DCTF 3A DI Top 20

Yoe09

Kirbyville will be a tough out in this region along with East Chambers. Interesting to see who will come out of their District as the Champion. Kountze could have a say as well with the Arnold kid leading the way for the Lions. He is just a fabulous athlete. IMO

Kountze does return Arnold but lost alot around him. Im afraid Arnold is going to have a tough year with a weak line and carrying the team alone. He had help last year but still carried a heavy load. I would love to see what this kid could do with a supporting cast

Right now, the major players in region III are:

Cameron Yoe, Teague, Kirbyville, and East Chambers.

Some may argue for: Rockdale, Malakoff, and someone from D10. I would think McGregor is going to be the favorite there, but Glen Rose has been solid and Grandview has the best QB in 3A if they could play defense.

Region 3 hands down deepest toughest Region Top 2 favorites

Yoe

Kirbyville should be a beast

The other players in the Region have all been discussed

One team I look to be in the mix and greatly improved from the improvement they made last year is Palestine Westwood

They have 2 real good backs that return and some other good skill kids

Not sure in loaded Region how they do but they could be a tough out come November

Every year it seems like Teague is ranked way up there. Where does that come from? The program as far as I know has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs I do not understand why folks think Teague is one of the top programs in the state. Granted they DO have the talent to be an elite level team, just never have put it all together on the field. And if you are a Teague fan I do not put this out there to be disrespectful, just giving my opinion. Nothing personal.

Every year it seems like Teague is ranked way up there. Where does that come from? The program as far as I know has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs I do not understand why folks think Teague is one of the top programs in the state. Granted they DO have the talent to be an elite level team, just never have put it all together on the field. And if you are a Teague fan I do not put this out there to be disrespectful, just giving my opinion. Nothing personal.

I understand what u feel and we DID have a problem with keeping coaches that WAS our biggest problem. We have found our leader and now it is translating on the field. We are horned to be as high as we are but at the end of the day we are hoping for a championship

BCP, you have every right to feel that way but hopefully the program made a significant change this past year. Last year the football team didn't make past the second round but the only loss on the season was to the State Champs Cameron Yoe.The basketball team made a run to the Regional Tournament when no one ever dreamed they would. The Baseball team made it to the Regional Finals ( including two regional quarterfinal appearances prior) one game from Austin only to be knocked out by the State Champ West.We at Teague hope that Coach Osborn will finally give us the stability that the program desperately needed.

BCP, you have every right to feel that way but hopefully the program made a significant change this past year. Last year the football team didn't make past the second round but the only loss on the season was to the State Champs Cameron Yoe.The basketball team made a run to the Regional Tournament when no one ever dreamed they would. The Baseball team made it to the Regional Finals ( including two regional quarterfinal appearances prior) one game from Austin only to be knocked out by the State Champ West.We at Teague hope that Coach Osborn will finally give us the stability that the program desperately needed.

I don't think his criticism was aimed at Teague directly. I read it as an indictment of the media who writes the rankings. On that point, he's right. Year after year, teams that start the year ranked high fail to live up to it, in every classification.

Right now, the major players in region III are:

Cameron Yoe, Teague, Kirbyville, and East Chambers.

Some may argue for: Rockdale, Malakoff, and someone from D10. I would think McGregor is going to be the favorite there, but Glen Rose has been solid and Grandview has the best QB in 3A if they could play defense.

I think Rockdale struggles to even make the playoffs much less be ranked in the top 20.

Since the season has ended till now I have looked into what a few programs brings back and since I follow the Teague Lions I have really followed what they have coming back. Their strengths will be #1 offense/defense linemen, #2 Linebackers, #3 athleticism, #4 Depth and maybe the best thing coming back #5 coaches. The Teague lions weakness is #1 lack of experience at QB, #2 experience lost at WR and #3 secondary. The positives out weight the negatives by far and I look for the Lions to be a very tough team to beat. Good Luck to Coach Osborn and his staff as they make a championship run.

I think Rockdale struggles to even make the playoffs much less be ranked in the top 20.

I think they are a playoff team, but I would be surprised if top 10 in the state. I have them at #17 because of the younger talent they have coming up. Next best class coming up is the incoming sophomores.

Since the season has ended till now I have looked into what a few programs brings back and since I follow the Teague Lions I have really followed what they have coming back. Their strengths will be #1 offense/defense linemen, #2 Linebackers, #3 athleticism, #4 Depth and maybe the best thing coming back #5 coaches. The Teague lions weakness is #1 lack of experience at QB, #2 experience lost at WR and #3 secondary. The positives out weight the negatives by far and I look for the Lions to be a very tough team to beat. Good Luck to Coach Osborn and his staff as they make a championship run.

Teague will not even win district

Region 2 will come down to Mineola, White Oak, Pottsboro, Pilot Point and Sunnyvale. Few darkhorses in my opinion: Redwater, New Boston and Whitesboro. If I had to put money on the table I would say Mineola vs White Oak in regional final.

Region 2 will come down to Mineola, White Oak, Pottsboro, Pilot Point and Sunnyvale. Few darkhorses in my opinion: Redwater, New Boston and Whitesboro. If I had to put money on the table I would say Mineola vs White Oak in regional final.

There is a possibility that Daingerfield could get back to their winning ways. Last year could have been a fluke. Going from a 2 lost season to a 9 loss season doesn't seem normal to me.

Meaning yall can't beat either one?

Teague has beaten Malakoff once in recent history. The best class in Teague history were good. They won't have a class like that again. Kville gave up 49 to Buna, Malakoff gave up 34. Who has the better defense???