Jefferson ISD has informed AD/FB Coach Derek Simmons he will be reassigned, 2-years, 10-11, playoff team in 2014.

Smoaky

I thought they did a great job of covering his past. Just because you didn't see what you wanted to see doesn't necessarily define who he is. We don't even know all the facts....what's more important is he left with an overall record of 101-22. Even more importantly the kids seem to really like him which speaks volumes!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Coach Jimmerson, he is a first class man and coach. From a friend of mine in Irving, he is as much about building guality young people that will be prepared for life as he is about winning. Also heard when he was in Oklahoma, his programs were well rounded, as many Championships in female sports as men's. The kids are already excited.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Don't have to recruit in Jefferson. You just need to know how to use the talent that's there...and now they've got the person to do it!

I'll reserve judgement until the Bulldogs get about halfway through the season, to see if there is any change in attitude.

Well how about now?

• Like 1