Hard Knocks: Training Camp With the Houston Texans

Fred Faour is the most anti-Houston bigot on radio.....probably comes on here as immortal13.... :lol: Anyway, if you want REAL Houston sports talk you should turn off ESPN Radio and tune in to 610........

I like Fred and AJ, because the tell it how they see it. The only thing I've heard them be wrong on is the Astros this year. Fred to me is similar to David covering the Cowboys. David is objective with them, because he's a Redskins fan. Even being a Redskins fan he was never overly critical of the Cowboys, even when they needed it. That's the sign of a solid sports commentator.

Mallett has the tools to get the job done, it's proving that he can utilize his skills to do it. We haven't seen him able to make that adjustment.

Mallett doesn't have tools, he has a tool, his arm ... he is lacking in accuracy and is as slow as molasses

I doubt anyone noticed this, since he's not a big part of the team or anything..... JJ Watt sure has a favorite word. I understand it's the NFL and he's a pro-football player - cursing is more than prevalent. But, as one of the big faces of the NFL and all the commercials he does, chill out bro. Not on camera.

I doubt anyone noticed this, since he's not a big part of the team or anything..... JJ Watt sure has a favorite word. I understand it's the NFL and he's a pro-football player - cursing is more than prevalent. But, as one of the big faces of the NFL and all the commercials he does, chill out bro. Not on camera.

Maybe they'll suspend him for conduct detrimental to the league.

:)

Mallett doesn't have tools, he has a tool, his arm ... he is lacking in accuracy and is as slow as molasses

That's true, he's got a gun, but if he had a solid offensive line his speed wouldn't matter. I'd still take a shot on him if the Texans started off with a losing record.

That's true, he's got a gun, but if he had a solid offensive line his speed wouldn't matter. I'd still take a shot on him if the Texans started off with a losing record.

His accuracy just isn't there, especially on medium range passes. He also tends to force the ball into places he shouldn't throw into. I don't think they can protect him and he isn't the greatest at avoiding the rush ... The Texans need a more accurate, more mobile QB .... I still say Hoyer is probably the best choice right now ...

• 2 weeks later...

You forgot slow between the ears. Mallet will never be a decent starting NFL qb. Texans are going to be in serious trouble (again) at quarterback. I'll be eating ribs and drinking beer and enjoying every second of it. :)

You forgot slow between the ears. Mallet will never be a decent starting NFL qb. Texans are going to be in serious trouble (again) at quarterback. I'll be eating ribs and drinking beer and enjoying every second of it. :)

Especially after the whole I overslept excuse. That's bull. That's one of things starting QBs cannot do. Maybe if your a LB, but not a QB. He'll have a new home next year now whether that's in Cleveland or his couch is up for debate.