Spring Hill Open

SHBuckeye

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL nice try. Check the stats, clearly Kris Boyd got us thru that game. Get on back to talking spring hill football, you obviously can't handle talking Gilmer ball.

Yea and he was the difference in y'all winning state and losing to Gladewater

Ok... Bottom line... A football coach who wants even a slim chance at winning will not come to spring hill to coach football ! Just not conducive atmosphere in many ways for a good program! So it will be a coach who is ok with juSt coaching .... Nothing wrong with that but winning is a different monster there!

Just can not help it, everytime I see Springhill Open; I am thinking golf tournament.

That being said I hope the new AD doesn't cut the golf budget.

Here is an idea hold a golf tournament and funds raised, be used for a signing bonus for the new AD.

Heck, I'm getting like everyone else on this forum. If you are not going to hire a guy to do it right, then by all means please give the job to Kerry Strong. That is what would be best for the kids. Right? Some of our local school superintendents and boards always forget they are representing all the kids and not just their own, or their own political agendas. Sad, sad, sad for so many. Make the easy hire and take the easy path, because that is what is important for personal reasons. The dang local school system in the state of Texas is broke, and it ### for kids. I hope that in my day, we see schools operating more like universities when it comes to coaching hires. It would dang sure change the way many think and the outcome for kids.

Heck, I'm getting like everyone else on this forum. If you are not going to hire a guy to do it right, then by all means please give the job to Kerry Strong. That is what would be best for the kids. Right? Some of our local school superintendents and boards always forget they are representing all the kids and not just their own, or their own political agendas. Sad, sad, sad for so many. Make the easy hire and take the easy path, because that is what is important for personal reasons. The dang local school system in the state of Texas is broke, and it ### for kids. I hope that in my day, we see schools operating more like universities when it comes to coaching hires. It would dang sure change the way many think and the outcome for kids.

Grey Goose Saddle...earlier you said somewhere you thought Kerry Strong was a fictional character and now you are saying to hire him if they aren't going to make a good hire. You are all over the map and everywhere you go you throw Kerry Strong out there. I know you don't understand but this Strong guy you speak of would be the right hire.

The biggest difference I've seen in programs that are successful at any given sport is what happens in the off-season. Players have to be committed to development, AND the parents have to be on board. Parental politics has NO PLACE in sports. If a parent wants their child to be successful they have to commit their child to being coached at an early age and developed into a fundamentally sound athlete. They have to let the coaches coach, and if they are still not being developed fundamentally then it's time for a change. It takes several years to develop into a fundamentally sound player in any sport, unless you're a freak of nature, of course.

Acewell, I agree! It's time for Spring Hill to rejoin a district that includes White Oak, Sabine, Jefferson, New Diana, and Harleton! Although SH hasn't played Harleton and New Diana since the 1970's, it would still be good!

At last count, when the count counted and was official

Springhill 481

390 yo

White Oak 392

Sabine 374

Jefferson 350

Daingerfield 328

ND 269

Harleton 199

I can see why you would want to drop a 100 or 200 make a big difference at this level

Bet lot of golfing schools in the region are wishing you would drop.

The problems at SH run farther than the athletic department. Spring Hill could be classified as a de facto segregated school. It has a absurdly high tax rate and the district size would be considered a 1A in terms of size. Not to mention, they have the lowest minority percentage in Longview. Spring Hill is not an idealistic school even though they want to be. The island on the hill is a perception for the Hwy 80 motel reality that exists in terms of morality and parental politics that desire to control the school and athletic program.

As a member of the last SH playoff team, I would like to see a coach committed long term to the program - even if that means hiring a lesser quality coach. I would support a man like Donny Denman to the position. He is a SH alum and former DL coach for the Panthers. He was lost after Bero left. I believe he is the DC at Harmony currently. He could bring longevity to the program it most desperately needs. Hiring the top candidate has worked poorly in the past, e.g. Bill Poe. We need an East Texas coach familiar with the absurd SH climate.