5A Games NETX vs SETX

cujoforlife

This is a great idea, guys in setx are always talking about the water vs the woods, I can't recall too much recent history between the two areas, hadn't seen this particular matchup since we played Ozen in Nac

The only team that JT has played from down there is PAM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the games would need to be in central East Texas. Longview is to far north. Where would we draw the line to from here over is East Texas. Houston is in east Texas, or can do only the east side of Houston.

Houston is its own area. They can't claim the east!

Chill Played PNG last year in Lufkin and will do it again this year, Tatum played Sour lake Hardin Jefferson, and of course Gilmer played WOS in state. Carthage played Little Cy mauriceville and El Campo. There is history between the two areas but usually only during playoff time would be great to see it during the season

And Texas High vs Vidor a couple of years back, I'm talking about an every year thing. To bring money into both areas.

How bout we add to this thing and make Lufkin be a SETX representative since they really are in that region.

Texas High vs Lufkin

Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial

John Tyler vs. Crosby

Sulphur Springs vs. PNG

Marshall vs. Nederland

Whitehouse vs. Beaumont Central

Carthage vs W-OS

Gilmer vs Silsbee

Chapel Hill vs Jasper

Atlanta vs. Newton

Mineola vs Kirbyville

White Oak vs San Augustine

Create 3 sites to host the 12 games (4 games at each site) Sam Houston State, SFA, and Longview HS or Rose

Each site hosts a game on Thursday night (7pm), 1 game on Friday night (7:30) and 2 games on Saturday (2:00 & 7:30)

@ Longview HS

Atlanta vs Newton (Thurs)

Mineola vs Kirbyville (Fri)

Chapel Hill vs Jasper (Sat 2pm)

Texas High vs Lufkin (Sat 7pm)

@ SHSU

Carthage vs W-OS (Thurs)

Sulphur Springs vs PNG (Fri)

Gilmer vs Silsbee (Sat 2:30)

JT vs Crosby (Sat 7pm)

@ SFA

Marshall vs Nederland (Thurs)

Whitehouse vs Beaumont Central (Fri)

White Oak vs Buna (Sat 2pm)

Longview vs PA Memorial (Sat 7pm)

There's your suggestions taken into consideration...

Primetime games moved to Saturday and SA was removed and I added Buna who is 22 students larger than WO.

As far as including Houston teams?? No, we said NETX vs. SETX no where in there is Houston the only somewhat "Houston" team is Crosby and if that's "too Houston" for you we can add Vidor or Dayton in there spot, I just thought Crosby/JT would be a better game.

Longview (IMO) is the 3rd best option for a stadium, it has a large enough capacity to house a big crowd and the schools that I scheduled there are fairly equidistant from Longview. Inevitably there's going to be a team that travels farther than the other... It is what is it, it only means one team misses one or 2 more classes that day and rides a bus for another 45-75 mins.

If there's another 8 teams that need to play in this battle of East Texas we can add a site at Lufkin or possibly @ Lamar University

Let's hear your other suggestions!

My other interesting match-ups would be

Coldspring vs. New Boston

Corrigan Camden vs. Leonard

Joaquin vs. Waskom

Brookshire Royal vs. Gladewater

Beaumont WB vs. Tyler Lee

LCM vs Kilgore

Sealy vs. Athens

Center vs. Van

Of the matchups above I think Beaumont WB vs Tyler Lee would be the primetime game on Saturday night, then you add Coldspring/New Boston on Thursday

Ozen /Chapel Hill on Friday and then pick one of those other games to be saturday at 2 and play those 4 games at Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin. (why I didn't take your advice on New Caney's new stadium, while it is definitely very nice and appealing, that is until you figure that you'd have to include their 2 football programs in this classic (most likely) in order to play in their stadium and they are 1) both Houston and 2) neither one of them has been any good

I also think I would change the Chapel Hill/Jasper match-up to

Beaumont Ozen vs. Chapel Hill (they can play at the 4th site)

Jasper vs Liberty-Eylau (have them meet at Longview)

There's your suggestions taken into consideration...

Primetime games moved to Saturday and SA was removed and I added Buna who is 22 students larger than WO.

