Gilmer vs Atlanta

youngbuck

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musgrove is impressive. Very good player. But you gotta remember Gilmer has 2 insanely good players on offense and defense both. Boyd and Lynch are the deal deal! Just don't think Atlanta can keep up. Gladewater pounded Gilmer. That's the only way to beat them. Pound them and hold the ball. Atlanta can't do that. They are not a power run Team. I have seen both play. Gilmer is an offensive juggernaut.

Gilmer 52 Atlanta 28 The O line and D line of Atlanta are very small, but fast as jack Rabbits. Just will not be able to beat Gilmer's run and gun. The only way Gilmer could get beat is with a big O line that can control the line of scrimmage.

If you have to run with them, they will hang half a hundred by half time.

Only one team since 2003 has beaten Gilmer WITHOUT a "Ball Control Offense"... that was Canton in 2005, (who won the turnover battle and won in a last-second shoot-out). Everyone else who has handled the Buckeyes has done it by keeping the ball away from them, keeping the clock running and have still had some other things go right (< +2 turnovers, etc.)

Once you get to this level in the playoffs, the formulas get pretty simple. Gladewater is the kind of team that matches up well with Gilmer. There are also a few teams in D1 4A Teams I think would give Gilmer trouble...and they are "Ball Control" teams as well. But when you look at the rest of the bracket in 4A D2, the teams left will have a VERY difficult time containing the Buckeye offense precisely because they are not necessarily designed for "Ground & Pound".

Of course, (as Gladewater proved last Friday night)teams still have to go out and play well, execute, take care of the football, etc. etc. to win it all. And Gilmer is no exception. Nobody "Gives" you a SC Ring! But when you looked at the potential tournament match-ups when the playoffs started, trust me when I say the BUX are now very happy that the orange and black storm (wearing #34) that could have grounded their high flying offense is now in their rear-view mirror, and the skies ahead look promising!

Gilmer is beatable. They've been great for more than a decade, but only won a couple of state titles. Any team left is beatable. If Atlanta has no turnover, no big penalties and Gilmer loses three fumbles and has three passes intercepted, Atlanta wins. If not, Gilmer wins by 2-3 TDs.

Game will be live on KPYN 900am 95.5fm or with the tunein radio app just search KPYN or at KPYN.net live pregame show from the front gate on Atlanta side of lobo stadium will begin at 5pm. Kickoff at 7pm and post game show after all on KPYN your home for Atlanta Rabbits athletics.

I look for Gilmer to be more poised and crisp on offense against Atlanta. At least that's what I'm hoping. I do think Atlanta is one of those teams that is good enough to beat you if you don't play your best. Gladewater was one of those teams that exposed some of our weaknesses, and made us have to gut out a win. The only thing that matters at this point of the season is to win the next one, and that just happens to be Atlanta. No other team out there matters at this point to us except Atlanta. Our complete focus has to be on the Rabbits this week, and let the chips fall where they may. It's WIN OR GO HOME in the playoffs. There is absolutely no need to even think about any "potential" opponents.

I look for Gilmer to be more poised and crisp on offense against Atlanta. At least that's what I'm hoping. I do think Atlanta is one of those teams that is good enough to beat you if you don't play your best. Gladewater was one of those teams that exposed some of our weaknesses, and made us have to gut out a win. The only thing that matters at this point of the season is to win the next one, and that just happens to be Atlanta. No other team out there matters at this point to us except Atlanta. Our complete focus has to be on the Rabbits this week, and let the chips fall where they may. It's WIN OR GO HOME in the playoffs. There is absolutely no need to even think about any "potential" opponents.

Agree 100%. 4 Rounds Deep in the playoffs, any team that does not play their best does not really deserve to advance. As I said before in a previous post, handing out SC Rings is not a democratic process. There is no voting here. No committee is going to read your roster, see the size, speed or talent levels and say "WOW! We voted and you won. Here's your ring!" Whoever walks away with the title will have to beat the team in front of them until only one team remains. Doing that is going to require playing the best football that championship team can play. Here's hoping our BUX do exactly that from here on in! I know that's what I keep buying tickets to see.

Gilmer 52 Atlanta 28 The O line and D line of Atlanta are very small, but fast as jack Rabbits. Just will not be able to beat Gilmer's run and gun. The only way Gilmer could get beat is with a big O line that can control the line of scrimmage.

what lines are you watching?

Only one team since 2003 has beaten Gilmer WITHOUT a "Ball Control Offense"... that was Canton in 2005, (who won the turnover battle and won in a last-second shoot-out). Everyone else who has handled the Buckeyes has done it by keeping the ball away from them, keeping the clock running and have still had some other things go right (< +2 turnovers, etc.)

Once you get to this level in the playoffs, the formulas get pretty simple. Gladewater is the kind of team that matches up well with Gilmer. There are also a few teams in D1 4A Teams I think would give Gilmer trouble...and they are "Ball Control" teams as well. But when you look at the rest of the bracket in 4A D2, the teams left will have a VERY difficult time containing the Buckeye offense precisely because they are not necessarily designed for "Ground & Pound".

Of course, (as Gladewater proved last Friday night)teams still have to go out and play well, execute, take care of the football, etc. etc. to win it all. And Gilmer is no exception. Nobody "Gives" you a SC Ring! But when you looked at the potential tournament match-ups when the playoffs started, trust me when I say the BUX are now very happy that the orange and black storm (wearing #34) that could have grounded their high flying offense is now in their rear-view mirror, and the skies ahead look promising!

Just a footnote...Canton 2005 Quarterback was GJ Kinney...moved to Gilmer for 2006 as QB & with the Eagles...2014 Buckeye is McLane Carter, brother of GJ

Atlanta's D line doesn't have Mack but they won't take off three plays and play one like gladewater's Dline. They will go hard every play. Atlanta will make some plays and so will Gilmer. Least mistakes wins. Of course Traylor will cry with 7 other coaches at te numbers all night to get every hold to their sideline. Can't dispute it either saw it all night against gladewater.

Atlanta's D line doesn't have Mack but they won't take off three plays and play one like gladewater's Dline. They will go hard every play. Atlanta will make some plays and so will Gilmer. Least mistakes wins. Of course Traylor will cry with 7 other coaches at te numbers all night to get every hold to their sideline. Can't dispute it either saw it all night against gladewater.

Huh? Take off three plays? You were obviously not at that game!

You are a brave man to be predicting a score.

You say u been run over by horses ?

There not many poster's from Atlanta. So you Gilmer guys are prolly gonna have to keep this thread going.

I think gilmers skilled position players will be to much for Atlanta, and yall can throw it all over them. Contain there QB and Gilmer win with ease, if he runs wild it could be a good game

Interesting thought here. A few of the coaches for Atlanta are from Linden-Kildare, and a few of the players are from Daddy's that played for L-K back when L-K used to thump Gilmer year after year. Remember the 80's and early 90's when Gilmer would try every few years and it was the same results. Sorry just threw that in for fun! Remember this Gilmer your mascot is a poison nut. There has to be some bad Karma in that. Hope all that mojo don't get wore out! Got to go with the Rabbits lucky foot in this one.

It seemed to me Gilmer dropped/missed lots of open passes Friday night! Also I noticed Lynch wasn't involved as much in offense as he was when I seen Gilmer play earlier in year! Both teams will have speed but if Gilmer catches the ball better and gets Lynch more involved the should win by 28, if they don't do those things I see it closer to 14 point win! Musgrove, is quick on his feet and he will need to make some big plays for Atlanta to win! Atlanta will also need to win the turnover battle. IMO Gilmer has more depth, as in less kids having to play both ways!