Spring Hill Open

SHBuckeye

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still early, just happened today. I'm now hearing he was let go, so I'm assuming it may come out in tomorrows paper. Nevertheless, I just can't figure this school out. One thing for sure, we need to bring in someone with fire and intensity. I'm also thinking whoever is hired, will bring their own staff. Hoping girls basketball coach Pope, and baseball coach Echols remain in SH!!

This is a big shock to me. He was doing the right things, and brought in some good coaches. Big loss for Spring Hill.

Thought there would finally be some consistancy. A new AD every few years really ####.

Yes, I agree.

Still early, just happened today. I'm now hearing he was let go, so I'm assuming it may come out in tomorrows paper. Nevertheless, I just can't figure this school out. One thing for sure, we need to bring in someone with fire and intensity. I'm also thinking whoever is hired, will bring their own staff. Hoping girls basketball coach Pope, and baseball coach Echols remain in SH!!

You had someone with fire & intensity! Problems at SH aren't with the coach! There were problems before he got there and you can't hire a coach and tie his hands from the beginning.

Best wishes to Mark and his family! Hopefully he can go where he is appreciated and he will be given free reigns to build a program! What a big-time loss for the Panthers!

You had someone with fire & intensity! Problems at SH aren't with the coach! There were problems before he got there and you can't hire a coach and tie his hands from the beginning.

Best wishes to Mark and his family! Hopefully he can go where he is appreciated and he will be given free reigns to build a program! What a big-time loss for the Panthers!

He is a good guy, but there has been zero fire & intensity from all coaches except from the two I mentioned above. We will agree to disagree, but I didn't see a good fit. He was reassigned, but decided to resign instead. Good luck to him in whatever he wants to do. School board meeting is in a couple of weeks to decide what to do next. Meanwhile, Terry Waltrip has been named interim AD. Stay tuned.

There were problems within the staff all season. He is a great person and coach but had problems with his peers. That rubs off on the kids. It was obvious at the games that the whole staff wasn't clicking together. To be successful, the coaches have to be on the same page and work together. Not saying it was his fault but he was the leader and it definatly reflects back on him.

Like I said, there were problems before Mark got there. No coach will be able to fix the problems at SH unless he is allowed to do so, which was not the case in this situation. You can't change things if you don't have the support and Mark did not have support in any form or fashion from day 1. You talk about other coaches leaving, but that has nothing to do with Mark. Y'all can disagree all you want, but Mark is a great coach and an even finer man. If Mark wasn't a good fit, then your school and program aren't going in the direction that it needs to go!

Like I said, there were problems before Mark got there. No coach will be able to fix the problems at SH unless he is allowed to do so, which was not the case in this situation. You can't change things if you don't have the support and Mark did not have support in any form or fashion from day 1. You talk about other coaches leaving, but that has nothing to do with Mark. Y'all can disagree all you want, but Mark is a great coach and an even finer man. If Mark wasn't a good fit, then your school and program aren't going in the direction that it needs to go!

Ask the coaches that left if had something to do with Mark. It did and I don't believe they would hesitate to tell you that. If you have 3 coaches leave and then you have issues all year this year with coaches not looking like they were on the same page then that should tell you something. One common denominator in the whole thing and apparently the supt agreed!! May be a great man but doesn't seem to be a great leader.

I wonder if these kids would be more successful with a different offense. They don't have all the athletes other schools do. The WIng T, Slol T, double wing and even old school single wing gives a lot of misdirection and hard for teams to key on one guy. Just a thought. Hope the new guy is handed the reigns with no stings attached and is just let coach. Only way to build a successful football program

SH 20-49 the last 7 years.. Just a tough job in a dist with Tatum, Atlanta and Gladewater..

That's the easiet district schedule we've had the last 7 year, thanks to the 4A split into DI and DII. It can't get any easier than that for us unless we drop to 3A, which is a possiblilty a year from now.

Our District has regularly included Carthage, Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Kilgore, and Gladewater the 6 years before that. No disrespect to Tatum or Atlanta, but We'll take them over those other big 4A schools year in and year out.

Our JH teams competed this year for the 1st time in a long time thanks to the DI / DII split. While the next couple of years will rough for us, there is some hope down the road if a New AD can come in and keep the younger kids interest levels there. We've had A LOT of football kids move out from the next 2 years Senior groups. Not enough interest in football class wide anymore. I think the world of the kids who love to play and keep at it. It's tough for them. There's just not enough older kids left in the program. Pure numbers will force younger kids to play up next year. Hopefully, All that can change in 2 or 3 years if the right guy can get through the next 2 with his head up.

I actually thought Sartain was doing just that. I don't know everything that goes on up at the school, but I was very surprised he was "re-assigned" and thus the resignment.

No disrespect to you Golfingnut, but it looks like you know him personally. Stang knows what he's talking about. I know that not many coaches at SH like working under him, including ones that left last year. That doesn't mean he's not a good man because he is. He seemed to be a great guy throughout my dealings with him. This decision was not about wins and losses, just more about the things that have happened. By the way, I really enjoy reading your posts, you do a great job!