Jefferson ISD has informed AD/FB Coach Derek Simmons he will be reassigned, 2-years, 10-11, playoff team in 2014.

Smoaky

I am not going to bash the coach. However if they don't improve next year, I would imagine the seat gets a little warmer.

Ole Antwain ain't got the players he started out with.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Coach bashing, but what it does have to do with is unjustly firing of a coach " coaches" that had more "skill position" injuries last year than this. Injuries aren't a crutch. No one was throwing injury the card last year.

In 2006 Jefferson dropped from 3A to 2A and they gained so much confidence knowing they would be playing smaller schools in their district that they were also dominating bigger schools in non-district. Every year since then they have gone downhill. 9-1, 9-1, 6-4 (2-8 due to forfeits), 5-5, 5-5, 5-5, 7-3, 4-6, 6-4, and this year, currently 2-6 (looking at a possible 2-8). Why can't they get that swagger back that they had in 06? Bulldog football is heading in the wrong direction.

The kids have to buy into the program. I can't speak for the kids playing now, because I am not around Jefferson anymore.I can speak for the 06 and 07 teams. We had a solid group of guys that played football together from elementary to high school. There were several of us that put in the extra hours after school and during the summer to get ready for the season. Coach Jimmerson is doing some great things off of the field with the kids. I'm sure things will get turned around with due time.