Cross Roads Football

TheWoodDogs

If it was false pride, I'd be stupid, but its not. The one place we have ALWAYS struggled in is football. . Which btw, we are optimistic about the current season and are looking to continue our good start. Nothing else has a had a consistently bad history. We are successful in a multitude of other things, but WoodDogs, BillyClyde, and more than few others would just like to say "Welp, they fired another one so the school is worthless". Being reasonable is the issue at hand. You can't put your hand in the pot when we fail and stick your head in the sand when we succeed. and I'll finish my statement like everyone else on here that has some ill-hearted thing to say...."But really, I could NOT care less". Lol, okay.

Carnes-

The issue isn't with the kids or even the school, although some have pointed that direction. The issue is with parents treating good coaches poorly who have to provide for their families. The most recent few coaches have been good guys and because their football record did not reflect that, they've had to uproot their families and move on.

Carnes-

The issue isn't with the kids or even the school, although some have pointed that direction. The issue is with parents treating good coaches poorly who have to provide for their families. The most recent few coaches have been good guys and because their football record did not reflect that, they've had to uproot their families and move on.

Well, as much as I liked the coaches (all 4 of them) that didn't return this year, that was not the point of my previous post. I am replying to the post that said "They should just shut CR down period". Which is a horrible idea. I don't always agree with everything in CR, but the level of disapproval you people show is unreal. Most of the time, a lot of the comments get partially directed towards the players.

Well, as much as I liked the coaches (all 4 of them) that didn't return this year, that was not the point of my previous post. I am replying to the post that said "They should just shut CR down period". Which is a horrible idea. I don't always agree with everything in CR, but the level of disapproval you people show is unreal. Most of the time, a lot of the comments get partially directed towards the players.

Take this advice and run with it, kids don't make it on smoaky. CR is a better place because of kids like you with school pride passion. However, it's tough for you to see the big picture being so young, and that is that CR has no parent support and the support they do have likes to call the shots when the majority of the time, their kid is awful or has a terrible attitude and they blame the shortcomings of that player on the coaches.

Sinister-

I assume you're either a new coach not familiar with the area or a parent. The way you talk about the former baseball coach leads me to believe you're a new coach. It'll be a miracle if CR beats Grapeland or Cayuga. Beating Kerens is not even in the conversation, I don't care who they lost...

Do you even keep up with high school football, every team you have mentioned in this post is beatable. What is Cayuga right now 0-4, Grapeland 1-3, and Kerens 2-2?

Take this advice and run with it, kids don't make it on smoaky. CR is a better place because of kids like you with school pride passion. However, it's tough for you to see the big picture being so young, and that is that CR has no parent support and the support they do have likes to call the shots when the majority of the time, their kid is awful or has a terrible attitude and they blame the shortcomings of that player on the coaches.

I think it is safe to say that things here are at a cross roads.