Waskom vs Howe Friday 7:30 at Tyler Rose Stadium

Wild74

Waskom vs Howe  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom vs Howe

Tigerfan86 u could very well be right .. what do u think about this game between howe an waskom? Am I smoking the good stuff to believe that waskom will blow them away?

I think you may have smoked a bit too much. While I do believe that Waskom will win the game, I don't think it will be a blowout. I think it will be a 7-14 point win. Waskom messes up too much and it could get real close.. My honest opinion, I think Arp had more potential than Waskom. I think there is more talent across the board there. I believe the biggest issue was that way too much praise is given to a select few players, leading to a lack of team unity. That was evident when fingers were being pointed at teammates when coverage was blown. Also way too much complaining to the refs about what was happening to them. My opinion is, if you don't like what is going on, do something about it, or shut up and play the game.

I truly think that the defensive style that District 5 D1 and D2 plays is something that most teams in R2 aren't used to seeing. Seems to be way too much focus on scoring. When you can't score at will, and the other team owns the ball cause the defense can't stop them, there is going to be a big problem. Not trying to start anything here, just voicing opinion...

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you may have smoked a bit too much. While I do believe that Waskom will win the game, I don't think it will be a blowout. I think it will be a 7-14 point win. Waskom messes up too much and it could get real close.. My honest opinion, I think Arp had more potential than Waskom. I think there is more talent across the board there. I believe the biggest issue was that way too much praise is given to a select few players, leading to a lack of team unity. That was evident when fingers were being pointed at teammates when coverage was blown. Also way too much complaining to the refs about what was happening to them. My opinion is, if you don't like what is going on, do something about it, or shut up and play the game.

I truly think that the defensive style that District 5 D1 and D2 plays is something that most teams in R2 aren't used to seeing. Seems to be way too much focus on scoring. When you can't score at will, and the other team owns the ball cause the defense can't stop them, there is going to be a big problem. Not trying to start anything here, just voicing opinion...

No matter. Waskom wins big. Then Waskom beats Gunter by 3 or 4 tds. Then you shut your pie hole.

The level of talent between these two teams isn't even close. They have one common opponent in Leonard in which Waskom played them on a neutral site.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but talent doesn't always win ball games..... Team unity, team defense, team offense and team coaching wins Ball games most of the time. Not many teams win agaisnt another good team just by talent alone. This game could very well be down to the wire. It'll be interesting. Hope if waskom does win they are healthy so gunter can manhandle them up and down the field. Good luck to both teams. I might have to make this game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but talent doesn't always win ball games..... Team unity, team defense, team offense and team coaching wins Ball games most of the time. Not many teams win agaisnt another good team just by talent alone. This game could very well be down to the wire. It'll be interesting. Hope if waskom does win they are healthy so gunter can manhandle them up and down the field. Good luck to both teams. I might have to make this game.

Gunter won't manhandle Waskom lol. You guys are a joke. Gunter had a lot of luck and still barely beat Arp. MJ had the Flu and Gunter still couldn't stop him. Just wait until you see Kj, Junebug, Dillon, TC3, Amie, and Mike Reason. You might slow down one, or two, or maybe even 3 but 350 yds rushing is inevitable. When Gunters big tough rb's are limping off the field due to our little undersized defense putting it on their arses all this naysaying will dissipate. Waskom roll Cat's roll.

No matter. Waskom wins big. Then Waskom beats Gunter by 3 or 4 tds. Then you shut your pie hole.

Really? You're pie hole keeps regurgitating the same #### every week. 3 to 4 tds ? That's a good one. Ya'll will be mandandled just like your neighbors...who would have beat you in a rematch, BUT, they aren't around anymore. There's a good possibility you won't be either!

Really? You're pie hole keeps regurgitating the same #### every week. 3 to 4 tds ? That's a good one. Ya'll will be mandandled just like your neighbors...who would have beat you in a rematch, BUT, they aren't around anymore. There's a good possibility you won't be either!

Waskom will beat Gutter crybaby. I will bring tissues for the little beach in you after your boys get trucked so hard you feel it in your little girl parts.

