East Texas > SE Texas

Eagleborn

There are some who divide it up into very small areas.

Hard not to because of the metro areas. You hear about HOU and DFW but usually people include AUS & SA as Being Centex or Hill Country. Most people include NE in ET if the school isn't too close to DFW. Everyone has their own opinion about geographical representation. The way I see it there is W, S, Hou, Centex, E, and DFW and Coastal Bend.

This is a good year for Texas HS football fans because all regions are being represented well. Texas has the best HS football in the nation, and yes I am biased, but numbers don't lie. 140K kids statewide participate in HS football in Texas, no other state comes close. The top 25 highest attendance in amateur football including BCS Championship/Bowl games last year in the nation include Texas SC games, I didn't know that until I read the program yesterday at the stadium...

We love our football, I would take a HS game over college or pro game any day...it is a passion for 99% of fans players and coaches, not a business. That is what makes it great.

+10000

You are right on here! This is why I do not care much about bragging based upon geography within Texas. Texas high school football is awesome, from the Red to the Rio, and from the East to the West. It is all good!! The best there is, imho.

I agree completely with one exception - the area north of DFW from Sherman/Denison west and east of Wichita Falls. I would have a North Texas as well.

Of course, being from this area may make me a bit biased. lol

Agreed, I just think everything west of Mineral Wells/Weatherford is west texas including WF, like I said everyone has their own geographical divides...because we are all biased.

Agreed, I just think everything west of Mineral Wells/Weatherford is west texas including WF, like I said everyone has their own geographical divides...because we are all biased.

Yes, I do as well. I like to make 281/148 the western boundary and 75 the eastern boundary for what I do (of course, I30 is the southern boundary). I do this because 281 is a fair North-South line up to Jacksboro, but then turns north west, but hwy 148 runs straight north out of Jacksboro and it continues the North-South line. This excludes the DFW teams, which are their own area. So, Weatherford and Mineral Wells would be in North Texas while Santo would be in West Texas. Wichita Falls would be in West Texas, while Henrietta, Petrolia, Nocona, and Bowie would be in North Texas. In my breakdown, I put Jacksboro in West Texas as well.

Of course, we could make it real simple just by saying anything west of Fort Worth is west Texas. Afterall, isn't Fort Worth where the west begins?!! Lol.

From the Red River south to 103 (Lufkin) everything east of and including SH19?

I agree, but I would go further south....so I say follow Hwy 19 from Red River to Paris to Trinity Texas. Then draw a line from Trinity to Corrigan to Brookeland to the Louisiana Border. Everything along and inside of that is East Texas

Hard not to because of the metro areas. You hear about HOU and DFW but usually people include AUS & SA as Being Centex or Hill Country. Most people include NE in ET if the school isn't too close to DFW. Everyone has their own opinion about geographical representation. The way I see it there is W, S, Hou, Centex, E, and DFW and Coastal Bend.

I would say to look at DCTF's breakdown, but they don't even have Timpson and Tenaha in the same region.

Ennis is North Texas, part of the DFW metromess. Got love how east texans suddenly trying to claim the dfw area. I'm sure you'll be claiming Rockwall, Mesquite,Sunnyvale, and Forney because they are in east texas districts.

Me thinks he was joking when he mentioned Ennis.

Ennis is North Texas, part of the DFW metromess. Got love how east texans suddenly trying to claim the dfw area. I'm sure you'll be claiming Rockwall, Mesquite,Sunnyvale, and Forney because they are in east texas districts.

East Texas is behind the Pine Curtain...only black land is where a cow patty has rotted...mmmmmmm