Yu Darvish is out

Five0pd310

There is a huge difference in cowing down and getting mad because you don't agree with your boss. As far as Ryan's opinions they did carry weight and were listened too up to the point that when he disagreed with Daniels and decided to act like a prima donna. When Daniels decided they needed a better bench coach, and my guess is wash did too Ryan got his feelings hurt because HIS guy was getting the ax.

And again you really said all you needed when you said HIS STATURE. That is where your wrong, this is the front office not the mound. Since you want to hand out some blame, throw some on ownership, they threw them together.

I blame the ownership for putting a squirrel like Daniels in a position above Ryan. Ryan should have been calling the shots, not the other way around. Daniels has proven over and over again he is clueless. Nolan Ryan didn't get his feelings hurt, he decided enough was enough with Daniels incompetence.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you gave your opinion and then tried to pass it off as facts. Facts are you need to read a little batter about his leaving and then while at it read a little about the Rangers before Daniels

That's strange, I thought you gave your uninformed opinion. The fact is Nolan Ryan should have never been in a position to have to to listen to Daniels. You can have JD and his mismanagement ....

If he had not punched Robin Ventura, this would not even be an issue. Don't disrespect Lord God Nolan Ryan is the message we are supposed to take from all of this?

Isn't hero worship is adorable? :D

Absolutely ... The Rangers never deserved him ...

^ this isn't the John Birch forum - that attitude actually looks crazy over here :D :P

Someone PLEASE tell me what Lord God Nolan's unique skills were - compared to the other 29 President/CEOs (who did not punch Robin Ventura) ........... (???)

^ this isn't the John Birch forum - that attitude actually looks crazy over here :D :P

Someone PLEASE tell me what Lord God Nolan's unique skills were - compared to the other 29 President/CEOs (who did not punch Robin Ventura) ........... (???)

The problem is that everyone thought that when Nolan showed up and all the upswing happened with the organization, it was all Nolan's doing. In all actuality it had a lot to do with JD making the trades to bring in big pieces, signing the correct players, and letting the organization develop them, along with the observations and suggestions of Nolan. He was never the be all and end all, but the uniformed believed that and will continue to.

The problem is that everyone thought that when Nolan showed up and all the upswing happened with the organization, it was all Nolan's doing. In all actuality it had a lot to do with JD making the trades to bring in big pieces, signing the correct players, and letting the organization develop them, along with the observations and suggestions of Nolan. He was never the be all and end all, but the uniformed believed that and will continue to.

Nolan added the validation that he was a "real" baseball guy compared to JD. Little JD could play with his cute little sabermetrics but John Wayne was there to keep him in line. Nolan deserves credit for saving the team from Jim Crane. Nolan deserves credit for helping get the Tom Hicks vibe off the team. JD deserves the credit for 2 World Series teams and what happened before & after those teams. JD's main fault is his nerdy, meddling, know it all public perception.

Nolan added the validation that he was a "real" baseball guy compared to JD. Little JD could play with his cute little sabermetrics but John Wayne was there to keep him in line. Nolan deserves credit for saving the team from Jim Crane. Nolan deserves credit for helping get the Tom Hicks vibe off the team. JD deserves the credit for 2 World Series teams and what happened before & after those teams. JD's main fault is his nerdy, meddling, know it all public perception.

He does deserve credit for revamping the vibe that so many fans had about the Rangers, but I can't stand the perception that it all happened because Nolan showed up. He had tons of help from many.

JD does need to work on public perception though.

2002-2004/ JD assistant baseball ops, director of baseball ops, assistant GM to John Hart

2005- Rangers 79-83, JD hired as GM after sesason

2006- Rangers 82-80

2007- Rangers 75-87, MARK TEIXEIRA TRADE

2008- Hicks hired Nolan as President Rangers went 79-83

2009- Rangers go 87-75

2010- Rangers 90-72 AL Champions

2011- Rangers 96-66 AL Champions

Players from 2008 to 2010 World Series team that were added during Nolan Ryan's Tenure

Josh Hamilton

Alexi Ogando (technically)

Cliff Lee

Bengie Molina

Jorge Cantu

Christian Guzman

Colby Lewis

Rich Harden

Vlad Guerrero

I may have missed a couple of players but for the most part it was a homegrown team.

Good question, lol. To the best of my abilities, I tried to narrow it down to guys that spent 2007 in the minors or were already part of the big league team. I put anybody in the minors into the homegrown basket. The Mark Texiera trade is a great example. All guys drafted by another team. All for the most part after the trade spent time in the Rangers farm system. How would you consider Harrison, Andrus and Neftali? Homegrown or finished product? I'm throwing them into the homegrown.

Pitchers from 2010 WS

Feliz- trade

Tommy Hunter- Rangers draft pick

Colby Lewis- Rangers draft pick, free agent pick up in 2010

Mark Lowe- part of Cliff Lee Trade

Darren O'Day- waiver pick up I think

Alexi ogando- Rule V pick in 2005, granted visa in 2010

Derek Holland- Rangers draft pick

Michael Kirkman-Rangers draft pick

Cliff Lee- trade

Darren Oliver- free agent

C.J. Wilson- Rangers Draft pick

Position

Bengie Molina- trade

Matt Treanor- trade

Elvis Andrus- trade

Andres Blanco- trade

Jorge Cantu- trade

Ian Kinsler- draft pick

Mitch Moreland- Rangers draft pick

Michael Young- trade

Julio Borbon- Rangers draft pick

Nelson Cruz- trade

Jeff Francoeur- trade

Vladimir Guerrero- free agent

Josh Hamilton- trade

David Murphy- trade

I would think most WS rosters would look the same. The trades were done by Daniel's so he has to get some credit for them right?

I would. Maybe 12 guys that came in during Nolan's first couple of years as President/CEO? 8 during the 2010 season.

Nolan gets more credit than is deserved because of him being Nolan

'twas my point - if this was Jerry Koosman we were talking about - same administrative abilities as Ryan - there would be no ridiculous "Team JD" vs. "Team Nolan" polarization.