Yu Darvish is out

Five0pd310

Ok so let me see, he was an owner.....mmmmm....he could have made himself GM.....oh wait you forgot that??

But in order to do that he would have to fire the GM that lead Rangers to WS and produced a top 5 minor league program for several years.....

Learn your history.

Spin, spin spin ...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so let me see, he was an owner.....mmmmm....he could have made himself GM.....oh wait you forgot that??

But in order to do that he would have to fire the GM that lead Rangers to WS and produced a top 5 minor league program for several years.....

Learn your history.

You're telling me Jon Daniels lead the Rangers to the World Series? If you had to quantify each guy's percentage of actually taking part in leading the Rangers to the World Series, how big of a piece of pie would JD have?

Ron Washington 25%

Players 70%

Front Office 5%....

Seriously. He might have traded for guys or picked up free agents or whatever, but he is in no way any part of "leading" the Rangers to the World Series. In fact, like someone stated earlier, a lot of these guys were "home grown" and let's be honest, the success rate of picking guys to make a splash in the big leagues is well below 30%. So it was somewhat of a c r a p shoot that the Rangers got lucky and hit it big on some guys that fit perfectly into roles. No one in this world could've forseen that happen.

Great job trying to lead this into something else but we were talking FRONT OFFICE right? Or did I miss where the subject changed? But yes beyond anything the players lead them, then wash, then front office.

So in the grand scheme of things, Front Office is really what? A tiny tiny percentage. FRONT OFFICE listens to scouts. FRONT OFFICE let's the manager manage and the players play. So what does FRONT OFFICE do? Sign checks? They surely don't go out and find talent or evaluate it. They look at the evaluation sheet that the scout made for them. Now with Nolan, he was different. He could look at Ogando and see his front side was flying open too early, can JD do that? Nolan > JD

You're telling me Jon Daniels lead the Rangers to the World Series? If you had to quantify each guy's percentage of actually taking part in leading the Rangers to the World Series, how big of a piece of pie would JD have?

Ron Washington 25%

Players 70%

Front Office 5%....

Seriously. He might have traded for guys or picked up free agents or whatever, but he is in no way any part of "leading" the Rangers to the World Series. In fact, like someone stated earlier, a lot of these guys were "home grown" and let's be honest, the success rate of picking guys to make a splash in the big leagues is well below 30%. So it was somewhat of a c r a p shoot that the Rangers got lucky and hit it big on some guys that fit perfectly into roles. No one in this world could've forseen that happen.

For once, you and I agree. The players and manager make or break a team. No matter what a front office guy does, if the players stink, the team will too.

He was as responsible as anybody for the Rangers success .... he was never allowed to achieve his potential in the front office

You really believe this?

So your saying the manager builds the team? Front office runs team top to bottom. Facts are facts, team was built before Nolan arrived. Nolan was fearful of signing Yu. Yes Ryan has a great wealth of pitching knowledge. Yes he was an asset no he was the reason behind the success. The rebuilding of minor leagues was and that is all due to JD.

Wrong. Completely wrong. That might be your opinion, but it is wrong! When a front office runs a team, "top to bottom," you get the Rangers 2 summers ago and last summer.

I don't think you understand the front office and it's job, but ok

I know exactly what the front office is for. Here is a list of front offices that I know of...

1. The front office that knows 0 baseball and wants to control everything the team does. (2014 JD and the Rangers)

2. The front office that knows some baseball and has a plan and let's the coaches coach. (Billy Beane and Oakland)

3. The front office that buys the best players and let's the manager help them be selfless guys. (former Steinbrenner and New York)

4. The front office that buys 1 good player and then tries to set the line up (Miami and that idiot of a GM)

The list goes on... those are top 4 off the top of my head...

Prime example of JD trying to control things that Ron didn't like... bringing up Profar and forcing Ron to play him, even though Ron fought it.