7-3A D2 Football '15

I don't have any dogs in the hunt for a few years so I can be a little unbiased for a while.....

Hughes Springs has a lot of team speed this year I hear. Barnes at the helm of that Slot-T will be fine.

Hooks always has the talent just don't seem to step up for some reason.

DeKalb has always been tough.

Pewitt will surprise a few people. They still will feature the power running game. How out of the spread I don't know. I just believe in the boys.

L/K is well L/K

QC is in a tailspin.

Power run game? We must define power differently.

Seen a lot of spread, haven't seen many power run games out of it. Please explain where the TE and FB are lined up in the spread.

• Like 1

Power run game? We must define power differently.

Seen a lot of spread, haven't seen many power run games out of it. Please explain where the TE and FB are lined up in the spread.

I thought you said you've forgotten more football than me?! Spread teams still run the power out of 2 back gun Or they motion and guy in to wham. What you slot t guys call 234-236. Will they be successful running it. NO!! You are a fool if you think they can win district.

I thought you said you've forgotten more football than me?! Spread teams still run the power out of 2 back gun Or they motion and guy in to wham. What you slot t guys call 234-236. Will they be successful running it. NO!! You are a fool if you think they can win district.

Haha.......

They won't have a TE comboing with tackle nor the HB leading in. Don't compare 234-36 to a wham. You fool. Do the math. Your talking to someone who ran 234-36 hundreds of times!

Pewitt wins the district airing it out!

Haha.......

They won't have a TE comboing with tackle nor the HB leading in. Don't compare 234-36 to a wham. You fool. Do the math. Your talking to someone who ran 234-36 hundreds of times!

Pewitt wins the district airing it out!

Excuse my terminology mix up. The blast is your slot t guys 234-236. You truly are foolish thinking they win the district.

Well when you have a son playing you can't help but be biased.

You have a good point, I do the same for my daughters Volleyball and Basketball teams! Seems I read one time you saying you have a younger fellow too though!

You can have a Power Run game in the Spread. What do you call LEAD for that matter the vast majority of Spread Teams base their offense around the Power or the Power Read. '

Any Coach who cannot run the ball inside the Tackles without a TE and FB aint much of a Coach. You do not need those guys because you have removed defenders. SPREADING out the Defense so to speak. The BEST thing about the Spread is that if you WANT or HAVE to Pass the ball, you can do so. There is nothing sadder than watching a Slot T Team try to score with under two minutes on the clock. And I can say that because I was a Slot Coach and Coordinator for years. It is also REALLY hard to teach kids to pass block out of a four point stance.

I am amazed that there are STILL people who think that running some sort of Spread means you are automatically locked into some sort of finesse offense with a bunch of Nancy Boys who are afraid to hit anyone.

I am a Coordinator in an Oregon style offense now and I wish I had switched to that YEARS ago.

FYI for EVERY SLot T team that wins a Playoff game anymore there are Twenty Spread Teams winning games. I fought the dang Spread for years, but like it or not it is what is popular in Football these days and it is not going away anytime soon.

• Like 1

You have a good point, I do the same for my daughters Volleyball and Basketball teams! Seems I read one time you saying you have a younger fellow too though!

I do have another boy who is 5. Also have a girl who is 13.

You can have a Power Run game in the Spread. What do you call LEAD for that matter the vast majority of Spread Teams base their offense around the Power or the Power Read. '

Any Coach who cannot run the ball inside the Tackles without a TE and FB aint much of a Coach. You do not need those guys because you have removed defenders. SPREADING out the Defense so to speak. The BEST thing about the Spread is that if you WANT or HAVE to Pass the ball, you can do so. There is nothing sadder than watching a Slot T Team try to score with under two minutes on the clock. And I can say that because I was a Slot Coach and Coordinator for years. It is also REALLY hard to teach kids to pass block out of a four point stance.

I am amazed that there are STILL people who think that running some sort of Spread means you are automatically locked into some sort of finesse offense with a bunch of Nancy Boys who are afraid to hit anyone.

I am a Coordinator in an Oregon style offense now and I wish I had switched to that YEARS ago.

FYI for EVERY SLot T team that wins a Playoff game anymore there are Twenty Spread Teams winning games. I fought the dang Spread for years, but like it or not it is what is popular in Football these days and it is not going away anytime soon.

+1

Slot T to me, is a great offense, but like you said, when you HAVE to pass or WANT to, especially in the playoffs its harder when the line is in a 4 point stance....

i for one say, run the SLOT T, until your up by four or five TD's then "practice" the passing.... who cares if your up 72-6, they don't like getting beat that bad, they should stop em....

I also believe once you reach the 2nd to 3rd round of playoffs, you will NEED to be able to pass!! Even if you don't, you have to make the other team respect it!! So there aren't 10 or 11 in the box....

But what the heck do I know, I'm not a coach....