Worst stadium in Texas

Curious, but does Simms / James Bowie still have the rock seating?

It is now the visitors side. The purchased some nice used stands from a school building a new stadium and moved the home side West of the field. It's ok. At least that's what I hear they did

I will say it again that there are dozens of facilities in JUST East Texas that make Henderson look like Cowboys ATT Stadium. Clarksville to just name one, There is pee on the floor of the visitorfs dressing room there left over from Eisenhower Administraitonl

Cville is a very poor district and I doubt any kind of upgrade is being consider. Their stuff is old and old is ok. There is no excuse for not keeping what you have clean. Clean is cheap to maintain

Cville is a very poor district and I doubt any kind of upgrade is being consider. Their stuff is old and old is ok. There is no excuse for not keeping what you have clean. Clean is cheap to maintain

Oleman....if I'm not mistaken....and sometimes I am....the field is owned by The New Century Club... or the Century club donated the land for the stadium....my sister lived in Clarksville and was a member....BUT you are correct...OLD is OK...remember their school was the oldest functioning school building until it burned.....

Oleman....if I'm not mistaken....and sometimes I am....the field is owned by The New Century Club... or the Century club donated the land for the stadium....my sister lived in Clarksville and was a member....BUT you are correct...OLD is OK...remember their school was the oldest functioning school building until it burned.....

I am from Cville and finished in 1972. Alot has changed since I got out out. We were in the dist with Gilmer, SS, MP and LE then. We had 150+ in our class now the whole HS has around 170 or so. Yep, times have changed. Still not a reason to provid a clean enviorment. I went to the old school. The football field is one of the oldest in the state. Early 30's I think

I am from Cville and finished in 1972. Alot has changed since I got out out. We were in the dist with Gilmer, SS, MP and LE then. We had 150+ in our class now the whole HS has around 170 or so. Yep, times have changed. Still not a reason to provid a clean enviorment. I went to the old school. The football field is one of the oldest in the state. Early 30's I think

Sister and family Actually lived in English..BIG house across from store....they sold it in 2000 and moved to town and lived next door to the admin "house"....said it use to be a doctor's house/office.....all she could talk about was "Golden Gals" and New Century Club.....

Oleman had it right, nothing wrong with being poor. But there is no excuse for not being clean.

Clyde and OMan....Correct......clean beats dirty"dingy".....I think sometimes this "NEW" generation wants NEW even when "OLD" was Clean and FINE....something us "Old people" call..."keeping up with the Jones/Smith's......They have this so WE MUST HAVE IT......they have THAT so WE MUST HAVE IT.....EVEN IF IT BREAKS US TO DO IT!!!!!!.....sometimes the taxpayers say NO....look at Katy....Well established powerhouse...wanted to build a NEW stadium.......NOPE....Allen....well they got a "taste"....build the "TEMPLE".......and it comes crashing down.....sorry for the length.....talked with a Div II coach once and he said that they were having a HARD time recruiting quality players from BIG schools....because the kids had BETTER facilities than the Div. II school had and this school is always in the Div II play-offs and they couldn't upgrade their facilities.....

Until Tennyha upgrades the visitor side .... it's far and away the worst stadium in Texas. I don't care what else they have done, that doesn't let them off the hook. The visitors side is horrendous. If I were opposing schools, I would refuse to play them at their place until they upgrade .... It should be something the UIL looks into in my opinion .... IT'S THAT BAD

I have coached at two different schools that have had games at Tennyha as you spelled it. Both teams were excited about the chance to go to THE PIT and compete. Visitors side bleachers aren't that bad and the stadium is nowhere close to the worst in the state. Excluding the playoffs the atmosphere in THE PIT is second to none. Great place to play a 2A or 3A football game because you know that you will come out of that game knowing where your team stands.

Bigger is not always better. And things were done differently back in the old days. Things like not letting kids drink water. There used to not be Air Conditioning and Computers in schools either, but times change and you do things differently. If you want your kids playing in a Stadium that is dated from the Depression and no track that is fine. Your kids might not being ashamed but durn those spoiled kids anyway right? They need to know some hardship it builds character.

But for better or worse this is Texas and Football is King (and for that we thank you). The vast majority of schools have plenty of money those that don't need to look at who they have running things. You do not have to spend what Katy wanted too and Allen wasted to have nice CLEAN well kept facilities. There are two kinds of schools in Texas those that spend ten dollars to save one and those who spend one to save ten. Those who do things the second way ALWAYS seem to have nice stuff and the first never do. Coincidence, I think not.

