LE vs Argyle

WiseGuy

LE is playing good ball and has been since the Pittsburg game. That game could have gone either way but LE did what they had to do to win. LE will do it again against a (maybe) more talented team. Come on LE.....win this one! Dubb, all bet aside, I really want LE to take this one.

Howdy to all you East Texas football junkies out there. Looks like Argyle finally gets a meeting with another East Texas "speed" team that they've never played. Don't worry....Argyle doesn't do anything special....except win!!! Our boys play hard-nosed, smart football and occasionally make mistakes just like every other team does. This team is relatively "young" with very few seniors as starters. Cooper Rodgers(QB,Sr.) is Coach Rodgers' son, but was the backup last season. Ralston(RB,Sr.)is committed to Arizona State and will enroll in the Spring. There's a couple of linemen starters that are seniors. The rest are juniors and sophs. The team is athletic and executes well. They are still a work in progress...believe it or not. Don't know much about LE, other than your history of good teams and speed. Guess I'll hafta to try to find some filmclips on your boyz, haha.

Howdy to all you East Texas football junkies out there. Looks like Argyle finally gets a meeting with another East Texas "speed" team that they've never played. Don't worry....Argyle doesn't do anything special....except win!!! Our boys play hard-nosed, smart football and occasionally make mistakes just like every other team does. This team is relatively "young" with very few seniors as starters. Cooper Rodgers(QB,Sr.) is Coach Rodgers' son, but was the backup last season. Ralston(RB,Sr.)is committed to Arizona State and will enroll in the Spring. There's a couple of linemen starters that are seniors. The rest are juniors and sophs. The team is athletic and executes well. They are still a work in progress...believe it or not. Don't know much about LE, other than your history of good teams and speed. Guess I'll hafta to try to find some filmclips on your boyz, haha.

Oh great. Someone else who will be eating crow. Lol

Regal, about time you made it. Looks like another outstanding year of Argyle football! Good luck next week, Argyle should take it fairly easy.

Just looking at some early filmclips and what has transpired since the first Paris game, I'd say the LE coaching staff did a good job bringing the talent along this season. I noticed LE has now won 8 games in a row....no easy task, esp. in the playoffs. Looks like #1, #5, and #8 are the main offensive weapons from what I've seen so far. I reckon some of the later gameclips would show more about how LE is really playing than those earlier ones. MaxPreps didn't have any season stats listed on your team website, though. Looks like in the past 7 games or so LE is averaging about 48 pts. per game....so the offense is consistently putting up the points. Don't expect many turnovers from Argyle though....the Eagles have ONE fumble the whole season. Rodgers has thrown a few interceptions, but usually will eat it or throw it away. Ralston has over 5000 career yards and has NEVER fumbled.

Regal, about time you made it. Looks like another outstanding year of Argyle football! Good luck next week, Argyle should take it fairly easy.

I don't think the Eagles know the definition of "fairly easy".....they just want to win, even if by only one point. The team will show up ready to rumble in Royce City....that I can guarantee.

Just looking at some early filmclips and what has transpired since the first Paris game, I'd say the LE coaching staff did a good job bringing the talent along this season. I noticed LE has now won 8 games in a row....no easy task, esp. in the playoffs. Looks like #1, #5, and #8 are the main offensive weapons from what I've seen so far. I reckon some of the later gameclips would show more about how LE is really playing than those earlier ones. MaxPreps didn't have any season stats listed on your team website, though. Looks like in the past 7 games or so LE is averaging about 48 pts. per game....so the offense is consistently putting up the points. Don't expect many turnovers from Argyle though....the Eagles have ONE fumble the whole season. Rodgers has thrown a few interceptions, but usually will eat it or throw it away. Ralston has over 5000 career yards and has NEVER fumbled.

👍👍👍👍👍

LE is playing good ball and has been since the Pittsburg game. That game could have gone either way but LE did what they had to do to win. LE will do it again against a (maybe) more talented team. Come on LE.....win this one! Dubb, all bet aside, I really want LE to take this one.

We are going to be alright, we have nothing to lose. KALE

That is very impressive.

No. 5 doesn't play offense. When he's healthy he plays linebacker

No. 5 doesn't play offense. When he's healthy he plays linebacker

Well...the first Paris gamefilm shows him carrying it, unless I saw the number wrong. Maybe it was another single digit, I dunno. It don't really matter though....the Argyle coaches will have the players clued in with recent gamefilm to study. What is written on this forum by fans comes to nothing compared to what really happens in the filmroom and the practice field. The scouting has been done, and now it's time to get prepared. If y'all have any questions you'd like to know about the Argyle team, just ask. There's nothing I can tell you that LE coaches don't already know. This forum exists mainly for the fans to discuss the pregame and postgame.

Here's a look at some of the Argyle offensive skill players for those that will be attending the game:

#10 Cooper Rodgers,Sr.QB(5-10,175) 133-216, 1954 yds. passing 7 interceptions in 13 games.

#22 Nick Ralston,Sr.RB(6-1,236) 265 carries for 2110 yds. rushing. Arizona State Commit.

#3 Drew Estrada,Jr.WR,(6-0,181) 53 receptions for 960 yds. Also kicker/punter.

#5 Gage McCook,Jr.SB,(5-9,165) 582 all-purpose yds.

#4 Hunter Markwardt,Sr.WR/FS (6-0,170) 375 all-purpose yds. Speed Merchant.

#25 JC Chalk,Jr.TE (6-4,222) 338 all-purpose yds. Clemson Commit.