As far as including Houston teams?? No, we said NETX vs. SETX no where in there is Houston the only somewhat "Houston" team is Crosby and if that's "too Houston" for you we can add Vidor or Dayton in there spot, I just thought Crosby/JT would be a better game.

Longview (IMO) is the 3rd best option for a stadium, it has a large enough capacity to house a big crowd and the schools that I scheduled there are fairly equidistant from Longview. Inevitably there's going to be a team that travels farther than the other... It is what is it, it only means one team misses one or 2 more classes that day and rides a bus for another 45-75 mins.

If there's another 8 teams that need to play in this battle of East Texas we can add a site at Lufkin or possibly @ Lamar University

Let's hear your other suggestions!

I would play at New Caney over Longview personally, but that could be one of those possible rotating sites that alternate each year...

How bout we add to this thing and make Lufkin be a SETX representative since they really are in that region.

Texas High vs Lufkin

Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial

John Tyler vs. Crosby

Sulphur Springs vs. PNG

Marshall vs. Nederland

Whitehouse vs. Beaumont Central

Carthage vs W-OS

Gilmer vs Silsbee

Chapel Hill vs Jasper

Atlanta vs. Newton

Mineola vs Kirbyville

White Oak vs San Augustine

Create 3 sites to host the 12 games (4 games at each site) Sam Houston State, SFA, and Longview HS or Rose

Each site hosts a game on Thursday night (7pm), 1 game on Friday night (7:30) and 2 games on Saturday (2:00 & 7:30)

@ Longview HS

Texas High vs Lufkin (Fri)

Liberty-Eylau vs Jasper (Sat 2pm)

Sulphur Springs vs PNG (Sat 7:30)

@ SHSU

Carthage vs W-OS (Thurs)

JT vs Crosby (Fri)

Mineola vs Kirbyville (Sat 2pm)

Gilmer vs Silsbee (Sat 7:30)

@ SFA

Longview vs PA Memorial (Fri)

White Oak vs San Augustine (Sat 2pm)

Whitehouse vs Beaumont Central (Sat 7:30)

@ Abe Martin (Lufkin)

New Boston vs. Coldspring-Oakhurst (Thurs)

Chapel Hill vs. Beaumont Ozen (Fri)

Kilgore vs. LCM

Tyler Lee vs Beaumont West Brook (Sat 7pm)

This is with the new addition of a 4th site and a couple changes to the original

My other interesting match-ups would be

Coldspring vs. New Boston

Corrigan Camden vs. Leonard

Joaquin vs. Waskom

Brookshire Royal vs. Gladewater

Beaumont WB vs. Tyler Lee

LCM vs Kilgore

Sealy vs. Athens

Center vs. Van

Of the matchups above I think Beaumont WB vs Tyler Lee would be the primetime game on Saturday night, then you add Coldspring/New Boston on Thursday

Ozen /Chapel Hill on Friday and then pick one of those other games to be saturday at 2 and play those 4 games at Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin. (why I didn't take your advice on New Caney's new stadium, while it is definitely very nice and appealing, that is until you figure that you'd have to include their 2 football programs in this classic (most likely) in order to play in their stadium and they are 1) both Houston and 2) neither one of them has been any good

I also think I would change the Chapel Hill/Jasper match-up to

Beaumont Ozen vs. Chapel Hill (they can play at the 4th site)

Jasper vs Liberty-Eylau (have them meet at Longview)

Tyler Lee vs WB game has been played and Lee has beaten by them more than once in recent history

So has JT and Tyler Lee but y'all seem to keep playing that one... It's okay to play a team twice every 5-10 years or so. It can still be a good matchup. When WB beat Lee back in 10/11 Lee was WAY down... they went 3-19 over those 2 years. Lee is the 4th best (at best) "big" school in East Texas, JT, Longview, and T High all better in recent history so they get to play the 4th or so best "big" school from Southeast Texas

So has JT and Tyler Lee but y'all seem to keep playing that one... It's okay to play a team twice every 5-10 years or so. It can still be a good matchup. When WB beat Lee back in 10/11 Lee was WAY down... they went 3-19 over those 2 years. Lee is the 4th best (at best) "big" school in East Texas, JT, Longview, and T High all better in recent history so they get to play the 4th or so best "big" school from Southeast Texas

Yes, but JT and Lee has to play each other because they are in the same city. For the longest time in the same district.