Hey if you do not like having your school thrown up on a list of things that are bad do something about it or get used to being felt sorry for.

I have coached at two different schools that have had games at Tennyha as you spelled it. Both teams were excited about the chance to go to THE PIT and compete. Visitors side bleachers aren't that bad and the stadium is nowhere close to the worst in the state. Excluding the playoffs the atmosphere in THE PIT is second to none. Great place to play a 2A or 3A football game because you know that you will come out of that game knowing where your team stands.

Coaching from the sidelines wouldn't be that different, fans seating, fan safety and visitors side facilites are something else all together. You have got to be kidding if you think their visitors side seating isn't all that bad ... unless you only bring 25-30 fans. By the time you seat the band, there is hardly any seating left. I have seen older fans fall off lawn chairs on the side of the hill behind the couple of rows of bleachers and almost get injured. As successful as Tenaha is with their program you would think they would take more pride in their visitors side accomodations. Yea, it's a great place for teams to play but it's still one of mthe worst visitor side stadiums in Texas. I will say again, if I were playing them, they would have to upgrade their visotors side accomodations or we would have to find another place to play. There is no excuse for it ...

• 2 months later...

Apparently no one has visited the Joaquin Rams football hole or as its designed a" 100 yard arena style stadium without the wall padding. There is less than a yard of room from field to fence which makes for dangerous play. And Oh Yes they use it to their advantage on defense.

Coaching from the sidelines wouldn't be that different, fans seating, fan safety and visitors side facilites are something else all together. You have got to be kidding if you think their visitors side seating isn't all that bad ... unless you only bring 25-30 fans. By the time you seat the band, there is hardly any seating left. I have seen older fans fall off lawn chairs on the side of the hill behind the couple of rows of bleachers and almost get injured. As successful as Tenaha is with their program you would think they would take more pride in their visitors side accomodations. Yea, it's a great place for teams to play but it's still one of mthe worst visitor side stadiums in Texas. I will say again, if I were playing them, they would have to upgrade their visotors side accomodations or we would have to find another place to play. There is no excuse for it ...

Visitors side seating is in need for a major upgrade I agree its that bad.

curious as to which 2 schools

Visitors side seating is in need for a major upgrade I agree its that bad.

nope. it's a hostile environment. we don't like you, we don't care if you are comfortable. plenty of other areas to focus our attention besides visitors seating. Tenaha is far from the worst stadium. worst visitors side?,who cares.

Apparently no one has visited the Joaquin Rams football hole or as its designed a" 100 yard arena style stadium without the wall padding. There is less than a yard of room from field to fence which makes for dangerous play. And Oh Yes they use it to their advantage on defense.

You sir, are wrong! There is 12' (4 yards) from the sideline to the fence. If you're talking about the west endzone, it's at least 3 yards of clearance. The field surface was renovated last year, and now it is as good as as any grass field in East Texas. The concession stand is being expanded right now to allow the booster club to serve fans better. You sound bitter. Which of your teams lost there?

Okay so it was redone last year. Therefore the rumors of its suckage are out of date. And while I have never coached against Joaquin I HAVE heard from a couple of different sources that it indeed was a pit at one time. If you have fixed it up, good on your school.

It's never been the best, but it's head and shoulders above many that I've been to. I'm not into running down schools and their facilities, but in 35+ years of following Ram football, I've never been through a season where ours was the worst stadium I saw.
  • Like 1

Frost. Visitor side bleachers are about five yards off playing surface. The fence is construction mesh with t posts. The field is sloped downward towards the home side at a good 3-5% grade. The visitor side from numbers to sideline is the infield of the worst baseball field in the state. No showers or ac in the 15x15 rusted out metal visitors dressing room with one toilet that dowsnt get sufficient water flow. The only thing hospitable about the place is their play.

Frost. Visitor side bleachers are about five yards off playing surface. The fence is construction mesh with t posts. The field is sloped downward towards the home side at a good 3-5% grade. The visitor side from numbers to sideline is the infield of the worst baseball field in the state. No showers or ac in the 15x15 rusted out metal visitors dressing room with one toilet that dowsnt get sufficient water flow. The only thing hospitable about the place is their play.

Okay, That sounds worse than the 'Mater Bowl in Jacksonville... By Chance, does Union Pacific Railroad run trains beside it about Five times per game, making it Impossible to hear yourself think?😳