3AD2 District 8 2015-2016

headhunter02

I literally was thinking about picking yall over frankston then too after talk to Kincade. But I had to let yall prove it I guess. ND was a let down.

Not surprising... I had to let our guys prove it too. All I said before the season was that Winona wouldn't be last or second to last. They've performed far above expectations and thats always a good thing. I expected ND to at least be competitive... Big letdown there. Everyone else is all over the place. Waskom is still the 'big bad wolf', EF is a mystery after getting dirt rolled by Waskom and then cruising thru 2 games against lesser opponents, WR is very good and Winona are the 'overachievers'. Everyone below Waskom is just fighting it out.

Those top 4 look like the playoff teams in my estimation. Winona in great shape for the playoffs... Only other teams 'on the bubble' with a legitimate shot at making it in are Frankston & Arp and we own tiebreakers with both. Unless Winona falls apart or West Rusk, Winona, and Arp or Frankston beat EF (longshot in my opinion, but it could happen) to get the winner of the Frankston/Arp game in. That has to be Arp's super bowl at this point.

Thinking Arp/Frankston game will be a good'un. Arp "O" line impressed Friday night, more so than any other we've faced thus far. They have the speed in the backfield to hit the edges on the Frankston "D" and "O" line should be able to fend off pass rush. BUT, Arp is VERY susceptible to being gut punched on the outside, be it sweeps of quick passes to the sideline. Waskom had a couple of opportunities for a couple of long pass plays IF we would have caught the ball. Frankstons QB is capable of exposing those weaknesses, and they've got the receivers to be a headache all game. This could be a high scoring affair. Too close for me to pick a clear winner.

Ballard is good. He was full grown tonight, but you cant rewrite history. He got walked down and that ball was punched out by our #20 and recovered in the endzone for a touchback. Just putting that out there for the sake of accuracy

37 totes is a bunch, how many passes were attempted by WR in this game?

37 totes is a bunch, how many passes were attempted by WR in this game?

What WR09 said sounds about right- 10-12 ish. After that last fumble by Starling, they clearly didn't want another house fire like that again and I don't blame them. That was the last pass play they attempted.

EF generally passes 25-30 times a game

I dont know how that will work out against WR... They are pretty strong in the secondary. Our recievers are good, but we had little/no success passing the ball against them. I'm not going to say there were never any open guys- there were a handful of opportunities- but their coverage was very good overall.

Dang... I really wish I could see this game.