Waskom vs Gunter

Wild74

Waskom 12-1 vs Gunter 12-1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

It's good to see another Cisco fan on here. It'll truly be an honor for Cisco to play either one of these Region 2 teams if we can get by Sonora. If so it will be a much much closer game than the semi final last year.

I would definitely hope so...you didn't even break a sweat in that one.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see another Cisco fan on here. It'll truly be an honor for Cisco to play either one of these Region 2 teams if we can get by Sonora. If so it will be a much much closer game than the semi final last year.

Good luck vs Sonora. Was really looking forward to seeing you guys last year. Glad to see you guys put it on "Herrings Hacks" last season, congratulations. Hopefully we'll enjoy a "date" next week!! ;)

I tried to comment on this site back when we played Daingerfield for State Championship. Their fans are at a whole other level, dedicated and intense. If you did not talk trash you needed to stay away. Our team this year is pretty solid and a good group of young men. Offense is probably 10-14 points worse than last year, but our defense seems stronger this year though I have not compared stats from last year. My favorite quote from a Refugio fan last year when discussing quarterback kneeling at end of game....."Around here if you want to see kneeling go to church!" That was hilarious and very accurate for the Refugio coaching philosophy.

Gunter is ranked much higher in the polls than Waskom which makes Waskom the underdogs.......I like that roll for Waskom and hopefully they will prove the poll is flawed.......gonna be a good one.........Go Cats!!!

Tomcat, I think we both know Waskom isn't the underdog in this game lol. In fact, I believe this game to be a coin toss, that's how evenly matched I believe these two teams are. Should be an all out war for 48 minutes.

I tried to comment on this site back when we played Daingerfield for State Championship. Their fans are at a whole other level, dedicated and intense. If you did not talk trash you needed to stay away. Our team this year is pretty solid and a good group of young men. Offense is probably 10-14 points worse than last year, but our defense seems stronger this year though I have not compared stats from last year. My favorite quote from a Refugio fan last year when discussing quarterback kneeling at end of game....."Around here if you want to see kneeling go to church!" That was hilarious and very accurate for the Refugio coaching philosophy.

But it was the right thing to do even though I wished ya'll would have taken it on in and called timeout to do it just for a little rub.... :) I realize West is not that way though. I watch the youtube video of that game just to watch Reed take the ball almost a 100 yards untouched.

I was in the stands thinking the same thing but that would not have been Coach West.

Reed red shirted at Tech this year and is packing on some muscle. Maybe close to 15 pounds so far. Tech told him they would get his weight up and work on his speed. Planning to go see him play in the spring game next year in Lubbock.

Gunter is going to have their hands full this game. I think there head coach is overrated and has had alot of really good players to work with. They have a new young coach that played for Gunter win they lost to Cisco back in 07, but i do not think he is ready for a game of this magnitude. I am a gunter fan, but they are just not good enough to win this game.

Gunter is going to have their hands full this game. I think there head coach is overrated and has had alot of really good players to work with. They have a new young coach that played for Gunter win they lost to Cisco back in 07, but i do not think he is ready for a game of this magnitude. I am a gunter fan, but they are just not good enough to win this game.

hmmmm.... That's a hell of a first post.

+1 GB18

I'm hoping for great weather and a great game from two great teams.......but......based on the rankings we should be the underdogs......js

City slickers vs Country boys

Maybe HS88 will come and bring some of those famous corndogs from up there.......yum

GTpride98----haha that's plum funny and makes me wanna ask "who tied your shoes this morning"........

It is great to be playing football in December! Traditional holiday decorating colors of red, green, and of course black and gold! I have my tattered Lobo flag flying sticking out from Christmas wreath, got to keep that lucky flag up! Exciting times for all the communities and school kids. As always, hoping for all to have safe travels and players be injury free this weekend throughout the state.

+1 GB18

I'm hoping for great weather and a great game from two great teams.......but......based on the rankings we should be the underdogs......js

City slickers vs Country boys

Maybe HS88 will come and bring some of those famous corndogs from up there.......yum

GTpride98----haha that's plum funny and makes me wanna ask "who tied your shoes this morning"........

I wore boots this morning, so i didn't have to worry about that. There is no way that gunter is going to win this game, I hope its a good one but i see them putting 60 points on the board.

This fan is not from Gunter unless he is one of those back in 1998 that quit on the team or was kicked off the team, I forget. Feiszel nor Roger Reed before him put up with ANY form of trouble from the players and booted good players for the right reasons. I think kids have learned there is zero tolerance and it has not happened of late.

If you think Coach Fieszel is overrated you should look at his record over the 11 years or so with differing levels of talent. 16 straight playoff seasons and 11 of those were his (we was a defensive assistant on the Gunter staff for those other years).

Gunter is the underdog in this game. Look at all the voters on the poll at the top of this thead. Based on this board Gunter has no chance.

Would love to see Cisco again. Pulled for them at Jerry World twice and I know they would be a tough nut to crack.

