Yu Darvish is out

Five0pd310

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they didn't go with the surgery in August when they shut him down. Now it's going to hurt them much longer if he has to have Tommy John surgery. The recovery process takes around 18 months to get back to the Major League level, which would put up out of the 2016 season too. He could recover by next year, but it's highly unlikely that he will be at full force until maybe late July or August.

The first person who claims this is the result of the "Curse Of Nolan Ryan" will be banned for a week :D ... I'm being facetious, of course, but please don't :(

You'll have to ban a lot of sports talk radio hosts, because they've been using it rampantly.

Question for you guys. We've got some pretty experienced baseball aficionados on the site so what do you guys attribute the increase in arm injuries to over the last few years? (24 in the last 3 years I think).

People gonna cuss me, but I see no point in pitchers throwing 100 plus pitches a game. Whats the point of having middle relievers on your roster if they never see the field? I personally think I'd try and protect my 1, 2 and 3 pitchers and maybe limit them to 80 pitches. There's a LOT of money invested in arms to just burn them up.

People gonna cuss me, but I see no point in pitchers throwing 100 plus pitches a game. Whats the point of having middle relievers on your roster if they never see the field? I personally think I'd try and protect my 1, 2 and 3 pitchers and maybe limit them to 80 pitches. There's a LOT of money invested in arms to just burn them up.

There's a reason those guys are starters and the others are out of the bullpen. When your #1 is still better than your middle relief guys after he's tired, that's who I'm staying with.

Question for you guys. We've got some pretty experienced baseball aficionados on the site so what do you guys attribute the increase in arm injuries to over the last few years? (24 in the last 3 years I think).

Stronger bodies, more torque nowadays. Simply put.

Your not really a big league pitcher till you have had your Tommy John surgery. ITs not good but look at what the guys were before and after. Nowadays not much difference at all.

The only thing I will question( and thats why there are people who make more money making these decisions) is leaving him in with a high pitch count in the seventh or eight inning with a sizable lead. Thats why Girardi and Scioscia get paid to think that out and not me.

I personally believe its the starting pitchers that don't want give up and pitch less. I think it's been drilled into their heads that a REAL man can pitch a complete game. I don't think it's a fluke that more pitchers need TJ surgery. Their not LESS conditioned or LESS in shape. It's pitch count that leads to surgery. My son pitched all the way thru high school and 3 years in college with the same outcome needing TJ surgery. I don't think for one second that coaches or even the players care about their arms. They all think it won't happen and coaches think well IF it does we'll just get another ace. I think it will take a team that truly cares about their staff to correct the problem.

People have babied arms and guys have still had TJ. Guys have thrown their arms off and not needed TJ. It's a biological crapshoot.

I wouldnt be shocked at a 6 man rotation. It would just be the natural evolution from a 3 man to a 4 to a 5 man.

Not to mention the stress that's already on bullpen arms. Yea they have lower total innings pitched but you have to factor in that some relievers can throw in 2-3 sometimes more games in a row. No add in that they had to warm up their arm each time and you would have even more arm injuries. There really is just more force in the throwing motion now than there was years ago. I don't think expanding rosters or getting rid of DH's (fingers crossed) and adding a slot for an extra starter is a bad idea at all.

The curse of Nolan Ryan is real. You dump the Texas Legend for a little squirrel like John Daniels and bad things will start happening. It appears that it already has! Rangers may be the worst team in the A.L this year! They may not be back in the post season in 20+ years.

Oh no, the sky is falling!! Let's all pack it in and watch no games this year, because the loss of one starter is going to kill us!! Oh, and let's not forget that Nolan went out there and pitched every game for us, drove in every run we scored, and made every play in the field, all by himself!! He even called balls and strikes, and ran the scoreboard too!!

That is exactly what every fair-weather fan, including yourself, sounds like. Sound reasonable to you? Didn't think so

I already had low expectations for this season. Get everyone healthy. Keep everyone healthy. See how the arms rebound. Get a look at a couple of the prospects. 2016 will be our year. Darvish being out just confirms my pessimism.

Because although we don't like to say this about our heroes his ego was just as big as Daniels. He got his feelings hurt when Daniels wouldn't agree with all of his decisions.

Somebody with the stature of Nolan Ryan shouldn't have to cow down to a little weasel like John Daniels. Ryan's opinions obviously didn't carry much weight with the Rangers, I'm surprised he stayed as long as he did.