Reggie Kumrow no longer AD/Football Coach at Paul Pewitt...

Smoaky

I received an email this morning from Reggie Kumrow at Paul Pewitt High School, "I will not be the AD / Head Football Coach this next year at Paul Pewitt. My plan is to stay on as an assistant coach. This was all finalized last night."

Kumrow was 50-33 as the head football coach at Paul Pewitt, taking over from Brian Huckabay in 2008, including a 10-4 team in 2010. The Brahmas were 3-8 last season.

Smoaky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope not. Pewitt wouldn't be relevant in football for about 8 years. Now I would like to see a better mixture myself but the Slot T hides a lot of weaknesses. Spread in my opinion exposes a lot if you don't have the talent. First thing you would have to do is develop a QB from 7th grade to learn it and follow it up every year starting at that level. Look at Daingerfield. The team that won 3 State Championships in a row started the spread in 7th grade. Hugg( I think that was his name) started it. He was ran out of town because of losing before they got to see what developed. The current coach, in my opinion, is seeing what happens when you don't develop them starting at 7th grade. Talent is there but if you don't develop it early you lose in the end. I think Pewitt people want to see it come back to prominence quickly. They are going to have to wait no matter what. Talent is thin and will have to be developed. I know I just contradicted myself but I hope that whoever comes in understands that our offense has been necessary because of our lack of depth. Spread would just flop in the beginning.

Pewitt played with a lot of injuries last season. I had thought Pewitt was the team for Waskom to beat last year after the way they played us the year before and didn't lose to many players. Injuries just decimated them this year, nothing much a coach can do about that when a lot of your athletes go down.

Hope not. Pewitt wouldn't be relevant in football for about 8 years. Now I would like to see a better mixture myself but the Slot T hides a lot of weaknesses. Spread in my opinion exposes a lot if you don't have the talent. First thing you would have to do is develop a QB from 7th grade to learn it and follow it up every year starting at that level. Look at Daingerfield. The team that won 3 State Championships in a row started the spread in 7th grade. Hugg( I think that was his name) started it. He was ran out of town because of losing before they got to see what developed. The current coach, in my opinion, is seeing what happens when you don't develop them starting at 7th grade. Talent is there but if you don't develop it early you lose in the end. I think Pewitt people want to see it come back to prominence quickly. They are going to have to wait no matter what. Talent is thin and will have to be developed. I know I just contradicted myself but I hope that whoever comes in understands that our offense has been necessary because of our lack of depth. Spread would just flop in the beginning.

Hugg was run out of town because of the lack of discilpline and respect his teams showed . You are correct about the success or lack of that is showing up now. The first three years of the current regime were Bowman kids. Because of the way the Pewitt kids have always overachieved the right guy that turns the fire on should see results pretty fast. I think it will be awhile in DF.

Hugg was run out of town because of the lack of discilpline and respect his teams showed . You are correct about the success or lack of that is showing up now. The first three years of the current regime were Bowman kids. Because of the way the Pewitt kids have always overachieved the right guy that turns the fire on should see results pretty fast. I think it will be awhile in DF.

If I remember correctly, Hugg wasn't fired... He left to be the OC at a big metro school, which is where his heart and mind were his final 2 yrs at DF anyways.

I don't know slit about the staff at PP, but I know they have a tendency to load up on new talent every few years and make good runs at their district. Should be a good job for any up and coming young coach or an old guy with roots looking to make his mark on their way to retirement.

I know that Kerry Strong has been contacted but dont look for him to entertain anything until basketball is over.

Lol! Pewitt hires a basketball guy the board and supt will have to answer a lot of questions!! At the same time the supt is not a sports guy and probably didn't play football. The board may have one member that was actually a part of an athletic program let alone played football.

Kumrows first 3 years account for 3/4 of his wins. Talent a problem or something else? I still lift with some of the players. They are strong as oxes, stronger than us. Speed? We weren't fast compared to most we played. Look at our track team. Something else changed.

Not a lot of interest in Pewitt anymore. Look at the thread when we lost Coach Huck this time of year, 8 years ago. Expectations and results have declined.

• 3 weeks later...