TheOldCoach FNF Magazine

MattStepp

It's really difficult to expect to overtake a 50 year institution in the state of Texas in five years. Not gonna happen and no sane person expects that, especially with zero full time staff.

I think what we've done is carve out a little nitch for ourselves in the first five years, there are some who like FNF better and some who like DCTF better and that's to be expected. There's a reason very few (if anyone) has tried before us to put out a comprehensive statewide magazine and we are now in year six...that's an achievement unto itself....

I can say we've made a concerted effort at FNF to write good, insightful previews on all 11 man public schools..6A to 2A....I think that's where we've done a good job and will hopefully continue. I think FNF has improved each and every year and I think this year's version has improved as well.. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

Already happened in my humble opinion...still buy the DCTF but ask why when I do.

Decades ago, when DCTF was in it's heyday they used to actually go out and do interviews with coaches and there was a lot more commentary about the top contenders in each district ... even at the small school level. Now, it seems they have almost brushed aside the HS section and give bare bones write ups based on some questionnaire they hopefully get back.

Got my copy in the mail today too.. Overall not a bad magazine.. Did have an error on my Franklin Lions write up.. We got beat by Newton in the 3rd round (Regional Semi-Finalist) NOT Area Finalists... Also don't necessarily agree with being ranked 18th.. But I don't put much stock in rankings... But they are fun to talk about...

Guess this magazine is never going to hit any east Texas stores. If you ask them about it, they look at you like your stupid or something. They have no idea what you are talking about.

like you got #### on your face...lol

Which Walmart is this at

sorry guys I thought that Walmart would carry them. but we have some extra one that we are selling at EF field house they have EF featured on the cover its the same magazine if you can't find one and want one hit me up I'll make sure you get it I no the others are $10.00 these are $15.00 because of the special cover.

I appreciate that very much but the hour and a half drive is a little much for me to get there.

sorry guys I thought that Walmart would carry them. but we have some extra one that we are selling at EF field house they have EF featured on the cover its same magazine if you can't find one and want one hit me up I'll make sure you get it I no the others are $10.00 these are $15.00 because of the special cover.

I appreciate that very much but the hour and a half drive is a little much for me to get there.

sorry guys I thought that Walmart would carry them. but we have some extra one that we are selling at EF field house they have EF featured on the cover its same magazine if you can't find one and want one hit me up I'll make sure you get it I no the others are $10.00 these are $15.00 because of the special cover.

i understand that

If you haven't already...you all should probably just order it online.

I like FNF and DCTF but FNF has never been as organized as DCTF with release dates. Believe this mag was originally supposed to be on the stands on July 3rd. Then they said it would be July 14th. So...yeah. Better just order it online.

You can go by the EF field house and pick one up. They are $15 as EF did the custom cover project and EF is on the cover.. Everything on the inside is the same.. Very well done and the just blow TF away with the coverage of HS football.. EF sold about 300 pre-order, but have about another 150 for sale to anyone that wants to buy one.

I am very disappointed in the lack of timely distribution to news stands and I let it be known...you have no idea how frustrating it is to be involved in something you think is pretty dang good and want people to see it yet they can't because they cant find it...the magazine was finished in late May but because the printer had to finalize and ad deal it dragged into late June...(I get it advertisers pay the bills; but still)

At this point the magazines should be on shelves but they aren't at least where I've looked...

BUT

I'm told Barnes and Nobles and Hastings does have them on shelves..Hastings is more a small town thing but I think there's one in Longview and Tyler for sure