EF, football 2015

rock95

Alright guys EF threads always get deleted. Keep the trash talk to a minimum please, let's have fun and be excited that high school football is around the corner. Ya baby!!!! With that being said. If EF, stays healthy this season! I hope Its going to be one of those 2007 seasons for them but with a better ending.

Me too. I was sorely disappointed with the ending last year. Not sure what the dynamics were of teams like EF and Arp both getting beat by lesser talented teams when the chips were down. Says a lot to me about the challenge of cultivating a winning attitude.

Note that state football champion Waskom's Kevin Johnson won the state long jump on his last attempt, jumping about a foot further than his previous attempts to edge out the leading jumper. "Refuse to lose" is an old slogan, and a good one. Wishing all of East Texas programs a great season this coming fall!

Me too. I was sorely disappointed with the ending last year. Not sure what the dynamics were of teams like EF and Arp both getting beat by lesser talented teams when the chips were down. Says a lot to me about the challenge of cultivating a winning attitude.

Note that state football champion Waskom's Kevin Johnson won the state long jump on his last attempt, jumping about a foot further than his previous attempts to edge out the leading jumper. "Refuse to lose" is an old slogan, and a good one. Wishing all of East Texas programs a great season this coming fall!

Not making no excuses but the injury bug hit EF just as they started to find out what they can do.

If EF history is correct this should be a good year. Look at the last two successful head coaches at EF. Ted Patton had a hard first year, playoffs his second year, and then went 14-2 in his third year. Erik King had a hard first year, playoffs his second year, and went 11-4 his third year. Scott Ford had a hard first year, playoffs second year...........................do you see the pattern? Could be a good year. I will go out on a limb and say that EF goes 8-2 this year with a loss to Mineola and Arp. Not sure how many coaches at EF have lost to Waskom 3 years in a row. Will not be good if it happens to EF for a third year.

If EF history is correct this should be a good year. Look at the last two successful head coaches at EF. Ted Patton had a hard first year, playoffs his second year, and then went 14-2 in his third year. Erik King had a hard first year, playoffs his second year, and went 11-4 his third year. Scott Ford had a hard first year, playoffs second year...........................do you see the pattern? Could be a good year. I will go out on a limb and say that EF goes 8-2 this year with a loss to Mineola and Arp. Not sure how many coaches at EF have lost to Waskom 3 years in a row. Will not be good if it happens to EF for a third year.

Since getting into the playoffs is a lot easier it might not be so bad on a coach as you do have the opportunity for revenge down the road back when Waskom was beating EF 10 years in a row 2nd place set at home that was a lot worse. EF had very good teams during that 10 year stretch from 72-82

I know EF can be rough on a coach didn't they let Benny Mitchell go after he went 13-0 and lost in the quarters? I think Chad Morris came and lead EF to the finals the next year when they lost to Celina.

Lost to Celina two years in a row.........well if your gonna lose.......lose to the school with the most championships.

It appears the expectations for EF are very high this year with DCTF giving them that much respect. Might be a more interesting district this year than last, as most everyone except J.J. expected Waskom to win it. I expect it to be a dogfight for that top spot. Waskom obviously has a lot of holes to fill on the offensive side. Arp will still have the most talent overall, but what will they get out of it?

I think Waskom is going to lay down and quit since the good players left. No reason for those 70 plus kids to be showing up for summer lifting. They should just enjoy the summer and play video games. Arp and EF already have them beat.

Guest Onmyway

I think Waskom is going to lay down and quit since the good players left. No reason for those 70 plus kids to be showing up for summer lifting. They should just enjoy the summer and play video games. Arp and EF already have them beat.

dont get mad because people no that waskom not going to be the same, I don't care if you have 200, kids working out, its not going to replace what you loss. Those ringside sitting days are over so go back to the bleachers and take the bitter with the sweet.

dont get mad because people no that waskom not going to be the same, I don't care if you have 200, kids working out, its not going to replace what you loss. Those ringside sitting days are over so go back to the bleachers and take the bitter with the sweet.

LOL. Mad... not even close my friend. I am not emotionally invested here at all. Have really enjoyed bantering with my fellow ETX neighbors. My ringside sitting days can only be stopped by events of Biblical proportions, and of those I monitor closely also. :)

What people do not get is that these prediction are not by the staff at DCTF, it is from the coaches in the district.. DCTF sends forms to all HC's in district and ask each how they see the district playing out. So, if you don't like the predictions, not on the mag, it is on the coaches who know who has what coming back and how they see the teams...

