Who or Can Anyone Dethrone Cameron

player73

I see a 4 peat coming from Yoe next season. They're losing Nickerson and Sims on offense but they're still returning a lot of their starters on both sides of the ball, especially on offense with Traion Smith at RB and Sicorry Smith at WR. I don't see why not as long as Rhoades is at the helm. Remember that this season was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" for them

Teague will be better as a team next year...defensively they will be something to see. Offensively may be a new scheme BC Skinner will be gone but team speed on offense and the entire offensive line coming back will probably be the only team to have a chance just like this year. With that being said its gonna be tough and I don't see it yet!

Truthfully, Reid came on strong end of the year. He had THREE picks all season, all in the first 3 games of the year. Thing is, most pegged #10 to be the qb this year. He beat Whitney and then lost by 7 to Refugio. As a sophomore. In those two games, he had over 500 yards. He probably isn't as mobile as Reid, but is gonna harken back to Jack Rhoades and Kopriva, with regards to accuracy. He (jacob) will be qb the next two seasons. I expect Siccory to try to fill the shoes of Sims as Mr Excitement. Then factor Dede Westbrook's lil brother as a sophomore next year, I imagine he makes his mark at receiver. On the flip side, the 3 beasts on d line, Adams (jr), Valdez and Luna (both soph) will return to wreak havoc, along with a host of others on defense. Unlike this year's team, expectations will be through the roof, next season. They should start as #1 and be the favorites to win again. Should roll through district. Rockdale loses a lot. Pre district opener against Connally will be fun, but the games against Lexington, China Spring, Whitney and Refugio shouldn't be close.

In recent years, we've seen 2 schools 3-peat at this level. I'm not including Lake Travis, because I think it's much harder to do at the smaller school level. If Yoe pulls off the 4-peat, it will be very impressive. As young as they are, they seem to have a good foundation. Keeping their kids healthy will be a key.

JMO, Cameron will be a beast no doubt but the question is can anyone beat them. Teague led the Yoe in the. 4th quarter before Yoe cameback to win. This was the closest any team came to them in the playoffs.The last Harris poll came out a few days ago and it had Cameron #1 and Teague #2. Teague will return 6 and 8 next year with nearly all our lineman coming back. Not saying Teague will but I think they can put theirselves in position to get a chance again at the Champs. Merry Christmas to all the Smoaky posters.

Expectations will be high returning 17 starters. Hopefully they can keep their eye on their goals and not let a bunch of rankings dictate how they feel about themselves. I expect the chances at a 4peat to be high, but anything can happen on any given night in High School football. Lots of factors will go into it happening.