Just letting the Animals be Animals in Ferguson.....

TheLionWire

I've heard the term thug used before, and I suppose that because the rap culture has accepted it that blacks think the term is solely reserved for them. This is how I knew it growing up, and if you fast forward to the 2:21 mark the term is used in this movie trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqizD3oH60 . I've always thought it meant the same as the droogs in "A Clockwork Orange", those were thugs as well. Simply because some in black communities want to live the thug life, doesn't make it exclusive to all other races. Maybe that's what it means today for anyone in the under 30 crowd, but not to my generation.

I've used the term thug all my life ... it has nothing to do with race. There are thugs of all colors and races ...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mama and daddy said their son would never do or say anything bad

I heard an Idiot on the radio today refer to 6'6", 290lb. Michael Brown as a "child"... Go to Any " hood" in America & call someone of that size (& color) a child & see how that turns out for you...SMDH, the hypocrisy knows NO LIMIT!!!😡

I heard an Idiot on the radio today refer to 6'6", 290lb. Michael Brown as a "child"... Go to Any " hood" in America & call someone of that size (& color) a child & see how that turns out for you...SMDH, the hypocricy know NO LIMIT!!!

height and weight don't determine if you are a child or not. Age and mental capacity do.

I had a best friend in middle school who was 6'2 230 in the 7th grade. He was 12. Sir that is a child.

I knew a girl in 6th grade who could pass as 20 yrs old. Large breast, etc.... Well, thats a child.

and my cousin is 6'4 nearly 200 pounds. And he is over 30. BUT...he has a mental capacity of a 10 yr old.

by the way, Brown is 6'4 not 6'6.

height and weight don't determine if you are a child or not. Age and mental capacity do.

I had a best friend in middle school who was 6'2 230 in the 7th grade. He was 12. Sir that is a child.

I knew a girl in 6th grade who could pass as 20 yrs old. Large breast, etc.... Well, thats a child.

and my cousin is 6'4 nearly 200 pounds. And he is over 30. BUT...he has a mental capacity of a 10 yr old.

Well thanks for the height correction & Michael Brown was 18 years old , I have never heard anything about HIS mental capacity, from ANYONE; I Have heard that he robbed a cigar store & beat someone, including Officer Wilson. But None of THAT matters, Does it?

Lets cut out the references to Watermelon and bar b que guys. This is an indictment on their culture, not the color of their skin. Lots of black folks were sitting at their TV's with their mouths open and ashamed of what they were seeing. The drug and sex infested hip hop, lawless culture that has infused the black community is what has ruined it. Not the fact they are black.

so drugs and sex infested music is the culture of Black people? Because that seems to be what you are saying. Last I check, whites use drugs as the same rate as blacks, and sex infested music is in many genres of music, other than hiphop. By the way, do you know who are the main consumers of rap music......Hmmmm...lets just say, it ain't minorities.

Rioting is wrong, but rioting is not a "Black" thing. What do you call it when people set fire to buildings and cars over a win or loss in a sporting event. Happens all the time and those rioters are majority white.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603717/19-arrested-University-Minnesota-students-riot-second-time-week-Gophers-lose-hockey-final.html

And go to Europe and look at rioting in Spain....well, we know those folks are not black...they are White.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/31/world/europe/barcelona-spanish-evictions-lead-to-riots.html?_r=0

So what is the common denominator? Its either (A) People who feel oppressed (B) People who feel they the authority is doing something they are against © Stupid people who can't control their emotions (like those who riot because their team lost, or those who loot).

so drugs and sex infested music is the culture of Black people? Because that seems to be what you are saying. Last I check, whites use drugs as the same rate as blacks, and sex infested music is in many genres of music, other than hiphop. By the way, do you know who are the main consumers of rap music......Hmmmm...lets just say, it ain't minorities.

Rioting is wrong, but rioting is not a "Black" thing. What do you call it when people set fire to buildings and cars over a win or loss in a sporting event. Happens all the time and those rioters are majority white.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603717/19-arrested-University-Minnesota-students-riot-second-time-week-Gophers-lose-hockey-final.html

And go to Europe and look at rioting in Spain....well, we know those folks are black...they are White.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/31/world/europe/barcelona-spanish-evictions-lead-to-riots.html?_r=0

So what is the common denominator? Its either (A) People who feel oppressed (B) People who feel they the authority is doing something they are against © Stupid people who can't control their emotions (like those who riot because their team lost, or those who loot).

Never have gotten the sports riot thing. "Hey we won the World Series, now let's go burn the town!" How does that make sense?

