Jefferson ISD has informed AD/FB Coach Derek Simmons he will be reassigned, 2-years, 10-11, playoff team in 2014.

Smoaky

From what I gathered, the supt and the OC at Hughes Springs are old classmates and he got the job. All were told to be quiet on being interviewed, my guess is so the board doesn't know who else was in the mix. One of the best coaches in Deep East Texas was interviewed. District champs at least the last 5 years in his AD/HFC role and has a legacy of great coaches in his family.

That is the way it should be at every school.

Wrong!! AD is over athletics 7-12 at least. That is multiple campuses and this works with multiple principals. Should have a say in the hiring process at all levels. He should report to th supt and school board not the HS principal.

Wrong!! AD is over athletics 7-12 at least. That is multiple campuses and this works with multiple principals. Should have a say in the hiring process at all levels. He should report to th supt and school board not the HS principal.

Agreed! In fact if it would've been done this way from the beginning then all this confusion could've been avoided.

From what I gathered, the supt and the OC at Hughes Springs are old classmates and he got the job. All were told to be quiet on being interviewed, my guess is so the board doesn't know who else was in the mix. One of the best coaches in Deep East Texas was interviewed. District champs at least the last 5 years in his AD/HFC role and has a legacy of great coaches in his family.

Wrong, the Supt and OC were not old classmates! Roughly 15 years difference in age

I am hearing Antwan Jimmerson is the man for the job.

I've heard the same. I don't know him but it seems like the news has a lot of people excited if true. From what I've gathered he was the guy that the majority wanted in the beginning. Guess we'll know soon.

I have no idea, is it this guy?

Jimmerson's career at Booker T. Washington ended when he resigned in January 2010 after a scandal in the school's athletic department. He also was the Hornets' athletic director. Jimmerson was sanctioned in October 2009 and suspended for that season's final two games after Tulsa Public Schools officials determined that more than 40 Booker T. Washington athletes in four sports participated in competition while they were ineligible due to recruiting, residency and academic violations that included failing to conduct eligibility grade checks a violation of Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association rules. That discovery forced the Hornets to forfeit three football wins and cost them a playoff berth.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschools/barry-lewis-antwain-jimmerson-hopes-to-return-home/article_e33d56f1-56b0-502a-843d-1100da204b8d.html

While the Principal certainly should have a say so in who is hired to teach on his campus and therefore should work WITH the AD on those issues, the fact that EVERY successful program has an AD that reports DIRECTLY to the Superintendent NOT the Principal is why it should not be the other way around. The HS Principal has a full time job as it is and should not be directly over the AD.

While the Principal certainly should have a say so in who is hired to teach on his campus and therefore should work WITH the AD on those issues, the fact that EVERY successful program has an AD that reports DIRECTLY to the Superintendent NOT the Principal is why it should not be the other way around. The HS Principal has a full time job as it is and should not be directly over the AD.

+1