Yes, but JT and Lee has to play each other because they are in the same city. For the longest time in the same district.

There is no rule that says 2 teams "must" play each other because they are in the same city. But I understand what you were saying, I was just pointing out that because one team played another team 7(or so) years ago doesn't mean they can't play again. May have been a bad example in your eyes but then you look at a a place like Lubbock where all 4 teams rarely play each other, the same goes for Wichita Falls, San Angelo, Longview, & Pflugerville. I am sure there are more those are just the ones that I could come up with off the top of my head. Same district = yes they HAVE to play, same city --> no they don't. What do you think will be the chances they are in back in the same district this time next year???

Imo i think those match-ups would be exciting to see and would possibly have big turnouts at all 4 spots

There is no rule that says 2 teams "must" play each other because they are in the same city. But I understand what you were saying, I was just pointing out that because one team played another team 7(or so) years ago doesn't mean they can't play again. May have been a bad example in your eyes but then you look at a a place like Lubbock where all 4 teams rarely play each other, the same goes for Wichita Falls, San Angelo, Longview, & Pflugerville. I am sure there are more those are just the ones that I could come up with off the top of my head. Same district = yes they HAVE to play, same city --> no they don't. What do you think will be the chances they are in back in the same district this time next year???

Yes, but it wasn't until recent years the JT and

Lee was not in the same district so yes they had to play each other until 2010

IMO, with these "classics" or whatever you want to call them with several games at one location, it would be better for the fans at least if they didn't play the same team twice back to back years. They're playing at a neutral site anyway, so it's not like anybody would be getting screwed out of a home game.. So like if JT and Longview were both playing in something like this, the second year they could swap opponents... Just a thought

IMO, with these "classics" or whatever you want to call them with several games at one location, it would be better for the fans at least if they didn't play the same team twice back to back years. They're playing at a neutral site anyway, so it's not like anybody would be getting screwed out of a home game.. So like if JT and Longview were both playing in something like this, the second year they could swap opponents... Just a thought

Then it's a good idea also.

I like that idea! Here is what I have came up with... We call it the East Texas Civil War!

2015 sites and matchups are as follows

@ Longview HS

Mineola vs Kirbyville (Fri)

Chapel Hill vs Jasper (Sat 2pm)

Texas High vs Lufkin (Sat 7pm)

@ SHSU

Carthage vs W-OS (Thurs)

Sulphur Springs vs PNG (Fri)

Gilmer vs Silsbee (Sat 2:30)

JT vs Crosby (Sat 7pm)

@ SFA

Whitehouse vs Beaumont Central (Fri)

White Oak vs Buna (Sat 2pm)

Longview vs PA Memorial (Sat 7pm)

@ Abe Martin (Lufkin)

New Boston vs. Coldspring-Oakhurst (Thurs)

Chapel Hill vs. Beaumont Ozen (Fri)

Kilgore vs. LCM

Tyler Lee vs Beaumont West Brook (Sat 7pm)

(I think these are right... may be a typo somewhere in there)

2016 Sites and matchups are as follows (pending realignment)

@ Longview HS

Chapel Hill vs Jasper (Thurs)

Texas High vs Beaumont Central (Fri)

New Boston vs Newton (Sat 2pm)

Tyler Lee vs Lufkin (Sat 7:30)

@ SHSU

Kilgore vs. LCM (Thurs)

Sulphur Springs vs Crosby (Fri)

Mineola vs. Kirbyville (Sat 2pm)

Whitehouse vs. Nederland (Sat 7:30)

@SFA

Liberty-Eylau vs. Beaumont Ozen (Thurs)

Marshall vs PNG (Fri)

Atlanta vs Coldspring-Oakhurst (Sat 2pm)

Longview vs Beaumont Westbrook (Sat 7:30)

@ Abe Martin

Carthage vs. Silsbee (Thurs)

Gilmer vs W-OS (Fri)

White Oak vs. Buna (Sat 2pm)

John Tyler vs Port Arthur Memorial (Sat 7:30)

yes there are some travel issues but it is what it is! everybody has to get on a bus at some point! This would be an awesome kickoff to the next 2 football seasons in all of east Texas!!