Elysian Fields vs S&S Consol Sat Nov 22nd at 3:30 pm in Van

TruthTeller11

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game EF I know y'all feel gut punched right now because I kind of feel that way. Just remember y'all were not even supposed to make the playoffs. I hope the injured player is going to be ok. Everyone pray for him please. Y'all are gonna be a force again next year. Hold those heads way up boys y'all fought hard.

Great game, great season, if your gonna go out I cant think of a better way. OT, in the rain, one point game. Real proud of the Jackets, took it to the wire. This was my final game as the father of a player, I'm very proud of him and all the boys he's been playing with for years. Good luck in the future, next year looks bright, Roll Jackets. Thanks to Coach Ford, who I have been critical of some, you really came through this year. Thanks to the great coaching staff we had this year, specially coach Jason Burnett who made my sons senior year very enjoyable (since he was'nt even going to play this year) and glad he changed his mind..

I was just snooping for a game summary and saw the mention of the injured young man. Prayers from Pilot Point will go out for him and his family. I hope he knows it's not just a local community rooting for a speedy recovery.

thanks buddy & he's doing fine.

Elysian Fields Yellowjackets not taking Rams lightly

ShareShare

Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:03 pm | Updated: 9:47 pm, Fri Nov 21, 2014.

Nathan Hague [email protected]

Despite S&S Consolidated’s record of 5-6 overall, the Rams won’t be an easy team for the 8-3 Elysian Fields Yellow Jackets to take down.

Elysian Fields head football coach Scott Ford said you can’t judge a team by its record.

“They were 12-1 last year,” Ford said. “They had a great year last year. They struggled early but they’re playing really well right now. They’re diverse on offense. They have the ability to run and throw the football.”

The Rams are coming off a 28-33 win over the Lone Oak Buffaloes while the Yellow Jackets are coming off a 36-30 win over the Paul Pewitt Brahmas.

“They’re a pistol team, they run the spread,” Ford said. “No. 23 (Wyatt Maher) is their best runner and he plays linebacker so he’s pretty good.”

The Rams have several different looks on defense and Ford says the ’Jackets have to be prepared for every scenario.

“They run multiple defenses,” he said. “They line up in four different fronts as they jump in and out of the different looks that they give us. We have to know our roles and our offensive line is going to have to be intelligent.”

The ’Jackets don’t plan on changing anything in their game plan but plan to treat it like any other game.

“We’re staying the course offensively,” Ford said. “We’re going to continue to give the ball to Kyree Ratliffe who does a great job of running between tackles. He’s a 225-pound back and that’s something not every team has.”

Ford added his team is excited to play and practice has been productive.

“It’s been going really good actually,” he said. “The kids are easy to coach and they enjoy practice. They enjoy being around each other and they’re looking forward to tomorrow’s game.”

He says his team has grown somewhat accustomed to playing on Saturday afternoons as opposed to Friday nights.

“This is our third Saturday game,” he said. “We’ve done it to enough to where it’s not a big deal. I hope it gives us the advantage to be honest. It gives us an extra day to practice. Tuesday turns into Monday, Wednesday into Tuesday and so on.”

Ford says playing in Van will be a new experience but he says it’s an easy commute.

“We’ve never been but I like that from I-20, it’s a straight shot for us,” he said.

Today’s game is slated to kickoff at 3:30 p.m. at Van Memorial Stadium.

Elysian Fields falls short to Rams, 28-27

ShareShare

Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:00 am

Nathan Hague [email protected]

VAN — Four quarters weren’t enough to decide on a winner in the area round of the playoffs between the Elysian Fields Yellowjackets and the S&S Consolidated Rams, as the game went into overtime tied 21-21. Ultimately, it was the Rams who escaped with the 28-27 win.

S&S Consolidated finished with 275 rushing yards and 137 passing yards for a total of 412 yards offense. Running back Wyatt Maher had 49 carries for 262 yards and three touchdowns. Quarterback Ty Lollar went 12-of-21 for 137 yards and one touchdown.

Elysian Fields had 401 passing yards but were held to minus-8 rushing yards. Quarterback Ryan Storey went 20-of-33 for 401 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions.

The first quarter went scoreless as S&S Consolidated scored the first points of the game when running back Wyatt Maher’s five-yard run capped off a 99-yard drive to give the Rams a 6-0 lead. The extra point by Nick Horn made it 7-0 with 6:30 left to play in the second quarter.

Two plays later, Storey connected with Dylan Parker for an 86-yard touchdown pass. Tramell Hudson capped it off with the extra point to tie the game up at 7-7 with 6:02 left.

Elysian Fields scored the first touchdown of the second half when Storey found Sean Owens for a 14-yard touchdown to give the Yellowjackets the 14-7 lead with 5:34 left in the third quarter.

The Rams tied the game back up at 14 when Maher punched it in from the 1-yard line to cap off a 61-yard drive.

Maher returned to the end zone at the beginning of the fourth quarter on a 10-yard run with 11:52 left, giving the lead back to the Rams, 21-14, with 11:52 left in the fourth quarter.

Elysian Fields tied it up once again with 4:52 when Storey connected with Parker on a 73-yard strike, making it 21-21.

In an attempt to break the tie, a field goal by S&S Consolidated sailed to the left, but the whistle blew prior to the kick and they had one more shot at it. His next attempt was unsuccessful and the game headed to overtime.

In overtime, Elysian Fields punched it in on a 2-yard run from Ratliff. The Yellowjackets were unable to convert on the 2-point attempt and led 27-21. The Rams then had their shot as they kept pounding it with Maher who eventually found his way into the end zone to tie the game. The PAT by Horn sailed through the uprights and punched the Rams’ ticket to the next round.

Elysian Fields finishes the season with an overall record of 8-4 while the Rams are 6-6.