Objectively, they got it right, you could flip Waskom or Arp either way..but anyone that has done their homework( like the district coaches have) there is no question EF should be ranked #1 to start the year..

Now, will they finish there, that is why they play the games...

But says a ton that 3 of the top 10 pre season teams in 3A D2 are from the same district.. love East Texas football..

What people do not get is that these prediction are not by the staff at DCTF, it is from the coaches in the district.. DCTF sends forms to all HC's in district and ask each how they see the district playing out. So, if you don't like the predictions, not on the mag, it is on the coaches who know who has what coming back and how they see the teams...

Objectively, they got it right, you could flip Waskom or Arp either way..but anyone that has done their homework( like the district coaches have) there is no question EF should be ranked #1 to start the year..

Now, will they finish there, that is why they play the games...

But says a ton that 3 of the top 10 pre season teams in 3A D2 are from the same district.. love East Texas football..

lmao nah. A solid #2 though. Just remember y'all got torched by Arps youth last year due to Johnson being banged up. EF couldn't stop or contain Arps youngsters. Now Arp has all them back and a much much improved size and skill on the line. Good luck lol.

Since getting into the playoffs is a lot easier it might not be so bad on a coach as you do have the opportunity for revenge down the road back when Waskom was beating EF 10 years in a row 2nd place set at home that was a lot worse. EF had very good teams during that 10 year stretch from 72-82

The guys writing the schedules back then must have know what they were doing, they always scheduled Waskom/EF the last game of the season, and it always seemed to come down to District being won. I for one never realized what it felt like to lose against EF, best game was the 8-7 Waskom win in EF. Don't remember much about the game, except the bricks coming through the bus windows headed out of the parking lot. That must have been Waskom fans celebrating, huh!! ;)

The matchup I'm looking forward to see is Arps Baker vs waskoms Benton. Prolly be the top 2 athletes in the district.

Benton graduated from Waskom, if there is another, my mistake. I assume you mean Chan Aimee, who is going to be one of the highest touted athletes in the state, barring injury. EF should likely be #1 based on returning players. Arp should still be loaded though. Could set up a fun fall for Smoaky football experts... and the rest of us.

lmao nah. A solid #2 though. Just remember y'all got torched by Arps youth last year due to Johnson being banged up. EF couldn't stop or contain Arps youngsters. Now Arp has all them back and a much much improved size and skill on the line. Good luck lol.

everyone knows you are not very smart. There is no we as I am from Marshall.. I did see a even game at halftime last year with Arp. EF had just lost Jakobe Owens and 3 starters for that game.. Owens one of the biggest game breakers in east texas..

But go ahead, continue, you know more that the district coaches..

16 starters back including a 2,400 yd qb, offensive player of the year in Ratliffe, 1st team all-dist in Owens, 4/5 OL with 1 st team OT Mathews and Rice at center..

Defense is loaded.. Ratliffe was 2nd team all state at punter and have a great young kicker..

Naw, the dist coaches just voted EF first place by 7-0 margin because last year they got beat in 2nd half by Arp..

but carry on, you were same guy saying players were still at Arp that were not there.. Go ahead and post 30 more times, people just ignore them as you cannot debate ..just bloviate..

I like EF, but I will have to take Mineola in this one. They should pick up where they faltered and get it rolling early.

Going to be tough, but EF beat them last year 6-3 when both teams were not very good. EF made a bunch of changes and never looked back(other than a few key injuries). Mineola just started letting they young QB start free lancing and they took off. It will be hard for him to do that against EF's speed IMO and the Anderson twins were a non story in the game..

I see no way Mineola can stop EF's offense and EF should be able to get enough stops in that game to come out with a win.. High scoring, but a win..

Should be a great atmosphere though to open Mineola's new turn field with a top ranked matchup..

Going to be tough, but EF beat them last year 6-3 when both teams were not very good. EF made a bunch of changes and never looked back(other than a few key injuries). Mineola just started letting they young QB start free lancing and they took off. It will be hard for him to do that against EF's speed IMO and the Anderson twins were a non story in the game..

I see no way Mineola can stop EF's offense and EF should be able to get enough stops in that game to come out with a win.. High scoring, but a win..

Should be a great atmosphere though to open Mineola's new turn field with a top ranked matchup..

Possibly, but I am basing my prediction on the experience of making it to the big game with a lot of underclassmen. That is half a season of huge wins under their belt.