Waskom will surely OWN howe no doubt.. they will get in the end zone on waskoms jv tram... now for the gunter game Its going to be close like the arp game.. I keep reading turnovers helped gunter beat arp .. im not saying waskom will win but its going to be a great game

I post this with an assumption that Waskom will win over Howe, how much makes no difference. Assumption also, that Gunter will beat SSCON again. I have said before Gunter was not impressive with speed, but watching the Leonard game shows that district has solid fundamentals, and the lineman are overall bigger than what is normally seen here.

My concern about Gunter is their ability to throw underneath. Waskom has had precious few picks this year, and I can't explain it. They appear to be in position but don't make the play on the ball. Case in point was the Leonard game on more than one occasion.

Gunter beat Arp by a nose, and did it by playing mistake free ball using their strength. Arp scored quickly, Gunter scored slowly. Arp did not get enough stops, as I had thought they might could. Congratulations to Gunter, and if it happens they are able to push Waskom around and win, I will congratulate them then.

One poster said that Waskom messes up too much. Lets hope they can cut that down some, figure out a few passes that can work and make a go of it. Last year showed they got more in the arsenal than what has been seen this year. And lets hope that flu bug that hit last week leaves the kids alone. You could see that KJ was not himself against Leonard.

Out class? You sir are an idiot. After the gunter boys lay out your spindly little backs, they will be right there to help them back up and a pat on the back. you sound like JJ only you talk #### and JJ has a bit of statistics to his talk. Where is JJ by the way, oh yeah that's right he's out airing balls up for the upcoming practice. To the guy saying gunter only won by arps turnovers, false. That's called defense. I understand you might not know what defense is, because east texas doesn't have any. All three of arps turnovers were caused by the defense. One was a big hit, another was a rip and take on kickoff and the other was a int due to the gunter Dline in the face of the QB. You are quick to talk ####, you as quick to give excuses too? MJ wasn't sick. That's a load of Bologna! I was told he was in on every play of the game, a kid does not play every play of he's sick. If howe doesn't win, gunter will.

Out class? You sir are an idiot. After the gunter boys lay out your spindly little backs, they will be right there to help them back up and a pat on the back. you sound like JJ only you talk #### and JJ has a bit of statistics to his talk. Where is JJ by the way, oh yeah that's right he's out airing balls up for the upcoming practice. To the guy saying gunter only won by arps turnovers, false. That's called defense. I understand you might not know what defense is, because east texas doesn't have any. All three of arps turnovers were caused by the defense. One was a big hit, another was a rip and take on kickoff and the other was a int due to the gunter Dline in the face of the QB. You are quick to talk ####, you as quick to give excuses too? MJ wasn't sick. That's a load of Bologna! I was told he was in on every play of the game, a kid does not play every play of he's sick. If howe doesn't win, gunter will.

Mj had the flu as did Kj for waskom guess it's going around. As far as me being an idiot, I will be at both games if you care to attend I would love to discuss intelligence with you man to man. My name is Tim Myers and all you have to do is ask anyone from Waskom and they will gladly point me out. Sorry about your boys starting basketball so soon. Have a great week.

Howe has a good solid team and they beat a solid Hughes Springs team which won its district. Howe runs the Slot-T and those particular offenses can be hard to stop if run right and not much clock left once they are through driving. Waskom will have to score every time they get the ball because if they have trouble stopping Howe the opportunities might not be there to score a bunch. Waskom will need to focus on this game and not worry about Gunter.

Howe has a good solid team and they beat a solid Hughes Springs team which won its district. Howe runs the Slot-T and those particular offenses can be hard to stop if run right and not much clock left once they are through driving. Waskom will have to score every time they get the ball because if they have trouble stopping Howe the opportunities might not be there to score a bunch. Waskom will need to focus on this game and not worry about Gunter.

+1 Wild. Should Waskom beat Howe, it may get heated the next week. Providing that Gunter doesn't lay an egg against that other school in their district. Now that would be an egg faced situation. :(

+1 Wild. Should Waskom beat Howe, it may get heated the next week. Providing that Gunter doesn't lay an egg against that other school in their district. Now that would be an egg faced situation. :(

Haha, that would surprise me, I thought Arp would take that game but I was wrong about them and Hughes Spring. Hughes Springs played a good first half but looked like to me they just turned it in, that is not like HS and if they didn't Howe might be a tough team to beat.

+1