Whitehouse already looking for a new AD?

BlueDuckSaddle

Seriously? So they get rid of McFarlin after all he did to, "go in a new direction". Most of it obviously stemmed from him "supposedly" being a poor AD. They go the split AD/Football route, hire a clueless guy as the AD, a young unproven head football coach, and now they are struggling in everything after two quick years. Mc Farlin was there for ten years and had the whole athletic program rocking and rolling. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but this may be one of the dumbest administration and board moves in the history of East Texas doings. I'm open to any logical explanations for this stupidity that anyone can provide. Let'r rip!

Well I guess he ticked off 10% every year he was there and they decided to go in a different direction. We know you are still butt hurt it wasn't you they chose. Apply for the job again and see if they give you a call. Its like when your girl drops you. Let her go, if she comes back to you she's all yours if not it wasn't meant to be.

Well I guess he ticked off 10% every year he was there and they decided to go in a different direction. We know you are still butt hurt it wasn't you they chose. Apply for the job again and see if they give you a call. Its like when your girl drops you. Let her go, if she comes back to you she's all yours if not it wasn't meant to be.

Stang, as I told you in another post, I'm not a coach and I never applied for a job there. I do have a personal interest there and pay taxes there, as well as in Bullard and a couple of other surrounding districts. I might apply for the supt job though when it comes open. If I do you will be the first to know.

I agree with your theory of McFarlin #### people off though. There never was a reasonable explanation for the "new direction" and it sure wasn't because he didn't have the kids and programs going in a positive direction. He was also morally in tact and did nothing along those lines. Crazy mess! At least they are trying to fix it. Maybe they will look south just a little and hire a legend? I've heard him mentioned!

Said it before and I will say it again, School Boards and Administrators NEVER think about the fact that when they say they want to go in a different direction that road can travel in two different directions. And in most cases when Districts decide they want to go that route they wind up heading SOUTH PDQ.

I say hire Kerry Strong or Mike Thomas. Either fictional character would be better than that Peacock guy. What a joke to begin with. Shows how much athletic knowledge surrounds that admin and community to begin with. Maybe that's why they didn't like McFarlin? He was smarter than all of them and they didn't know how to take that. If they will give the legend, just a little to south, the chance he will be the best thing that ever happened to the district. I hope they hire him without batting an eye. And NO.....he isn't too old school. He will be in the business until he kicks the bucket. Of course, its Whitehouse so who knows. They may look for a tennis guy?

I say hire Kerry Strong or Mike Thomas. Either fictional character would be better than that Peacock guy. What a joke to begin with. Shows how much athletic knowledge surrounds that admin and community to begin with. Maybe that's why they didn't like McFarlin? He was smarter than all of them and they didn't know how to take that. If they will give the legend, just a little to south, the chance he will be the best thing that ever happened to the district. I hope they hire him without batting an eye. And NO.....he isn't too old school. He will be in the business until he kicks the bucket. Of course, its Whitehouse so who knows. They may look for a tennis guy?

Kerry Strong is not and will not be referred to as a fictional character. The only fiction is that you have a clue.

DA in not interested. $ doesn't matter. Level 1.

Don't be so sure about that; You know how some people like to make another stab at a title before they hang it up... That's human nature for a true competitor, and HE IS.......Not only that, but back in Daingerfield's heyday, he had talent along with community support as well as support from the School; Whitehouse can provide ALL of that to a higher degree than Troup can... Just thinkin' aloud...!

He ain't going amywhere. Age is a factor. I would love for my old coach to get one last ring but it's going to have to be a troup. Retirement is near it's the way it is.

You might be right, but this move would not require a home relocation and all that goes along with that. Who really knows what he would do. I'm sure if offered, he would entertain the idea. I think the talent level coming up in both schools will have a bigger impact than money at this point in his career. I too would love to see him get one more ring.

Yeah I agree I know he is hard headed and a good coach. A move at his age might take a toll esp since he accomplished a lot . There not much too chase. I think he is good enough to lead Troup through if they are willing that is.

Open up your message box so I can pm you.