Who will be the next AD/HC at Jacksonville?

FlamingJ

Well he has been to playoffs vast majority of his career. I think by state playoffs they are referring to state championship games. That number would be around 5.

Lol. I mean, I understand a lot of people don't. Guess I'm a little irritated after reading countless articles from my own newspaper that are hard to understand and then I read this one.

Coaching from '91-'96 as the OC under Danny Long, but his career began in 1998 at Marshall?? He's been associated with the playoffs for the "vast majority" of his career but has made the state playoffs 5 times......???? 5 times is the vast majority?!?!? lol

One of those "C'm on man!" moments

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the excitement level here hasn't been this high in a long time. I don't believe we will see the turn around next year, but with a little help from realignment, I believe after this upcoming season Jacksonville could return to being very competitive. I think that is what most of us in town are looking for....just being in the playoffs is a good place to start.

"Coleman has a history in Jacksonville, serving as Offensive Coordinator for the Indians from 1991-1996, during the tenure of then Head Coach, Danny Long........Since his coaching career began in 1998 in Marshall, Texas, Coleman has been associated in the play-offs with various teams for the vast majority of his career and has been to the State play-offs five times."

Could they not proof read this article before they published it?

This post may cause TEA to do some investigating on Coach Coleman... Not sure how he coached from 91-96 in Jacksonville but began his career in 98 in Marshall?? I'm with you Pete... Proof reading is apparently a long lost skill. Maybe they meant to say that Coach Coleman has gone to many playoff games both as a spectator and a coach???

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking the other day about Long's staff at J'ville and all the head coaches that staff produced ... the ones that come to mind right away ... Traylor and Matt Turner at Gilmer, Coleman, Keeling at Waskom, Barker at Kaufman, and Herb Minyard .... and I may have even missed some ... interesting.

I was thinking the other day about Long's staff at J'ville and all the head coaches that staff produced ... the ones that come to mind right away ... Traylor and Matt Turner at Gilmer, Coleman, Keeling at Waskom, Barker at Kaufman, and Herb Minyard .... and I may have even missed some ... interesting.

What happened?

What happened?

Good question ... not single causational ... sometimes decisions that are made will you get into a revolving door staff situations ... life is about fit ... the right fit ....