District 11 3A Football Predictions and Thoughts

player73

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think most of dist 12 returns alot and even better this year

"Most" covers a lot of ground. Buna had 18 Srs and people I know in SETX say Arnold is losing what little he had around him. So I wouldn't say 12 is returning most... Maybe Kville is...

Your correct Buna lost the most but don't count them out, they still have plenty coming up to be a top contender in this dist. Kountze returned like 8/8 with Arnold and that's the only lose 12 had against 11, I'm afraid 11 is going to run into a wall again

It will be interesting to see the bi-district matchups here. Last year, Buna over Malakoff was somewhat surprising, especially since Rockdale had there way with them the following week.

In 2015, Kirbyvlle and East Chambers should be 1/2 in D12. I think that order is still up the air, but I think the consensus is that Kirbyville will win the district. After that, it looks like we are looking at Kountze/Buna at 3/4. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 2nd place team out of D11 and the 3rd place out of D12 will be a game to watch (again) out of the first round.

IMO , it will be 2/2. Buna beating Malakoff last year was a big upset.

Upset is correct word. Malakoff didn't play well. Had a few young kids in big spots that didn't respond to the atmosphere. It happens. Buna wins that game 1 out of 10 times and last year in Carthage was the 1 time.

All I ever meant was 11 3a has two teams.. Malakoff and Teague one of which will get Yoe in second round. Beside Malakoff, Teague has only one playoff win of recent. The other 4 teams in that district wont get a playoff win. Anytime you have a 6 team district and 1 team goes 0-fer, 1 team only has I district win against the 0-fer team, You only have to win 2 games against the previous mentioned teams. When has Westwood been any good? This will be their best team as their studs are now seniors but still wont make any noise. Elkhart, is two years removed from having the Wilson kid. They wont field another team like the Wilson years no time soon. IMO, the last district with Crockett, Franklin, Trinity, Teague, Elkhart, Westwood. Was a much stronger district

Since its about dist 11 first Westwood will be in the mix no doubt

I really wonder if there pre season schedule hurts them this year? Last year it made sense to have a soft schedule to get wins piled up and confidence high after the tough seasons they had endured.

Now in the second year its hard to say the effect they will be 5-0 after non district and most likely have won all 5 in blowouts that are not contested

Teagues non district schedule will have them ready I could see 4-1 and maybe 3-2 starting district Mexia and Caldwell will be battles but the payoff will be there in district from the tough competition

Elkhart will be scrappy and play very hard Coach Wells does a great a job and although they may be outmanned you will not be able to take them lightly

Malakoff im honestly not sure what to expect from my Tigers growing pains from Sr losses for sure

a leadership void on the player side need to see who will step up in that role?

Alright everyone here is my prediction.

1-3 in playoffs again.

Teague gets second round against either academy or Rockdale.

Finally gets over the hump to face a tough east chambers team.

Meets Cameron in final and gives the Yoe all they can handle but come up short and Yoe wins state again.

The team that is not getting a lot of attention out 12 is East Chambers who was the # 1 seed last year. They have 10/9 back. Kirbyville will be good and are lucky the Rockdale QB got hurt or it would have gotten ugly. No discipline on D in that game until Rockdale just started running the ball with no threat of a passing game. Buna did upset Malakoff but Rockdale blew them out the next week. No way Rockdale would have beat Makakoff 55-28.

Malakoff is only wild card we will see what they have after Dowell is gone and if they show they can win just like Teague losing the big 3 it could be 2-2 in playoffs.

Time will tell. District 12 with be tough to beat again.

I agree and hoping Malakoff can recover after losing their only treat in Dowell.

I agree and hoping Malakoff can recover after losing their only treat in Dowell.

I think Malakoff returns the Defensive MVP and co linemen MVP. Not sure if you're counting those guys as threats. Also numerous 1st and 2nd teamers on O and D. Just because one horse was featured in a game doesn't mean there aren't more that are capable of being considered threats.

I think Malakoff returns the Defensive MVP and co linemen MVP. Not sure if you're counting those guys as threats. Also numerous 1st and 2nd teamers on O and D. Just because one horse was featured in a game doesn't mean there aren't more that are capable of being considered threats.

I have watched that game over and over and Dowell was it all pretty much on offense/defense for Malakoff. He needed some help so where was these players u talk about?

Homegrown the big play threats were sophomores and they were there QT Barker wideout he has legitimate 4:5 speed

Tyler Russell wr speed and height as juniors they should show up more

The defensive MVP is a good rb who will play a lot more offense this year and is legit 4:6 speed he is not Marcus Dowell of course

The qb competition will be interesting and a sophomore may very well win the job whoever wins the job will bring much more of a running threat from the position

Homegrown the big play threats were sophomores and they were there QT Barker wideout he has legitimate 4:5 speed

The defensive MVP is a good rb who will play a lot more offense this year and is legit 4:6 speed he is not Marcus Dowell of course

The qb competition will be interesting and a sophomore may very well win the job whoever wins the job will bring much more of a running threat from the position

I do believe what u say and I hope ur right so we can see another great game between us

Anyone thinking Malakoff doesn't have talent coming back had better look and think again. They will be right in the mix of District 11 and Region 3. They are well coached and Jamie Driskell record since arriving Malakoff backs this up.