Who or Can Anyone Dethrone Cameron

player73

I know most all the Mexia players and with no disrespect it won't even be close. Teague will have a SEC type defense and a bunch of home run hitters on offense.

You're nearing JJ Speed's homer title. Hey man, that's fine with me, just admit you pick every Teague game with rose colored glasses on and that no football knowledge is used in your evaluation of the game. I think it's awesome you love and support the program that much. More towns need fans like you.

You're nearing JJ Speed's homer title. Hey man, that's fine with me, just admit you pick every Teague game with rose colored glasses on and that no football knowledge is used in your evaluation of the game. I think it's awesome you love and support the program that much. More towns need fans like you.

I do think Teague will win every game but I do know a little something about football as well. I know this coming year Teague will have a stifling hard hitting DEFENSE. I am truly a Teague Lion fan.

We been over and over this Teague thing since finney. Teague is the most athletic, best coached football team ever and yet cant seem to produce the results that proclaimed talent and coaching ability brags about. You guys gave up 42 to Kountze, which would be good if yall had played them in basketball, so lets just cool the jets on that defance you talking about playing.

I'll remind you this time next year. Sims cannot be replaced, but the upcoming qb will be on par with Reid. In the two games he had to start for Nickerson, he had well over 500 yards, that was against Whitney and Refugio. Qb spot is the least of our worries. I look to Siccory to be the explosive player that Sims was, and Westbrook will compliment.

You mean 500yds combined in the 2 games? I watched the Yoe-Refugio game. The final score doesn't tell the true story of that game, IMO. Refugio out-gained Yoe: 601 to 306, and that was with Refugio having 120yds in penalties that night. Also, Refugio was really young this year (like Yoe) and they only lose 3 starters on O & D. One could say that they have the potential to possibly be better next year. Not saying they will be, but I'm definitely looking forward to that game in Milam County next year!!! It's gon' be good.

giving to much credit here....

You mean 500yds combined in the 2 games? I watched the Yoe-Refugio game. The final score doesn't tell the true story of that game, IMO. Refugio out-gained Yoe: 601 to 306, and that was with Refugio having 120yds in penalties that night. Also, Refugio was really young this year (like Yoe) and they only lose 3 starters on O & D. One could say that they have the potential to possibly be better next year. Not saying they will be, but I'm definitely looking forward to that game in Milam County next year!!! It's gon' be good.

But also keep in mind that game was early in the season and Cameron began 2-4. If the Cameron team that was playing in the playoffs played the Cameron team that played earlier in the season, it would be a blowout. With that said, you have to give the coaching staff credit for getting a young team to continually progress throughout district and into the playoffs.

Now, I'm not saying Refugio or anyone else doesn't get better, because they very well could have. This match-up is great for high school football in Texas. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cameron/Daingerfield or Cameron/Newton neutral game next realignment.

• 6 months later...

Supposedly, Yoe is moving a number of players up to varsity from last year's freshman team, which was pretty darn good. The thing you have to understand about Cameron is that, in the best high school football state in the union, it is a (generally unheralded) standout as far as tradition. I can't remember the last season in which the coaching staff didn't include at least one former player. Losing is NOT tolerated.