My pet peeve

EnjoyLife

Stadium announcers who feel the need to "get the home crowd in the game". (If you've been to a game at Cayuga you know exactly what I'm talking about.) I can deal with a guy getting excited over big plays for the home team. But if it's his job to tell the home crowd when to jump up and yell, what are all the little girls in short skirts on the sideline gonna do?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trueblue... I've heard two games this year when our qb rolled out the announcer was giving a play by play of what he was doing and what routes the receivers were running. Didn't need to read your man just listen to the announcer. Nothing should be said will the play is in motion.

Trueblue... I've heard two games this year when our qb rolled out the announcer was giving a play by play of what he was doing and what routes the receivers were running. Didn't need to read your man just listen to the announcer. Nothing should be said will the play is in motion.

You might want to tell him he's not on the radio.

They are announcers. Not analysts or play by play hosts.. It's mainly at small schools that you see such ignorant announcers. By UIL rules, an announcer is not supposed to show favoritism either. That means no pumping up the home crowd. I hate it when the announcer says "that's another "town" "mascot" FIRST DOWN!" That junk is retarded. Announcers should do nothing more that give the facts. Player, action, gain, down & distance, field position. Not, "that was a nice piece of running by junebug and a bone crushing lead block by stump. Reminded me of his daddy 16 years ago. I sure thought he was going to break away and take that to the house, but #2 barely got a hold of him and brought him down.

You are not a personality full of opinions, you are just a voice to convey factual information.