3. Kirbyville
4. East Chambers
5. Mineola
6. Shallowater
7. Pottsboro
8. Brock
9. Wall
10. Edna
Polls are fairly similar, with 9 of 10 teams being the same. They have Rockdale at #10. I have them at #17. I have Edna there. They have them at #14.
- Pottsboro/Pilot Point - Right now, Mineola has to be the favorite in the region. However, teams like Pilot Point and Pottsboro gave them good games.
- They have Mineola #2 and I have Teague there. Mineola is a safe bet with them being at state last year and what they return. I am banking on the Teague QB being effective in order for my ranking to hold up. I will find out more in August when they play Lexington on Thursday at Waco ISD. If Not, Kirbyville will be that team.
- Seems like people think White Oak could have a chance in the region. I have them in my top 20 at this point.
- Rockdale is at #10 here and will probably be inside TheOldCoach top 10 when released. The Tigers have athletes coming up, but I believe they take a step backwards this season due to the amount of people they lost and youth. Probably still good enough to compete at a high level in district and possibly a top 20 team.
  • Like 1

it was but we did have a 4th quarter lead something no other team had.

I think Yoe is the team you will have to beat to get to the finals. Yoe has a lot coming back did Teague lose a lot or do they also have a lot coming back?

we did lose some nice pieces but we are loaded as well. When we line up this year be prepared to get hit in the mouth.

Easy for you to say that. The kids are the ones that have to be physical and Teague didn't put a physical group on the field all the way from varsity to the 7th grade.

In addition, here is the TexasHSFootball top 20:

1. Cameron Yoe

2. Brock

3. Rockdale

4. Pottsboro

5. Shallowater

6. Kirbyville

7. Mineola

8. Pilot Point

9. New Boston

10. Goliad

11. Wall

12. Hallettsville

13. East Chambers

14. Muleshoe

15. Edna

16. Glen Rose

17. Sunnyvale

18. Breckenridge

19. Teague

20. White Oak

Definitely favoring DCTF when comparing these two.

I like the Kirbyville Wildcats this year as well. Wildcats had a very good year last year with a young roster. They return either 9 or 10 on Offense including QB and all skill positions. They are also pulling up a very talented JV team that did very well last year in that tough district. Had some holes to fill on defense with hiring of some new coaches I hear that too has potential to be filled. Go Wildcats!!

what u think

Just confirms my thoughts about your football knowledge, or lack thereof. How many football games have you played in where you were on the winning team? And don't skirt around this one with the typical middle aged guy living in Teague saying, "it's all about now and what our kids are doing." Just answer straight up, how many games have you won?

Just confirms my thoughts about your football knowledge, or lack thereof. How many football games have you played in where you were on the winning team? And don't skirt around this one with the typical middle aged guy living in Teague saying, "it's all about now and what our kids are doing." Just answer straight up, how many games have you won?

thru my whole time playing this game "A LOT" and my knowledge of this game goes thru the roof.