PLAYOFFS! Dallas @ Green Bay

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know Green Bay will be favored to win this game. it's tough for anyone to win at Lambeau Field but GB have lost 2 of it's last 3 playoff games at home. it's very difficult for a visiting team to go up there this time of year to play in that weather although the forecast for Sunday shows to be sunny and a warm temperature of 20 degrees. of course that could change between now and then. if Dallas is able to run the ball and control the clock i like their chances. they can't afford alot of mistakes though. i would prefer to see a safe passing game and try to avoid the deep throws downfield unless they are wide open. it's been a while since Tony has thrown is this kind of cold weather. i really feel the Cowboys will play much better that last game and i think this game will come down to the wire but we will see.

If we can win in Seattle, we can win anywhere.

Weather conditions are going to be the critical factor... Green Bay has studs at LB'er and Safety but not on their defensive line since BJ Raji has been out before the season.

Best bet, run the mess out of the football. Better have a plan for Eddie Lacy and Aaron Rodgers and that nasty receiving corps of Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Quarless and etc.

Ironically, I got 3rd in my fantasy league having Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson as well as Marshawn Lynch and Matt Forte.

If we can win in Seattle, we can win anywhere.

Weather conditions are going to be the critical factor... Green Bay has studs at LB'er and Safety but not on their defensive line since BJ Raji has been out before the season.

Best bet, run the mess out of the football.

Agreed on everything but the stud linebackers. They have Matthews there, the rest are decent. It needs to be the same formula we've had all year. Run the heck out of Murray, and screen plays to Dunbar and Dez. Maybe throw in an end around or two

Still just an excuse. Romo is still limited with his transverse fractures and cartlidge damage in ribs and Murrays broken and surgically repaired hand. What else you got?

Cowboys have their excuses too...

Not saying it is a legit excuse. If he can man up and play through it, it kind of takes the wind out of the sails of any excuse. Plus it is playoff time, everyone is hurting.

The thing that hurts Rogers is his injury takes away a key part of his game, but again, if he can play, it shouldn't be held against him...

Cowboys have their excuses too...

Not saying it is a legit excuse. If he can man up and play through it, it kind of takes the wind out of the sails of any excuse. Plus it is playoff time, everyone is hurting.

The thing that hurts Rogers is his injury takes away a key part of his game, but again, if he can play, it shouldn't be held against him...

So do you think the injuries to the Cowboys are any less for them. I think it effects them just as bad in their games as the calf does to Rodgers.

So do you think the injuries to the Cowboys are any less for them. I think it effects them just as bad in their games as the calf does to Rodgers.

I agree, but as I said, everyone is banged up and playing through injuries. If you can play, can't really pull the injury card at this time of year (Rogers included).

I want to know why in the world they were called the timeouts when they were in field goal range. I know they wanted to get in the end zone, but the incomplete pass stopped the clock too. Then the holding call that backed us up so Bailey had to kick a rock from 50 yards out. The Cowboys practically gave Green Bay enough time to get back down the field to kick their field goal.

I'd rather be going in at halftime with a 14-7 lead than 14-10. This game is living up to the Ice Bowl II reputation, the only difference is Dallas has a 14-10, when Green Bay had a 14-10 lead in 1967 at the half. Hopefully the Cowboys can get ready for another second half.

Bad way to end the first half:

1-Red calling the timeout which allowed the officials time to review the spot.

2-Romo checking to a pass play on 3rd and 1

3-Cobb being left wide open for a big gain to set up the field goal.

But on the bright side the Cowboys still lead. Question what's the over and under on how many times Joe Buck will mention Rodgers calf?

Bad way to end the first half:

1-Red calling the timeout which allowed the officials time to review the spot.

2-Romo checking to a pass play on 3rd and 1

3-Cobb being left wide open for a big gain to set up the field goal.

But on the bright side the Cowboys still lead. Question what's the over and under on how many times Joe Buck will mention Rodgers calf?

First off. we do not know if Tony checked to a pass play. He might have just changed the routes on a pass play. You can't fault a check off for a mishandled ball by Tony. The run or pass over the middle was open on that play.

Come on Space.....how many times have you played the injury card? ;)

Doesn't matter. I am just using the same argument that others use against Dallas and Romo. Why would it matter now and not when I point it out other times?

DeMarco Murray just fumbled. He would not have fumbled had he not been injured.... (just say'n) :rolleyes: