TheOldCoach FNF Magazine

MattStepp

Should be in stores around July 1...here's some info on the cover release!

The theme of this year's magazine is Big Men On Campus, we show the big guys in the trenches some love with this year's cover! Featured on the cover is Killeen Shoemaker DL Kendell Jones (Alabama); Silsbee OL Patrick Hudson (Baylor); Spring Westfield DL Ed Oliver (Houston); North Mesquite OL Jean DeLance (Uncommitted).

The magazine is 100% dedicated to Texas High School Football and we've previewed all the UIL 11-man programs. We have pre-season Top 50 rankings in each class, all-state teams, projected playoff brackets and several unique features that coaches, players and fans will enjoy.

FNF15 TX Cover.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the initial FNF and it had some editing problems that put me off of buying subsequent editions, but with everyone dumping on this year's DCTF I guess I'm finally ready to forgive and forget. I hope all the kinks have been ironed out and this year's is clean in that regard. I like that it focuses on high school ball, but please God don't let me find any repeated paragraphs. giggle.gif

compared to DCTF we are new but this now our 6th edition of the magazine

& looking forward to it...hope to have by late Wednesday so we can shred it on the way to 7on7 Thursday morning...always a lot to talk about Matt

FNF is a first-class Texas High School football bible for all those that are die-hard high school football junkies. I believe DCTF has been putting more emphasis on the college level and their high school coverage has been severely impacted with lack of depth and knowledge base. IMO, FNF has now fomented DCTF for having the most in-depth and accurate analysis of Texas high school football coverage statewide. Keep up the excellent work....I love your magazine. Can't wait for this season's edition.

It's really difficult to expect to overtake a 50 year institution in the state of Texas in five years. Not gonna happen and no sane person expects that, especially with zero full time staff.

I think what we've done is carve out a little nitch for ourselves in the first five years, there are some who like FNF better and some who like DCTF better and that's to be expected. There's a reason very few (if anyone) has tried before us to put out a comprehensive statewide magazine and we are now in year six...that's an achievement unto itself....

I can say we've made a concerted effort at FNF to write good, insightful previews on all 11 man public schools..6A to 2A....I think that's where we've done a good job and will hopefully continue. I think FNF has improved each and every year and I think this year's version has improved as well.. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

I have seen it said and I will say it as well. That is the last issue of texas football that I will buy. It is just simply terrible. So many flaws from athletes listed in the wrong classifications to enrollment figures being way off not to mention that in the Cameron v mineola game there was apparently only about 30 yards of offense in a game where 100 pts where scored. Every Editor needs to be fired immediately, simply embarrassing.