Jefferson ISD has informed AD/FB Coach Derek Simmons he will be reassigned, 2-years, 10-11, playoff team in 2014.

Smoaky

I have no idea, is it this guy?

Jimmerson's career at Booker T. Washington ended when he resigned in January 2010 after a scandal in the school's athletic department. He also was the Hornets' athletic director. Jimmerson was sanctioned in October 2009 and suspended for that season's final two games after Tulsa Public Schools officials determined that more than 40 Booker T. Washington athletes in four sports participated in competition while they were ineligible due to recruiting, residency and academic violations that included failing to conduct eligibility grade checks a violation of Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association rules. That discovery forced the Hornets to forfeit three football wins and cost them a playoff berth.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschools/barry-lewis-antwain-jimmerson-hopes-to-return-home/article_e33d56f1-56b0-502a-843d-1100da204b8d.html

While Jimmerson was a assistant at Irving HS he coached a few years under former Jefferson Coach Jerry Bennett's brother Jim Bennett

I have no idea, is it this guy?

Jimmerson's career at Booker T. Washington ended when he resigned in January 2010 after a scandal in the school's athletic department. He also was the Hornets' athletic director. Jimmerson was sanctioned in October 2009 and suspended for that season's final two games after Tulsa Public Schools officials determined that more than 40 Booker T. Washington athletes in four sports participated in competition while they were ineligible due to recruiting, residency and academic violations that included failing to conduct eligibility grade checks a violation of Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association rules. That discovery forced the Hornets to forfeit three football wins and cost them a playoff berth.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschools/barry-lewis-antwain-jimmerson-hopes-to-return-home/article_e33d56f1-56b0-502a-843d-1100da204b8d.html

Sounds like he should coach in the college ranks or in Gilm.....

While the Principal certainly should have a say so in who is hired to teach on his campus and therefore should work WITH the AD on those issues, the fact that EVERY successful program has an AD that reports DIRECTLY to the Superintendent NOT the Principal is why it should not be the other way around. The HS Principal has a full time job as it is and should not be directly over the AD.

Agree

I don't know why everyone is acting like this over these guys backing out and what not. What's obvious to me is that Mike Thomas is about to take over in Bulldog country and take them to the promised land. And as far as answering to the principal, it's not gonna happen with Mike. He'll get a top lip dip of Copenhagen long cut right in front of the principal and supt. You can do that type of stuff when you have the record that he does. Congratulations Jefferson! Yall guys just got a great one!

what will his recruiting budget be?

sorry, had to.. ;)

Don't have to recruit in Jefferson. You just need to know how to use the talent that's there...and now they've got the person to do it!

Lol, were you on the committee? He was actually the top choice by some.

No sir, but I know a few people who were on it. They were not real optimistic about the decision. I think the fact that he played that small role in Harlem Nights kind of made them a little uneasy. Although that is one of the greatest movies of all time, you have to admit it's not for the faint of heart.

No sir, but I know a few people who were on it. They were not real optimistic about the decision. I think the fact that he played that small role in Harlem Nights kind of made them a little uneasy. Although that is one of the greatest movies of all time, you have to admit it's not for the faint of heart.

You couldn't have known many since there was only 4 ppl on it. The one that prob wasnt happy was the 1 that was pulling for a friend to get the job. I'm also friends w some over there that was closely involved and believe me, this who they wanted. And this Harlem Nights jab, wth are you talking about??? Is this an inside joke of yours or what....never heard anything about this or how/if it even factored in even if it is true lol

You couldn't have known many since there was only 4 ppl on it. The one that prob wasnt happy was the 1 that was pulling for a friend to get the job. I'm also friends w some over there that was closely involved and believe me, this who they wanted. And this Harlem Nights jab, wth are you talking about??? Is this an inside joke of yours or what....never heard anything about this or how/if it even factored in even if it is true lol

Ok , I stand corrected Pig. You are correct, he did play a small role in Harlem Nights bc I just watched that scene myself. But I think his success on the football field since that movie is what really matters.

Ok , I stand corrected Pig. You are correct, he did play a small role in Harlem Nights bc I just watched that scene myself. But I think his success on the football field since that movie is what really matters.

Yessir I told you he was in that movie! Gotta love a movie with that star studded of a cast! Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, Antwain Jimmerson.