Newton and Blanco

Eagles2014

Newton vs. Blanco  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner!!!

Teams that make final 4 are awesome period. Gunna be fun talking smack all week but afters games are over will be nothing but respect...but till then...Blanco by 10...lol

Teams that make final 4 are awesome period. Gunna be fun talking smack all week but afters games are over will be nothing but respect...but till then...Blanco by 10...lol

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Well I thought Blanco might have a shot, but then the GoBlanco guy shares all their game films and the MLB highlight reels. As if Newtom didn't already have enough advantages in the game. Maybe he's really from Newton Lol.

Stuff is all youtube / public domain, and coaches share scout films anyhow; so, Newton's players get to see some of our games. I got to see lots of good stuff on Newton. Nobody's in the dark here.. except FANS. And I just showed some light. it's all good. Don't be so paranoid.

Stuff is all youtube / public domain, and coaches share scout films anyhow; so, Newton's players get to see some of our games. I got to see lots of good stuff on Newton. Nobody's in the dark here.. except FANS. And I just showed some light. it's all good. Don't be so paranoid.

It's amazing how much game film coaches share with each other on a weekly basis. Personally I think it's a great thing for the game. It really benefits a team that has smart X and O coaches because it allows them to put their athletes in the best position to be sucessl. Thanks Hudl! I wish one of the Semi Final game would have been on Thursday. I would have enjoyed going to watch you guys play. Good luck to you guys!

They said the same thing about Gunter. If Waskom loses I am proud they made it this far. If they win I promise they won't be intimidated by whomever they face at Jerry's World.

No disrespect at all. It is a huge success to make the 5th round in Texas football. This thing is faaaarrrr from being over. Good luck waskom

Newton has it all. They have speed, coaching, tradition, and ball control. Not to mention the fact those boys will strike you. Last time I saw Blanco this deep was 05. They made a quiet exit in the semis. I expect the same this year.

Newton has always had talent and has always had the potential to beat anyone in the state. But in the past few years they have choked in playoff games with turnovers and uncharacteristic play. But this year I think that this senior class has figured out how to win December games and will bring home the SC.

Actually Blanco was also in the semi-finals in 08', lost to state champion Dangerfield. They are just if not more playoff experienced as Newton, and their coach is brilliant at stopping the run. Blanco has the #1 defense in the state for rush yards and points allowed. And not just 3A, I mean all classifications. Regardless of schedule, that does say something. And they have faced several D1 scholarship QB's this year, along with RB's that were 4.5 speed. I think their #17 MLB is the best overall I've seen this year. Nobody intimidates them, they will hit until the end.

Newton has it all. They have speed, coaching, tradition, and ball control. Not to mention the fact those boys will strike you. Last time I saw Blanco this deep was 05. They made a quite exit in the semis. I expect the same this year.

yeah, I remember that game vs OPP. Blanco's 270-lb featured FB went down on first play from scrimmage. Took the wind out of Blanco's sails. Key injuries can bring a team together or demoralize. Depends on depth. It was evident on that day which occurred.

This is posted on texas2afootball...

How powerful East Texas Speed is...

2011 Div 1 Winner Region III Melissa, Div II winner Region IV Refugio

2012 Div 1 Winner Region IV Cameron Yoe, Div II Winner Region IV East Bernard

2013 Div 1 Winner Region IV Cameron Yoe, Div II Winner Region 1 Cisco

Totals out of 6 games...Region 3 (1 win), Region 1 (1 win), Region 2 (o wins), Region IV (4 wins)...

Now you East Texas people quit scaring everyone else with all your speed...

Totals out of 6 games...Region 3 (1 win), Region 1 (1 win), Region 2 (o wins), Region IV (4 wins)...

SIX whole games huh.

You could also venture to say that Cameron Yoe is one of those teams who bounces back and forth between III and IV so technically they were in Region IV those years but they are Region III a bunch just so happen they were in Region IV those years. They could win it this year out of Region III so what is your point?

Actually Blanco was also in the semi-finals in 08', lost to state champion Dangerfield. They are just if not more playoff experienced as Newton, and their coach is brilliant at stopping the run. Blanco has the #1 defense in the state for rush yards and points allowed. And not just 3A, I mean all classifications. Regardless of schedule, that does say something. And they have faced several D1 scholarship QB's this year, along with RB's that were 4.5 speed. I think their #17 MLB is the best overall I've seen this year. Nobody intimidates them, they will hit until the end.

they have not seen anything like Newton. I don't care what they've seen. Newton is a different animal

So besides Cameron Yoe was the speed not there the last few years??? Where were all the other wins wuth all this speed

My point is if Cameron was in Region III those years like they usually are then Region III would of had 3 state titles in those few years instead of Region IV having 4 they would of had 1

Oops...I accidentally gave Region III too much credit...Melissa was in Region 2...So region 3 has won 0 titles in 11,12,13...Let's just take Cameron Yoe out for both of us...that leaves Region IV with 2 titles and region 3 with 0, zilch...nada...There are some classy posters on here an other boards...I just mean this for the ones that say region IV can't handle the region III speed...guess region III just got fast this year...my bad...

Panther, your quote on page 2 about Newton's coach "must be a junior high coach or something" is the stupidest post I've ever seen. They are running the same system that they've won 3 titles with and also a state appearance. 500 yds is 500 yds no matter how its done. Why throw if you can run. I'll take a 500 yd rushing game any day. SMH . You must be a Pop Warner dad coach........ or something.