Overrated head coach, huh? I'll comment on this by saying if you are from Gunter, or hell, anywhere else, you're a dumb***. I'll be the first to admit that Coach Fieszel has had his fair share of talent at Gunter, but what about the years of 2010 and 2011 when Gunter had very little talent? How far did they play into the playoffs those years? Oh yeah, they were in the Regional Final both of those years. He and his coaching staff have done a tremendous job not only this year, but every year since he's been here. One of the sole reasons Gunter is recognized as an extremely tough team that plays very physical is predicated upon the fact Coach Fieszel and his staff are great at what they do, and that's a good reason why this team is playing in its 3rd Region Final in the last 5 years. Really #### me off that if you are from Gunter you'd actually have the gall to come on here and utter such BS.

What do you expect the poll on here to show.......Waskom posters are 3 or 4 to 1 to Gunter's posters.......gzzzzz

You city slickers trying to pull a good one on us country boys.......just look at the rankings TB86 posted in an earlier post and see........

Looks to me like Waskom is the underdog for the game........

GTpride98----who pulled them boots on for you then.....

This fan is not from Gunter unless he is one of those back in 1998 that quit on the team or was kicked off the team, I forget. Feiszel nor Roger Reed before him put up with ANY form of trouble from the players and booted good players for the right reasons. I think kids have learned there is zero tolerance and it has not happened of late.

If you think Coach Fieszel is overrated you should look at his record over the 11 years or so with differing levels of talent. 16 straight playoff seasons and 11 of those were his (we was a defensive assistant on the Gunter staff for those other years).

Gunter is the underdog in this game. Look at all the voters on the poll at the top of this thead. Based on this board Gunter has no chance.

Would love to see Cisco again. Pulled for them at Jerry World twice and I know they would be a tough nut to crack.

Thats just on this board on the other boards Gunter is picked.

Overrated head coach, huh? I'll comment on this by saying if you are from Gunter, or hell, anywhere else, you're a dumb***. I'll be the first to admit that Coach Fieszel has had his fair share of talent at Gunter, but what about the years of 2010 and 2011 when Gunter had very little talent? How far did they play into the playoffs those years? Oh yeah, they were in the Regional Final both of those years. He and his coaching staff have done a tremendous job not only this year, but every year since he's been here. One of the sole reasons Gunter is recognized as an extremely tough team that plays very physical is predicated upon the fact Coach Fieszel and his staff are great at what they do, and that's a good reason why this team is playing in its 3rd Region Final in the last 5 years. Really #### me off that if you are from Gunter you'd actually have the gall to come on here and utter such BS.

No talent in 2010 or 2011, really?? There is a reason that Gunter made it that far and it was not coaching. When he became head coach he had one of the best teams Gunter has had, I guess Phil Jackson is the greastest NBA coach ever and Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant had nothing to do with it. Maybe your crush on the coaches is making it hard for you to understand my point.

It always amazes me how many people try to run off a coach that has instilled a successful program. Don't they know what is out there and how low they can go with the new better coach! That does not happen here in Cisco,we know what we have and support him no matter the record. A good coach that has installed a system from junior high through high school should be honored, especially one that has stuck around for that many years. The system is what keeps a team competitive on the years when there is less talent. Crazy fans always thinking there is something better.....unless you are looking for more time to practice and play basketball stick with the proven winner!

Gunter has my respect and without seeing either team but from what I have read it is a coin toss as to who wins. If we get by Sonora we will be happy to play either team, but big and physical is not in our wheelhouse.

What do you expect the poll on here to show.......Waskom posters are 3 or 4 to 1 to Gunter's posters.......gzzzzz

You city slickers trying to pull a good one on us country boys.......just look at the rankings TB86 posted in an earlier post and see........

Looks to me like Waskom is the underdog for the game........

GTpride98----who pulled them boots on for you then.....

Wouldnt you like to know.

Gunter and Waskom both have good coaches or they wouldn't be here. I know talent has a lot to do with state runs but you need to know how to use that talent I also have seen Waskom waste a lot of talent in the past as we wallowed in the trash bend of last place year end and year out waiting for basketball season to start. These set of Waskom coaches didn't waste that talent....:)

No talent in 2010 or 2011, really?? There is a reason that Gunter made it that far and it was not coaching. When he became head coach he had one of the best teams Gunter has had, I guess Phil Jackson is the greastest NBA coach ever and Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant had nothing to do with it. Maybe your crush on the coaches is making it hard for you to understand my point.

Or maybe you are just aren't very keen about the game of football, and don't realize without him as the coach in 10 and 11, those teams weren't playing in the Regional Final, I can promise you that much. And you're really gonna compare high school football to the NBA? That pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for your level or stupidity, or should I say blindness in reference to the fact you can't recognize an outstanding job of coaching when you see it.

I have only seen Cisco vs. Wall film this year. It appeared Wall was pretty successful with their offense which is the same as what Waskom runs. I thought the fake punt attempt from inside the Wall 20 in the first half, was a game changer. just my observation.