Bill to be filed on Playoffs (Now Various Scriptural Topics)

Coach0001

I'd like to see some of that evidence.....all I see is the opinion of a bunch of liberal dimocrat supporters without much substance to back it up at all......

Well I can't show you any evidence per say. All I know is that education is a lot different now a days than what it was when I first started and not for the better. I have children of my own and it scares me to death.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can't show you any evidence per say. All I know is that education is a lot different now a days than what it was when I first started and not for the better. I have children of my own and it scares me to death.

Yes it is very different.....and definitely not for the better.....however, where blame should be placed for that is not so crystal clear....... :)

I like how Colmesneilfan refers to anyone who doesn't agree with him as liberal. That's hilarious. Building that wall idea is a liberal policy huh?

You come on here defending liberal talking points, you're going to get called a liberal........building that wall has nothing to do with your accusations against republicans on public education......

Regardless of whether a person is a democrat or GOP ...( C'mon the name calling is pretty childish) there can be little doubt that the Texas GOP is pretty subservient to the private and charter school lobby and also serves the interests of corporate testing giants like Pearson. Every state wide GOP candidate came out defending the 5.4 billion in cuts to public education despite the Supreme Court ruling that is was unconstitutional and the equity lawsuit that Lufkin , Nac , Longview and just about every other small east Texas district is part of. It was also Dallas area GOP leaders that were and still are fighting to let tapps school into uil playoffs

Voted for Wendy Davis

Regardless of whether a person is a democrat or GOP ...( C'mon the name calling is pretty childish) there can be little doubt that the Texas GOP is pretty subservient to the private and charter school lobby and also serves the interests of corporate testing giants like Pearson. Every state wide GOP candidate came out defending the 5.4 billion in cuts to public education despite the Supreme Court ruling that is was unconstitutional and the equity lawsuit that Lufkin , Nac , Longview and just about every other small east Texas district is part of. It was also Dallas area GOP leaders that were and still are fighting to let tapps school into uil playoffsVoted for Wendy Davis

The Texas gop has done no more harm to public education than the dims.......you are proud to have supported abortion Wendy?????

Your are wrong on the assertion that the GOP doesn't have the best interests of public education in its plans. They vocally advocate privatization if education and continue paying Pearson and other corporate entities $90,000,000 per year in testing policy. I suppose your reference to Wendy Davis as "abortion this or that" means you let that one issue be your litmus test ... which is your right. Sen. Davis gained attention for her 2011 filibuster to fight against the 5.4 billion in cuts to public education ... that disproportionally hurt small rural Texas districts like colmiesniel and dozens of others. I proudly supported Wendy Davis

Your are wrong on the assertion that the GOP doesn't have the best interests of public education in its plans. They vocally advocate privatization if education and continue paying Pearson and other corporate entities $90,000,000 per year in testing policy. I suppose your reference to Wendy Davis as "abortion this or that" means you let that one issue be your litmus test ... which is your right. Sen. Davis gained attention for her 2011 filibuster to fight against the 5.4 billion in cuts to public education ... that disproportionally hurt small rural Texas districts like colmiesniel and dozens of others. I proudly supported Wendy Davis

That's strange. Everything I heard on her from the mainstream media was on her baby-killer filibuster. As far as cuts to education, considering how much corruption and wasted tax dollars there is in public education, maybe some cuts are needed.

5.4 billion in cuts while not holding 1 dollar away from Pearson nor holding private and charter schools to the same standards? Increasing the teacher to student ratio beyond constitutional mandates? Having 100's of teachers laid off while the student population increases 50,000 annually? Texas having one of the lowest pay scales in the nation? One of the most inequitable school funding policies in the nation? ( unless of course you are slc or highland park then you probably like it) Sen. Davis' pro choice did make notoriety for her, but I try not to let one issue be a litmus test ... which is a persons choice. I'd be interested in your information regarding billions being wasted in corruption and waste ... it sure isn't going to teachers or the classroom