your life!! Those coaches of 0-10 teams lose their jobs but I'm sure they are teaching just as many life lessons as the state champions! Coaches are going to do that. Winning football games after thanksgiving proves that a program is doing things right in some form or another whether it be just getting the athletes to the field or making adjustments during the game that give your team the beat chance to win.

"Winning is the only thing!" Vince Lombardi

So in your mind if you are not state champs you are a failure? Great life lesson. NOT!

And when these kids in high school start getting paid like professional athletes then you can start with your "winning is everything" mantra.

I'm sure if we examined your life it would be rife with failures.

still not sure how 5 loss Howe whipped east Texas's next Daingerfield. Shocking. I think one of Howes losses came by a 2a division 2 team. lol. oops