Well thanks for the height correction & Michael Brown was 18 years old , I have never heard anything about HIS mental capacity, from ANYONE; I Have heard that he robbed a cigar store & beat someone, including Officer Wilson. But None of THAT matters, Does it?

Dude, I never said it didn't. I haven't said much about this case at all. I'm kinda in the middle on this case. I don't know what happen.

I just know, to say someone isn't a child because of how they look physically is absurd. With that said, 18 is technically an adult by law, But lets be honest, If, you are an older person like me, you would know that although an 18 yr old is legally an adult, a 18 yr old is NOT REALLY AND ADULT. Most 18 yr old can't take care of themselves, and have a very limited view of the world, because of inexperience.

I had my own apt, 2 jobs, and was a full time college student at 19. I was self sufficient. But in my opinion, I wasn't an adult. I was young and hardly knew anything. I actually look back, and I am amazed I was able to survive on my own. I made some very dumb and child like decisions at that age, and it was the grace of God that got me through. Go to a college campus, and you will see a bunch of 18-19 yr old's not acting like adults. Im not saying they are kids...but they aren't really adults either.

And go to Europe and look at rioting in Spain....well, we know those folks are black...they are White.

I pointed those out many years ago, to who now is referred to as the poster whose name can no longer be mentioned on SDC. They stated that whites never riot, and I called him on it. Of course I became known as the resident pot head of SDC because I disagreed with him.

In my opinion celebrating and protesting that leads to vandalism, theft, and destruction of property should not be tolerated nor condoned.

I pointed those out many years ago, to who now is referred to as the poster whose name can no longer be mentioned on SDC. They stated that whites never riot, and I called him on it. Of course I became known as the resident pot head of SDC because I disagreed with him.

In my opinion celebrating and protesting that leads to vandalism, theft, and destruction of property should not be tolerated nor condoned.

there are idiots of all races. Anyone who think otherwise is an idiot.

actually the news had Brown at 6'6" and Wilson is 6'4"

Dude, I never said it didn't. I haven't said much about this case at all. I'm kinda in the middle on this case. I don't know what happen.

I just know, to say someone isn't a child because of how they look physically is absurd. With that said, 18 is technically an adult by law, But lets be honest, If, you are an older person like me, you would know that although an 18 yr old is legally an adult, a 18 yr old is NOT REALLY AND ADULT. Most 18 yr old can't take care of themselves, and have a very limited view of the world, because of inexperience.

I had my own apt, 2 jobs, and was a full time college student at 19. I was self sufficient. But in my opinion, I wasn't an adult. I was young and hardly knew anything. I actually look back, and I am amazed I was able to survive on my own. I made some very dumb and child like decisions at that age, and it was the grace of God that got me through. Go to a college campus, and you will see a bunch of 18-19 yr old's not acting like adults. Im not saying they are kids...but they aren't really adults either.

By the time I was 19, I had a job, a Wife & one on the way; I have always had to work to provide for my family, there a few times in those early years that I drew unemployment, though never for more than a few weeks before I found other work. If someone really wants to work, they can always Find a job; not a job that they always dreamed of, but something to pay bills with until that " Good Job" comes along. The problem with people these days is, they all want to hire- in at the Top, without paying their dues!

Being young and stupid doesn't get you a free pass on committing crimes. The kid put the officer in a situation where he felt his life was in danger. Evidently, the grand jury agreed.

Being young and stupid doesn't get you a free pass on committing crimes. The kid put the officer in a situation where he felt his life was in danger. Evidently, the grand jury agreed.

it does in some cases, how many kids (under 18) are sent to Juvenile detention for short time, for crimes that would put an adult in jail for a longer sentence. Age does make a difference. But I understand your larger point with a 18 yr old, because that is a legal adult.

according to this autopsy report they have him at 6'5"

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370715-2014-5143-autopsy-report.html

6'4" or 6'6", it doesn't make any difference; go to the " hood" & walk up to a person with the exact same size& weight & address them as " child" , & see what kind of response you get... Care to tell us what You think the response might be, JT?

i'm just amazed watching the news and there's a man that's saying none of the blame should have been put on Brown. someone else asked him as a cop and you fear for your life you have the right to shoot them. his response was the cop should have got back in his car and drove away if he feared for his life. what a joke

It is my opinion that this member (Lion4everBulldog4now) should either be purged or a Ignore List be installed (as most forums have) so that incessant trolling can be discouraged.

What's so sad is that he's not trolling.......that's what he really believes........