Kaufman vs Argyle

Marinedad55

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argyle is the new Celina the past few yrs of north tx . We beat them in 2008 but they have raised their game considerably since then.

What impressed me the most about them the 3 or 4 times I've seen them play is how physical they are . They have a good setup to be good every yr kinda like Southlake,even if they move up a classification. Kaufman will need the football God to be watching over them and play their best game like last yr against Kilgore . By the way, did all the Celina posters get banned from Smoaky.com?

Argyle is the new Celina the past few yrs of north tx . We beat them in 2008 but they have raised their game considerably since then.

What impressed me the most about them the 3 or 4 times I've seen them play is how physical they are . They have a good setup to be good every yr kinda like Southlake,even if they move up a classification. Kaufman will need the football God to be watching over them and play their best game like last yr against Kilgore . By the way, did all the Celina posters get banned from Smoaky.com?

Yeah I remember they didn't even want to see our film that year .. Bet they don't do that again

Nope still here hiding in the shadows lol.

Tough bunch ....
Points per game: Offense - 51.1 .... Defense - 23.6
Total Offense: 4597 (417.9 pg) ... well balanced: Rush - 2483 (225 pg) .... Pass - 2114 (192 pg)
To Watch:
QB: #10 - 1982 yds with 27 TDs
RB: #22 - 1555 yds (7.23) with 28 TDs
Rec: #3 - 45 for 783 yds and 11 TDs
Multi: #5 - 288 yds rec, 265 rush, and 9 TDs
These guys are a handful .... posting these kind of numbers get you a #2 State Ranking and a #1 Regional Ranking

KAUFMAN:
Points per game: Offense - 24.9 .... Defense - 27.9
Total Offense: 3522 (321 pg) ... Rush - 1508 (137 pg) .... Pass - 2014 (184 pg)

Only pick I can find yet is Argyle by 17 ...

However ....
Some Hometown Pondering: The better team you play - the lesser is the margin for error ... play hard, play fast, play right, AND play 'bout perfect ... then let the scoreboard chips fall where they may ... you may be the underdog, but you're still a dog in the hunt ... and any week is a good week if you don't have to put your gear up for another season ... It is what it is - and I wouldn't have it any other way .... It's time to bring on your A+ Game ..... Go Lions.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" ....

What impressed me most about Argyle when they came to Paris this year is the size of their linemen, especially offense. Just immense. I read on here a few weeks ago where they pull a bunch of talent from the many surrounding 6A schools, which is perfectly legal. Parents can do what they want.

Very upscale area and fans there. Reminds me a great deal of Southlake Carroll rising up through the classification ranks of several years ago because of local growth.

Good luck to Kaufmann. I would like to see them shock the hsfb world...but they are gonna have to play a perfect game...and get some breaks...and it still would probably not be enough. At least the Sadler kid from Argyle moved on to TT. He was a stone killer in the sc game against Fairfield.

What impressed me most about Argyle when they came to Paris this year is the size of their linemen, especially offense. Just immense. I read on here a few weeks ago where they pull a bunch of talent from the many surrounding 6A schools, which is perfectly legal. Parents can do what they want.

Very upscale area and fans there. Reminds me a great deal of Southlake Carroll rising up through the classification ranks of several years ago because of local growth.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there bluetopper. That area is still growing and an attractive place for families fanancially sound to live. I watched them play Graham in Graham earlier in the season. It was an absolute slug fest and an all out war in the trenches. Argyle won 35-27. It was back and forth the entire game. It basically came down to the team that commited the least anoumt of mistakes. Argyle is beatable though. It will take a team with an explosive offense or a ground and pound style with big strong linemen. The key to slowing Argyle down is having a very good strong D-line and linebackers that are not affraid to lay into their workhorse #22 Ralston. He is truly a BEAST! Good luck to Kaufman. Have no idea what kind of team Kaufman has but they better play desciplined football. Argyle is like watching a big diesel engine machine churn through the forest and taking everything with it.