The Trade For Rondo

Baron

There goes the neighborhood...

Good short term move to help them win now. Not sure if it gets them over the hump, but it will definitely get them close.

That said, the loss of young players plus the draft picks will hurt in the future. Especially the day that Dirk decides to hang them up (Not as far away as many think)...

Good trade. The bench isnt as good now but you do have a guy that you can build around when Dirk hangs them up. Rondo,Ellis, Parsons, Dirk and Nowitzki- man thats SEGA good.

The bench is still Devin Harris, JJ Barea, Al-Aminu Fariq, Greg Smith.

I hate losing Wright for his energy, efficiency and enthusiasm.

However Point Guard play was dead last in points, 28th in assists and dead last in points according to ESPN.

There goes the neighborhood...

Good short term move to help them win now. Not sure if it gets them over the hump, but it will definitely get them close.

That said, the loss of young players plus the draft picks will hurt in the future. Especially the day that Dirk decides to hang them up (Not as far away as many think)...

What???? :blink:

I didnt realize till last night just how fast that backcourt of Ellis & Rondo is. Wow!

Knucklehead report- Been seeing Josh Smith and Jermaine O'Neal names thrown around. I'm not sure what Jermaine has left in the tank physically. Could Smith fit in?

Good luck to Houston with that.

As I said, Smith and his 24% shooting from behind the arc, 39% from the field, and 48% from the free throw line can find another home...

Unfortunately Smith and Howard are extremely close, going back to their AAU days. That seems to be the driving force here, because surely Dork Elvis is smarter than this...

On the other side, I really like the move to add Corey Brewer. A strong defensive player that can give Ariza a breather.