#2 Dane Ledford,So.DB/WR (5-10,165) 375 all-purpose yds. Backup QB.

There are others that will handle the ball, but these are the main offensive weapons Argyle will use.

The offensive numbers break down to this thru 13 games:

Rushing = 240 yds/game

Passing = 160 yds/game

Points For = 663

Points Against = 285

Total offense = 400 yds/game

Average score = 51

Average Opponent Score = 22

The above stats include ALL 13 games, but do not reflect ONLY the playoff games. Let's look at those below:

BiDistrict Round: Lake Worth 70-7

Area Round: Kaufman 49-13

Regional Semi: Kennedale 52-48

Regional Final: Liberty Eylau ?????

By simple math you can see Argyle is averaging 53 pts/game in the playoffs while allowing 23.

Naturally, things tend to get a little bit dicier as you move up the ladder, LOL.

The biggest difference in what you've seen so far this year will be the Argyle offensive line ... have seen people matchup with Ralston on the edges, especially if you keep him from getting his shoulders turned north and south ... but if you're going to slow him down, you are going to have to stop the O-Line and their kick and roll scheme; once he gets his shoulders turned one-on-one tackles are rare ... defensive is a little above average, but no more, and they have been out-athleted in some games - however, the strength of their D is that they keep coming regardless of what they yield ... they're not fancy and their system gives you some angles to attack, but they play hard and at full speed ... there are some soft spots by alignment, but their system is more based on bend but don't break ... QB can get hot and be bothersome, especially if the timing routes are not disrupted ... fly sweep can be a big play if you tighten up the edges ... they are a cocky bunch ...

Like I said .....

I believe Ranchview QB only had 4 interceptions all year and LE picked off 4 of his passes in one game. LE defense had 4-5 takeaways Friday via strips and interceptions. They won't make it easy for the argyle qb to pass that's for sure.

How big is LE in the front 7? They look active but small. LE may not have to deal with the QB much, except for his handoffs.

LE is having a great season but I don't agree with some of the posters who believe they "have nothing to lose" because both two teams have their seasons on the line. If LE wants to win they're a going to have to win the battle up front against Argyle's big OL. Argyle is very discipline and makes very few mistakes. I see Argyle pulling away late!

Stats don't matter. Still have come out and play football just like LE does. Living in Denton with argyle being 10 mins away I've seen them play a few times. The key to this game will be discipline for LE. They can't have stupid penalties or turnovers.

LE has always been outweighed by teams for years but so athletic that they can play with anybody. 05 and 06 most teams were bigger and LE dominated (but that was also back when LE had some true horses lol).

I don't think Argyle can keep up with LE speed. They are not Paris trust me. Have way more athletes so don't think it's just another east Texas speed team.

If LE plays with good pursuit to the ball, play assignments, line up, and play smart they should be fine. Think it will come down to fundamentals for LE more than anything. KALE

Stats don't matter. Still have come out and play football just like LE does. Living in Denton with argyle being 10 mins away I've seen them play a few times. The key to this game will be discipline for LE. They can't have stupid penalties or turnovers.

LE has always been outweighed by teams for years but so athletic that they can play with anybody. 05 and 06 most teams were bigger and LE dominated (but that was also back when LE had some true horses lol).

I don't think Argyle can keep up with LE speed. They are not Paris trust me. Have way more athletes so don't think it's just another east Texas speed team.

If LE plays with good pursuit to the ball, play assignments, line up, and play smart they should be fine. Think it will come down to fundamentals for LE more than anything. KALE

Well the good thing is that LE haven't had a slew of penalties here lately not a lot of bonehead mistakes Ive talked to some coaches & parents from a few teams we have played and they have came away impressed with LE mostly saying this is one of the most well coached teams LE has had in a while.

I was at the Paris game Friday and they played very well the 2nd half completely dominating the game. Now you're in the 4th round which means you're gonna play a lot of good TEAMS. Not just individuals. One thing I do agree with is that ARgyle is very discipline and don't beat themselves.

Scary thing about LE is they actually looked very good the 2nd half and if they can put it together a whole game they should be fine. Argyle is very beatable!

Y'all can always go to MaxPreps/Argyle to take a look at the team roster. The sizes of some of the starting linemen will listed on the "secondary" or back team roster page. It has lots of information about the schedule, box scores, team stats, filmclips, and more for your perusal. I always like to check out Argyle's next opponent just so I can be somewhat familiar with that team's main players and the offense they run. I like to see who they've played and some of the stats they've put up, and view some of their filmclips. It just makes the game a little "bigger" for me cuz now I know something about that team.

I was at the Paris game Friday and they played very well the 2nd half completely dominating the game. Now you're in the 4th round which means you're gonna play a lot of good TEAMS. Not just individuals. One thing I do agree with is that ARgyle is very discipline and don't beat themselves.

Scary thing about LE is they actually looked very good the 2nd half and if they can put it together a whole game they should be fine. Argyle is very beatable!

I agree and the really Good thing is a slew of them are juniors and sophomores

Y'all can always go to MaxPreps/Argyle to take a look at the team roster. The sizes of some of the starting linemen will listed on the "secondary" or back team roster page. It has lots of information about the schedule, box scores, team stats, filmclips, and more for your perusal. I always like to check out Argyle's next opponent just so I can be somewhat familiar with that team's main players and the offense they run. I like to see who they've played and some of the stats they've put up, and view some of their filmclips. It just makes the game a little "bigger" for me cuz now I know something about that team.

Looked at that early this year lol we knew Argyle was supposed to run the Table