Female Principals bad for athletics?

Goldmember

I don't think it matters one rip whether the girl's has principles or not. If they have the athletic skills they has 'em. Morals has little to do with the sports. Seen some girl's that played fast n loose on and off the court. It is better if they do have the principles tho.

Hes talking about princiPALs not princiPLES. I've been with both and, to me, it really depends on the background of the person, not the gender. The artsy types who were art teachers english teachers or band directors or have limited sports experience(just examples take it easy) are generally not friendly to sports from what I have seen. The ones who played sports are usually good with sports being a priority.

I don't think it matters one rip whether the girl's has principles or not. If they have the athletic skills they has 'em. Morals has little to do with the sports. Seen some girl's that played fast n loose on and off the court. It is better if they do have the principles tho.

LMAO, I didn't see this one coming

Worked for a principal who used to be a coach. She got the job, shut down athletes leaving school before it was over, and cut out coaches having someone cover their class. Just examples. She opposed everything she took advantage of for years.

Worked for an absolute awesome principal who said athletics was the best thing for kids because it kept some of them at school and told us she would do anything for us if we needed it.

Worked for guy who hated coaches because of their stipends. Wanted to lengthen the time in core classes and shorten the time given to athletics. If he really had his way, it would all be after school.

You can find idiots no matter the gender.

Stupid Topic, This just assumes that females hate athletics!!! I believe that principals are concerned about all kids and all activities. Like band, FFA, UIL, Athletics, and so on and so forth.

you are either a principal, thus biased in this one.....or you have never worked in education........

Do Principal's have anything to do with athletics, except for showing up for the games, is the question I have. I thought that was controlled by the School Board who hires the AD and coaching staff of the various programs. When I was in school, it seemed the only thing that the principal's did was either hand out detention or give you licks when you got in trouble. I wish we would have had a female principal, because Vice-Principal (Coach) Shipp could render a mean paddling.

HA!!!!Doomy, You are the Norm Crosby of Smoaky!!! When are you gonna WRITE THAT BOOK????

Best Principal I ever worked for was a female Principal. Would back you up no matter what.

WORST Principal I have ever worked for was a guy that had been a Coach for over ten years, been a Coordinator etc.... thought he was going to be great but turned out to be a micro managing petty jerk who would not support you if a kid cussed you out in class or physically assaulted you.

Of course he is now a Superintendent. Jerks like that always seem to move up in this business.

BEST Principal I ever worked for WAS female...she would also back you 100%....AND she even "ruffled" school board members feathers because she wouldn't let board member's son drive to school without a license. When kid DID drive to school...had PO PO come to school and impound car till MOM came and got the car....NOW that lady is Instructional Interventionist for Deer Park ISD....making HUGE amount of $$$$....She was ONE OF A KIND...would work for her in a HEART BEAT!!!!