Cushing?

ScottFrost

They'll beat Sabine Pass, Burkeville, Wortham and lose by an average of 60 to every other team they play. This job is the epitome of a revolving door

They'll also beat Detroit. They won't average losing by 60. Evadale won't be that much better, and the 5 in their district will rest their starters in the second half.

They'll also beat Detroit. They won't average losing by 60. Evadale won't be that much better, and the 5 in their district will rest their starters in the second half.

Make no mistake someone did a helluva job scheduling non district opponents

Make no mistake someone did a helluva job scheduling non district opponents

I don't really blame them. If you're ever going to build a winning program, you have to create opportunities for the kids to get the taste of victory in their mouths. It's difficult to do that if you're scheduling Tenaha and Alto.

I don't really blame them. If you're ever going to build a winning program, you have to create opportunities for the kids to get the taste of victory in their mouths. It's difficult to do that if you're scheduling Tenaha and Alto.

+1,000

The Godfather had a chuckle over the fact that this Cushing thread turned into a Tenaha-Shelbyville thread in the blink of an eye...

The Cush will always struggle in football. Their geography will always see them placed in districts with the likes of Alto or San Augustine, which is bad enough. The lack of commitment to the sport is the other reason. The kids play and play hard generally, but mostly they are thinking of baseball season and the opportunities for success there. Not to mention they need to help justify the new gym by fielding a decent basketball team. Usually more fans there to watch the girls. At least that's the way it used to be.

I see at most 3 wins for them. Good luck to the new coach...

The Godfather had a chuckle over the fact that this Cushing thread turned into a Tenaha-Shelbyville thread in the blink of an eye...

The Cush will always struggle in football. At least that's the way it used to be.

I see at most 3 wins for them. Good luck to the new coach...

In a town where the biggest business is the sale of gravestones, this town should be on the grow and move up in classification because more people are dying everyday. Tenaha-Shelbyville will not have Cushing to fear; "At least that's the way it used to be". it will be the likes of Carthage and Gilmer.