TCU

Immortal13

To be fair... Big 12 champ vs sec #5 :p

Tcu was scrubbed though... I've always thought they were better than OSU

The SEC #5 beat the Big XII champ 41-13 a fee years ago. An expectation had been set for lower tier SEC teams to beat the best the Big XII has to offer.

Haha jk jk

TCU or Baylor definitely deserved to be in.

Tcu was the favorite and ole Miss wasn't at full strenght. Good win but the committee still got it right. However I think they are just as good as baylor and Ohio st.

Good win?? This was a dismantling! Wasn't close from the start. I'd compare it to Texas getting drubbed by Arkansas but at least Texas made Arkansas punt on its first drive!

Good win for TCU. Patterson is an incredible coach to be able to coach up the 2 and 3 star recruits he tends to get.

As bad as Ole Miss played, they still gained twice as many yards as we did against Arkansas.

How low we have fallen, to live vicariously though TCU....

Good win for TCU. Patterson is an incredible coach to be able to coach up the 2 and 3 star recruits he tends to get.

As bad as Ole Miss played, they still gained twice as many yards as we did against Arkansas.

:0 lol

To be fair... Big 12 champ vs sec #5 :P

Tcu was scrubbed though... I've always thought they were better than OSU

The same #5 that finished the year beating #3 Miss St a week after they were shutout 30-0 by Arkansas. In the end of the year ranking, 'Ole Miss was #3 SEC ahead of all teams in the East. The simple fact is they laid an egg today against TCU.

And that was with Bo Wallace's 1.2 QB rating. Swoopes had a 13 QB rating against the Hogs, but he also had -32 yards rushing. If only we had Case McCoy one more year.

PS - Watched part of the UT/OSU game today on Longhorn Network. Colt McCoy was a damn good college QB.

The same #5 that finished the year beating #3 Miss St a week after they were shutout 30-0 by Arkansas. In the end of the year ranking, 'Ole Miss was #3 SEC ahead of all teams in the East. The simple fact is they laid an egg today against TCU.

TCU destroyed Ole Miss today. I'm not going to lessen what they did by saying Ole Miss laid an egg. TCU also put the cherry on top of the argument that there needs to be an eight team playoff.

TCU destroyed Ole Miss today. I'm not going to lessen what they did by saying Ole Miss laid an egg. TCU also put the cherry on top of the argument that there needs to be an eight team playoff.

+1 My comments weren't meant to take anything away from TCU at all. I think 8 is a good round number for the playoffs. Saying that, 'Ole Miss did lay an egg today much like Alabama did against OU last year and Texas did against Arkansas.

I agree, and if Baylor beats Michigan State tomorrow in the Cotton Bowl, they could lay the same claim. TCU put on a show today though, and I don't see how they won't be #2 or #3 depending on the Cotton Bowl after the current playoff system is finished, and the Cotton Bowl is finished. That would show that even the final top 4 team wasn't in the playoff to contend.

And that was with Bo Wallace's 1.2 QB rating. Swoopes had a 13 QB rating against the Hogs, but he also had -32 yards rushing. If only we had Case McCoy one more year.

PS - Watched part of the UT/OSU game today on Longhorn Network. Colt McCoy was a damn good college QB.

He could've herped and derped us to victory!

Or at least done a helluva lot better than Swoopes did

I agree, and if Baylor beats Michigan State tomorrow in the Cotton Bowl, they could lay the same claim. TCU put on a show today though, and I don't see how they won't be #2 or #3 depending on the Cotton Bowl after the current playoff system is finished, and the Cotton Bowl is finished. That would show that even the final top 4 team wasn't in the playoff to contend.

I doubt that will happen.

I doubt that will happen.

I doubt it will for at least 5 years, but there's already a debate going on : http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11201844-123/college-football-playoff-the-debate . What will make the NCAA and Conferences reconsider is $$$. I think the ratings for tomorrow's games are going to be better than the AFC/NFC Championship games this year. If I'm right, then there will be pressure from the networks to do it, and not just the fans. Conferences would be more inclined to go with an expanded playoff, since they would get a bigger slice of the $$$ with having more than one team in the playoff. This year alone the SEC would have 2 teams, the Big X(II) would have 2 teams (they have none this year), the B1G would have 2 teams, PAC XII 1, and ACC 1. None of them would complain about more millions flowing into their coffers. I also think that college football could rival the NFL Playoffs if they did. We know how much the network can receive from the Super Bowl commercials, but the same would apply to college.

This was an easy one to call. I predicted last night on the Chavis post that they would lose by several TD's! I figured by 4 but it was worse. I did not know we would see BAD BOW all game long! It's a good thing TCU had their share of turnovers too or it would have been much worse! Ole Miss rand out of gas losing 4 of the last 6 games. Too many injuries on a make shift OL and their best receiver and top two tacklers and no running game. Add Bad Bow and playing a team better than they were....well, you see what happened.

The MS ST game is going just like I predicted too! Look for Florida St and Ohio St in the final!

I doubt it will for at least 5 years, but there's already a debate going on : http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11201844-123/college-football-playoff-the-debate . What will make the NCAA and Conferences reconsider is $$$. I think the ratings for tomorrow's games are going to be better than the AFC/NFC Championship games this year. If I'm right, then there will be pressure from the networks to do it, and not just the fans. Conferences would be more inclined to go with an expanded playoff, since they would get a bigger slice of the $$$ with having more than one team in the playoff. This year alone the SEC would have 2 teams, the Big X(II) would have 2 teams (they have none this year), the B1G would have 2 teams, PAC XII 1, and ACC 1. None of them would complain about more millions flowing into their coffers. I also think that college football could rival the NFL Playoffs if they did. We know how much the network can receive from the Super Bowl commercials, but the same would apply to college.

The only reason I would doubt the ratings is bc college football is a regional game. NFL is global. The south with get huge rating bc we care about all college football... Oregon, some Cal, Ohio, then Florida... There won't be a huge northeast following, and everything north of Georgia will be hit or miss for ratings...